Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #2160 on: September 19, 2011, 05:14:58 PM »
Guys that's enough. He's not coming. Almost every source says he's going to Seton Hall. Why is that such a shocker? He's playing for his hometown team and his parents probably pushed that on him. It's just been a terrible few weeks for this school. First we have 3 studs ruled ineligible, then the Big East abandonment, and now losing KA. This upcoming season began with dream-like proportions and is now crashing down quickly.

paultzman

« Reply #2161 on: September 19, 2011, 05:16:34 PM »
The ending of this saga reminds me of the Artest recruitment, which at the last second swerved from Miami to SJU. Former Coach Rutledge later told me it appeared we had lost him. He also smiled when I asked what Miami had going for them. In light of recent events in Miami, hmm.... I am not insinuating anything re: Kyle's recruitment, simply reflecting back to almost losing Mr. Peace, aka Ron.

MCNPA

« Reply #2162 on: September 19, 2011, 05:17:19 PM »
Anyone think he's picking St. John's?  Marcus, you seem to be the only positive voice left. 

Gumby, you haven't overanalyzed Kyle's recruitment in the least bit.

I have no idea any more.  Seems that all signs point away from him coming here, but who knows.  Heard from somebody that we have a good shot.  Im tired of this drama for Kyle to tell the truth.  Lavin signs top 40 players like nobody's business.  This is the only recruitment that has become a circus and I preferred it when we were "quietly" receiving a comittment every week from top players.  We will do so again, whether we land Kyle or not.  I like him and all, but not worth it IMO.  Like I said, I heard one or two people saying we are in it, but who knows.  Let's just let it play out.  I'm not going to be defeatist here for no reason until Kyle announces.  If he picks another school I won't be disappointed.  I'll be relieved one way or another and we'll move on.  For Christmas I'd MUCH rather land at least 2 of our 3 recruits for the second semester.  I'd take all those kids in a heartbeat over this Kyle drama. 

sju89tr

« Reply #2163 on: September 19, 2011, 06:13:05 PM »
Anyone think he's picking St. John's?  Marcus, you seem to be the only positive voice left. 

I have no idea any more.  Seems that all signs point away from him coming here, but who knows.  Heard from somebody that we have a good shot.  Im tired of this drama for Kyle to tell the truth.  Lavin signs top 40 players like nobody's business.  This is the only recruitment that has become a circus and I preferred it when we were "quietly" receiving a comittment every week from top players.  We will do so again, whether we land Kyle or not.  I like him and all, but not worth it IMO.  Like I said, I heard one or two people saying we are in it, but who knows.  Let's just let it play out.  I'm not going to be defeatist here for no reason until Kyle announces.  If he picks another school I won't be disappointed.  I'll be relieved one way or another and we'll move on.  For Christmas I'd MUCH rather land at least 2 of our 3 recruits for the second semester.  I'd take all those kids in a heartbeat over this Kyle drama.

I would trade Amir and either Pelle or Sampson for KA any day of the week and let's see him try to break a press with Amir and Dom on him as soon as he touches the basketball. No sour grapes here but you would have to think he goes to Florida or UCLA and not Seton Hall with 1 other scholarship to 2014. 

« Reply #2164 on: September 19, 2011, 07:19:26 PM »
Let me first state that i hope we caatch a hail mary in regards to KA, however from felipe to sebastian to syl to lance some do not reach their full potential in college. It wont be the end of SJU if and when he commits to one of the other schools. If he pulls off a suprise it would be nice however i trust lav and staff

« Reply #2165 on: September 19, 2011, 07:37:38 PM »
Somoeone should be standing outside the house tweeting what each coaches expression is as the enter and leave tonight.  ; )

Mike

« Reply #2166 on: September 19, 2011, 07:43:28 PM »

I would trade Amir and either Pelle or Sampson for KA any day of the week and let's see him try to break a press with Amir and Dom on him as soon as he touches the basketball. No sour grapes here but you would have to think he goes to Florida or UCLA and not Seton Hall with 1 other scholarship to 2014. 

I think this is a huge loss if we don't get him. This is a top 5 kid, some say top 3 of the class. This is the type of player we need to land every couple of years. Who knows what reports are true but it sounded like we were the leaders for awhile (per people here) and now we are in the bottom 2 per reports.

This is not the type of player where we say oh well I am sick of this or I rather have these 2 guys or we can grab someone else. Based on our staff and location I will be very disappointed if we don't land him, I would even say it was a total failure.

« Reply #2167 on: September 19, 2011, 07:46:12 PM »
He seems excited about the shu in home..two exclamation marks on twitter

sju89tr

« Reply #2168 on: September 19, 2011, 07:52:25 PM »

I think this is a huge loss if we don't get him. This is a top 5 kid, some say top 3 of the class. This is the type of player we need to land every couple of years. Who knows what reports are true but it sounded like we were the leaders for awhile (per people here) and now we are in the bottom 2 per reports.

This is not the type of player where we say oh well I am sick of this or I rather have these 2 guys or we can grab someone else. Based on our staff and location I will be very disappointed if we don't land him, I would even say it was a total failure.

It's disappointing but not a failure. The eligibility news killed us. Lavin will regroup but his top priority needs to be getting the three on campus. One bad week does not dictate a change in my belief that this staff will get it done in huge ways for St Johns for years to come. 

« Reply #2169 on: September 19, 2011, 07:52:42 PM »
He seems excited about the shu in home..two exclamation marks on twitter
Somehow a tweet saying " OMG Willard is in my house !! " could be a negative also. lol

Mike

« Reply #2170 on: September 19, 2011, 07:58:46 PM »

It's disappointing but not a failure. The eligibility news killed us. Lavin will regroup but his top priority needs to be getting the three on campus. One bad week does not dictate a change in my belief that this staff will get it done in huge ways for St Johns for years to come. 

Ted, why would the eligibility news kill us? We still have solid recruiting class coming in.

« Reply #2171 on: September 19, 2011, 08:00:31 PM »
im one that hopes he picks shu, a non football school and we can show him he should of picked us

« Reply #2172 on: September 19, 2011, 08:08:45 PM »
Everyone relax, we are fine. This isn't 2008 anymore, we will continue to bring in top talent. Kyle has the right to go anywhere and if he doesn't want to be part of the St. Johns family then so be it. We will bring in some great players who want to be a part of our program and move forward

sju89tr

« Reply #2173 on: September 19, 2011, 08:12:07 PM »

Ted, why would the eligibility news kill us? We still have solid recruiting class coming in.

Mike, only with regards to Kyle Anderson, not in the long term by any means. I think other schools used this against us

« Reply #2174 on: September 19, 2011, 08:25:16 PM »

We didn't lose Anderson yet so don't lose hope.  The eligibility factors effects every school and those 3 players could still end up at St. John's by mid-November.

Also, The Big East Conference is falling apart at the seems right now, and that might hurt future recruiting if we don't get ourselves into a major conference even if it's a new-look Big East Conference.  I hope the possible lack of being in a future conference doesn't encourage Lavin to go elsewhere himself though, but I don't think it will but you never know.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 08:27:48 PM by Lapchick1 »

redslope

« Reply #2175 on: September 19, 2011, 09:21:57 PM »
I'm one that hopes he picks shu, a non football school and we can show him he should of picked us

i agree 110%--if not us I would rather see him at the hall to build the BB schools so when we form our new conference w/o FB the teams will be stronger and make more noise nationally

« Reply #2176 on: September 19, 2011, 09:52:45 PM »
UCLA per Jerry Meyer. Done.

« Reply #2177 on: September 19, 2011, 09:55:56 PM »
UCLA per Jerry Meyer. Done.

If true, probably gave Williard the news tn who proceeded to leak it.

« Reply #2178 on: September 19, 2011, 10:01:38 PM »
Yup.

http://twitter.com/#!/3starmeyer/status/115966236478803969

@3starmeyer
Jerry Meyer Kyle anderson to ucla is official
9 minutes ago via Twitter for Android

mkras99

« Reply #2179 on: September 19, 2011, 10:03:13 PM »
Would love to hear at some point from @SJU79 or someone else with inside info. what happened during the past 1-1.5 weeks that took us from a 100% done deal for Kyle to not even in the top three.  Anyway, best of luck to him and time to move on.  Have no doubt Coach Lavin and staff will bring in another stellar class.