Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - IONA

• 1080 replies

SJU79

Re: Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA
« Reply #660 on: November 16, 2011, 09:48:16 AM »
Just my opinion here is that we need to wish this kid well. People have told me hes a decent, creative kid that needs some support hes is likely not getting.

ris

« Reply #661 on: November 16, 2011, 09:50:49 AM »
It is a pity that we didn´t get Kamari Murphy.

« Reply #662 on: November 16, 2011, 10:13:42 AM »
Just my opinion here is that we need to wish this kid well. People have told me hes a decent, creative kid that needs some support hes is likely not getting.

He does come off like a pretty, decent kid.  Seems a bit peculiar, but decent, nonetheless.  I also liked how he generally conducted himself and spoke whenever he was interviewed. 

There was a website (can't recall the name of it now) that showed off some of his art work, so he's certainly creative.  He also probably feels bad that he's not with this current bunch.  I'd like for him to get things together and be a part of our 2012 class.  On the other hand, it could be time to move on.

I guess the spring period is gonna be quite interesting for us.       

« Reply #663 on: November 16, 2011, 11:48:38 AM »

Why wish him well?  There is no reason at all for him to decommtt, but he did.  The only thing I wish for him is that we face him someday and clean his clock.

« Reply #664 on: November 16, 2011, 11:58:47 AM »
why not wish him well...he's a freeken teenager.

you didn't make any misjudgements when you were a teen?

Marillac

« Reply #665 on: November 16, 2011, 12:40:00 PM »

Bingo.  Good kid...everyone needs to relax.  Hopefully he ends up here after all is said and done.  He's a great talent and fits well into our system.

« Reply #666 on: November 16, 2011, 02:11:46 PM »
why not wish him well...he's a freeken teenager.

you didn't make any misjudgements when you were a teen?

Maybe so, but my mom always taught me the lesson of consequences for my actions.  But in todays world, no one seems to be accountable for anything which is why our eductional and legal systems are a farce.

pmg911

« Reply #667 on: November 16, 2011, 02:50:49 PM »
Once again, when I said this kid would not be here this Decemeber, I was villified...

« Reply #668 on: November 16, 2011, 02:55:29 PM »
SDSU Rivals.com is basically crowing over the decommitment claiming it confirms their report from September.  Despite that both Norvel and his sister claimed that he did not decommit then and his sister said the conversation with the guy from Rivals never happened.  Strange to say the least.  More important why does he not simply make a public statement on this, just odd to begin with:

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1294664

Norvel Pelle told AztecSportsReport.com back in September that he was going to decommit from St. John's and pursue other schools for 2012 when he becomes academically eligible again.

While it took almost two months, he finally officially decommitted, a source close to the situation confirmed to ASR on Tuesday night. The news was first reported by JohnnyJungle.com.

Pelle decommitted "a while back," the source told ASR, but Pelle kept the news under wraps this time. St. John's is still an option for the 6-foot-10, 210-pound five-star center, and according to the source, is his family's preferred option.

« Reply #669 on: November 16, 2011, 02:59:17 PM »
He actually just tweeted it:

Pelle made the news official on his Twitter page Wednesday morning: "Word is out I decommitted which is true I jus want to thnk all the st johns fan for there support and luv yall showed me."

« Reply #670 on: November 16, 2011, 03:04:51 PM »
He actually just tweeted it:

Pelle made the news official on his Twitter page Wednesday morning: "Word is out I decommitted which is true I jus want to thnk all the st johns fan for there support and luv yall showed me."

It almost sounds like he's moving on from St. John's, altogether.  I could be reading too much into it, but it sounds that way.  Maybe, his family can attempt to steer him back towards St. John's.

Poison

« Reply #671 on: November 16, 2011, 03:09:57 PM »
Once again, when I said this kid would not be here this Decemeber, I was villified...

Brilliant prediction.

« Reply #672 on: November 16, 2011, 04:00:19 PM »
SDSU Rivals.com is basically crowing over the decommitment claiming it confirms their report from September.  Despite that both Norvel and his sister claimed that he did not decommit then and his sister said the conversation with the guy from Rivals never happened.  Strange to say the least.  More important why does he not simply make a public statement on this, just odd to begin with:

Norvel Pelle told AztecSportsReport.com back in September that he was going to decommit from St. John's and pursue other schools for 2012 when he becomes academically eligible again.

While it took almost two months, he finally officially decommitted, a source close to the situation confirmed to ASR on Tuesday night. The news was first reported by JohnnyJungle.com.

Pelle decommitted "a while back," the source told ASR, but Pelle kept the news under wraps this time. St. John's is still an option for the 6-foot-10, 210-pound five-star center, and according to the source, is his family's preferred option.

That is certainly not false. I sat on it for a bit because I feared he would change his mind again so I didn't want to prematurely report. However once I confirmed he was going to make it public I knew it wassafe to report. I can't say for certain it was in September but it's been for a few weeks now.

I hinted at it back around signing day and not sure where Lenn or Zags got their information from that he was going to sign because that was 100% false.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #673 on: November 16, 2011, 04:12:11 PM »
Dave,

Much credit to you with the story. Last Wednesday you hinted at it on here, and turned out to be correct going against pretty much what everyone else was reporting (as he would be signing the LOI).

Any news on where they are looking next besides the usual names of the decommits where we still have a chance and Christopher Obekpa?

Thanks!

jayro

« Reply #674 on: November 16, 2011, 04:23:35 PM »
Sounds to me like he's kissing SJU goodbye by thanking us for all the love we showed him.  I guess it wasn't enough love.
I don't wish him ill- I hope he gets himself together -wherever he plays. I do have different feelings about the Aztecs-not a big fan of theirs right now-not that they give a bleep.  Don't care if that's what teams do when they smell blood-in this case they smelled ours and are quite happy to try and lick it up.  From what I've read on the board, (may not be true) they have been at the forefront of encouraging Pelle to let us go and join them.  Oh well, we would probably jump on a recruit we liked if we thought we could get him if the situation was reversed.
I do think he has some issues (many do) he needs to get cleared up within his own head before he signs with anyone.  He has gone through some very heavy shots with school and qualifying, etc.  Not always easy to come to grips with that situation.  Here's hoping he does soon, for his sake. 
Good call on things Dave.

« Reply #675 on: November 16, 2011, 04:37:03 PM »

That is certainly not false. I sat on it for a bit because I feared he would change his mind again so I didn't want to prematurely report. However once I confirmed he was going to make it public I knew it wassafe to report. I can't say for certain it was in September but it's been for a few weeks now.

I hinted at it back around signing day and not sure where Lenn or Zags got their information from that he was going to sign because that was 100% false.

Dave-Zags talked to the coach at Phelps who confirmed last week that Pelle was going to sign.  Lenn quoted a source.  So we do know the source for Zags.  And Zags talked to Pelle's sister who told him that the story by Rivals was false and that Norvel never even talked to the guy.  I am not suggesting that the reporter was wrong, in fact I am inclined to believe that he probably did talk to Norvel.  But if you remember Norvel tweeted RIGHT after the Rivals story that he did NOT decommit. 

And I know Lenn talks directly with the staff, so I assume someone at SJU told him that Norvel was set to sign. 

My point is it is not fair to go after either man after the fact since it is clear there was false information being put out by people close to Norvel and others for awhile. 

And even you last week wrote this under the NY Post article thread I started:

Re: NY Post preview-interesting tidbit
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 09:16:59 AM »QuoteLast I heard was that Pelle was signing his LOI and would enroll in the summer. Garrett will be at St. John's come December

« Reply #676 on: November 16, 2011, 05:18:50 PM »

Dave-Zags talked to the coach at Phelps who confirmed last week that Pelle was going to sign.  Lenn quoted a source.  So we do know the source for Zags.  And Zags talked to Pelle's sister who told him that the story by Rivals was false and that Norvel never even talked to the guy.  I am not suggesting that the reporter was wrong, in fact I am inclined to believe that he probably did talk to Norvel.  But if you remember Norvel tweeted RIGHT after the Rivals story that he did NOT decommit. 

And I know Lenn talks directly with the staff, so I assume someone at SJU told him that Norvel was set to sign. 

My point is it is not fair to go after either man after the fact since it is clear there was false information being put out by people close to Norvel and others for awhile. 

And even you last week wrote this under the NY Post article thread I started:

Re: NY Post preview-interesting tidbit
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 09:16:59 AM »QuoteLast I heard was that Pelle was signing his LOI and would enroll in the summer. Garrett will be at St. John's come December

All I'm saying at the time when they reported that is the same time I found out it wasn't happening. Things change constantly in the recruiting scene
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kob24

« Reply #677 on: November 16, 2011, 05:56:12 PM »
this kid has some for real issues. im kinda upset at this. he was playing games. im not gonna tell al his buisness but pelle i know u read this u are acting real soft. gathers i still mess with on the simple fact that he wants to be here but other people are forcing him else where. but pelle.........i doubt he ever plays ball

Poison

« Reply #678 on: November 16, 2011, 06:42:33 PM »
NY isn't for everyone. A lot of people are afraid of it.

« Reply #679 on: November 16, 2011, 06:57:24 PM »
this kid has some for real issues. im kinda upset at this. he was playing games. im not gonna tell al his buisness but pelle i know u read this u are acting real soft. gathers i still mess with on the simple fact that he wants to be here but other people are forcing him else where. but pelle.........i doubt he ever plays ball

kob- u doubt he ever plays here or college ball period?