Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - IONA

• 1080 replies
Re: Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #340 on: August 11, 2011, 05:31:39 PM »
Pelle is in the final clips of highlights....

Chosen League Mixtape presented by Dime Magazine ft. Rysheed Jordan, Amir Garrett, SICK DUNKS

That isn't Pelle!  If it was he'd be the first pick in the draft next season.  It's Jakkar....I know that for sure. 

You're right, Marillac.  That is Jakarr.  I was thinking....  Damn!  Pelle has a pretty good handle!  LOL 

Marillac

« Reply #341 on: August 11, 2011, 05:33:44 PM »

Chosen League Mixtape presented by Dime Magazine ft. Rysheed Jordan, Amir Garrett, SICK DUNKS

That isn't Pelle!  If it was he'd be the first pick in the draft next season.  It's Jakkar....I know that for sure. 

You're right, Marillac.  That is Jakarr.  I was thinking....  Damn!  Pelle has a pretty good handle!  LOL 

Good lord if that was Pelle at 6'10 210, I'd buy plane tickets to the Final Four. LOL  Regardless, that move by Sampson on four guys was NUTS.  There are SF's in the NBA that can't do that.

« Reply #342 on: August 11, 2011, 05:38:32 PM »

Good lord if that was Pelle at 6'10 210, I'd buy plane tickets to the Final Four. LOL  Regardless, that move by Sampson on four guys was NUTS.  There are SF's in the NBA that can't do that.

No doubt!  He made the move fairly smoothly, as well.  He is known, as a slasher, but I wasn't sure he could make a play like the one you initially mentioned.  Imagine us in the open court.

MCNPA

« Reply #343 on: August 11, 2011, 05:40:02 PM »

No doubt!  He made the move fairly smoothly, as well.  He is known, as a slasher, but I wasn't sure he could make a play like the one you initially mentioned.  Imagine us in the open court.

Add a 6'4 PG in Lindsey, Sir'Dom, Mo Harklless, Phil, D'Angelo etc...  nasty

MCNPA

« Reply #344 on: August 15, 2011, 08:46:57 AM »
Just realized that Norvel is a natural lefty.  Lefty shotblockers are nasty.  Difficult for players at the college level to deal with, especially with his elevation.  Swat city...   Can't wait for this season to start already.

« Reply #345 on: August 15, 2011, 11:40:15 AM »
Just realized that Norvel is a natural lefty.  Lefty shotblockers are nasty.  Difficult for players at the college level to deal with, especially with his elevation.  Swat city...   Can't wait for this season to start already.

Ive seen norvel shoot his jumpers rght handed but he definitely does block a majority of his shots with his left.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #346 on: August 15, 2011, 12:24:16 PM »
I know I'll get heat for this post, but I'm going to say it now:  Pelle will transfer at the end of this season.   Out of all the recruits he appears to be  having the hardest time adjusting to his time in the east coast.  He continuously posts about how much he misses home (did again today), and I think Polee leaving has had an affect on him.

« Reply #347 on: August 15, 2011, 12:36:51 PM »
I know I'll get heat for this post, but I'm going to say it now:  Pelle will transfer at the end of this season.   Out of all the recruits he appears to be  having the hardest time adjusting to his time in the east coast.  He continuously posts about how much he misses home (did again today), and I think Polee leaving has had an affect on him.

I can see where you get this, but I think it's way too premature for this.

I dormed at SJU and lived like 20 minutes away from the campus, and missed home. Once classes start and the basketball activities kick in for these kids, they won't even have time to miss home.

« Reply #348 on: August 15, 2011, 12:42:46 PM »

Obviously it's possible but I think that's just how he is.  He was kind of different before he even came to the east coast already.  To predict a transfer before the kid has stepped foot on campus, played a season and had the chance to make new friends is a little premature.  For all you know this kid will absolutely fall in love with the bright lights of NYC and MSG and stay here extra, rather then declare for the draft.  Let's have the kids all move in first before we anticipate their departures. 

pk

« Reply #349 on: August 15, 2011, 12:54:56 PM »
You're absolutely right. And I don't recall reading anything about Polee missing home before his first season (although if it's true I missed that post), so maybe Norvelle will eventually "fit in."  But if I were a betting man my feeling is that Norvelle does a good if not great job for us and the only place he'd be leaving to is the NBA. If he DOES wind up coming home (I'm in LA) it would be as a Clipper or Laker. God help him if it's the Clippers! Would he have to sit out a year if he chose, say UCLA? If so, he might just want to stay with the teammates and friends he'll make at SJU and give us two. Hopefully.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 12:58:13 PM by pk »

« Reply #350 on: August 15, 2011, 01:18:48 PM »
You're absolutely right. And I don't recall reading anything about Polee missing home before his first season (although if it's true I missed that post), so maybe Norvelle will eventually "fit in."  But if I were a betting man my feeling is that Norvelle does a good if not great job for us and the only place he'd be leaving to is the NBA. If he DOES wind up coming home (I'm in LA) it would be as a Clipper or Laker. God help him if it's the Clippers! Would he have to sit out a year if he chose, say UCLA? If so, he might just want to stay with the teammates and friends he'll make at SJU and give us two. Hopefully.
I have a pretty good memory, which I'll tap into now to form my opinion.  Norvel mentioned how SJ's small campus appealed to him.  Imho, that will play a part in him becoming adjusted as a frosh going away to school.  Many freshman go through it.  It's no big deal for most students, as some have said, once they begin forming new friendships, start hanging with teammates more, etc.  We should give these guys time to adjust. 

Twitter lets us peek into players' worlds a bit, but we should not read into every typed word.  It can be maddening...

« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 01:45:52 PM by bball purist »

ras

« Reply #351 on: August 15, 2011, 01:43:02 PM »
Most freshman miss home the first semester. By the time the second semester comes around you cant even get them to go home. Pelle will make plenty of freinds  at SJU

MCNPA

« Reply #352 on: August 15, 2011, 05:19:48 PM »
Pelle has been dorming in some shoddy shack in Philly, not at SJU.  To say he'll transfer is waaaay too premature.  He's not on campus and not with many friends right now, really just in limbo.  Give him time to adjust.

« Reply #353 on: September 22, 2011, 03:38:16 PM »
Pelle is enrolling at Phelps Prep in Pennsylvania.

I take that as a good sign that he is staying east.

Stay tuned.

Re: Norvel Pelle - Enrolling @ Phelps School in Philly
« Reply #354 on: September 22, 2011, 03:39:09 PM »
Tweeted by Keith Pompey (Keith Pompey is the Temple University men's basketball and football beat writer for The Philadelphia Inquirer. He also covers college recruiting):

Norvel Pelle, who was ruled academically ineligible at St. John's, will enroll at the Phelps School.

http://twitter.com/#!/pompeysgridlock/status/116926236982378496

« Reply #355 on: September 22, 2011, 03:41:20 PM »

Stay tuned.

Happy that they're getting the ball rolling with him. And it definitely seems like a good sign that he didn't go back out west.

« Reply #356 on: September 22, 2011, 03:46:20 PM »

Stay tuned.

Happy that they're getting the ball rolling with him. And it definitely seems like a good sign that he didn't go back out west.

Exactly there were a lot of rumors about him going to San Diego St and joining his buddies Skylar Spencer and Polee assuming he later qualified.  I think him staying east confirms for now that he still is committed to SJU.

We'll see.

« Reply #357 on: September 22, 2011, 03:53:12 PM »

I agree!  Hopefully, he and Garrett will join the team in December.  They could instantaneously become fan favorites, if that happens.  I'm really pulling for these two. 

It'll show both of 'em stuck it out in the face of adversity.  Strong character.   

LJSA

« Reply #358 on: September 22, 2011, 03:57:08 PM »
Exactly there were a lot of rumors about him going to San Diego St and joining his buddies Skylar Spencer and Polee assuming he later qualified.  I think him staying east confirms for now that he still is committed to SJU.

We'll see.

There comes a time where you have to split from your friends, at least for a while. Although raw, Pelle is too good for San Diego State.

« Reply #359 on: September 22, 2011, 04:08:21 PM »
The article from Pompey does say he plans on staying the full year.  We'll see:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/St-Johns-recruit-to-enroll-at-Phelps-School.html