Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - IONA

• 1080 replies

MCNPA

Re: Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #320 on: July 17, 2011, 11:39:55 AM »
BTW-Apparently according to his twitter Norvel, JaKarr and Amir went to see Harry Potter on Friday.

Maybe they have to write a paper on it at Rise?? ::) :2funny: I think it is good they're all together though.  Hopefully, they'll be at SJU soon enough.

gman

« Reply #321 on: July 17, 2011, 01:37:42 PM »
BTW-Apparently according to his twitter Norvel, JaKarr and Amir went to see Harry Potter on Friday.

Was it Imax?  3D?  Inquiring minds want to know.

ras

« Reply #322 on: July 17, 2011, 01:45:55 PM »
I thaught I would get an update an Pelle by checking the forum. I guess I did, he saw a Harry Potter movie.

Moose

« Reply #323 on: July 17, 2011, 03:09:49 PM »
I thaught I would get an update an Pelle by checking the forum. I guess I did, he saw a Harry Potter movie.

He misses home too.
Remember who broke the Slice news

pk

« Reply #324 on: July 17, 2011, 08:07:01 PM »
Moose, is that an Uh Oh!? ???
Hopefully it's just normal and not to make too much of it. BTW...How do you know he "misses home, too"?

Moose

« Reply #325 on: July 17, 2011, 08:09:31 PM »
Moose, is that an Uh Oh!? ???
Hopefully it's just normal and not to make too much of it. BTW...How do you know he "misses home, too"?

In addition to his Harry Potter tweets he has also tweeted that he missed home a number of times.

gonzalo

« Reply #326 on: July 18, 2011, 09:36:58 AM »

In addition to his Harry Potter tweets he has also tweeted that he missed home a number of times.

That is a possibility (and a risk) with West Coast players.

MCNPA

« Reply #327 on: July 18, 2011, 09:58:59 AM »

That is a possibility (and a risk) with West Coast players.

Certainly...  I think it will change a bit when we get him on campus with the rest of the team, and the school year kicks in.

« Reply #328 on: July 18, 2011, 10:48:23 AM »
I always get homesick whenever Im in Philly.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

ras

« Reply #329 on: July 18, 2011, 10:52:16 AM »
A lot of college freshman miss home initially.

Moose

« Reply #330 on: July 18, 2011, 10:53:34 AM »
I always get homesick whenever Im in Philly.

I just get sick when I'm in Philly :)

Gumby

« Reply #331 on: July 18, 2011, 11:18:04 AM »
You know when I was given a tour of the Jamaica campus last year I was totally impressed with the changes, particularly as they related to student residences.  I thought of a small town campus.  My own experience with colleges campuses is rather limited- ASU (looks like a city), UA (nice!), and when I went to the SMC game last year (great campus!).  I had a warm feeling about our campus.

Interestingly enough, a number of our recruits have expressed the same feelings about our campus.  Once Norvel leaves the city of "Brotherly Love",  I have no doubts that he will warm up to our campus life.

Poison

« Reply #332 on: July 18, 2011, 11:25:41 AM »
Jeez, maybe once you make some new friends everything will be okay?

« Reply #333 on: July 18, 2011, 11:34:24 PM »
I moved to Philly a year and a half ago for work from Hoboken/NY and the only time i've enjoyed being here is when we beat Nova last year

« Reply #335 on: August 11, 2011, 11:31:20 AM »
Pelle's going to have so many huge dunks during his time at St. John's. All of the recruits are so athletic, it's going to be a blast to watch them.

Marillac

« Reply #336 on: August 11, 2011, 12:51:16 PM »
Pelle is in the final clips of highlights....

Chosen League Mixtape presented by Dime Magazine ft. Rysheed Jordan, Amir Garrett, SICK DUNKS

That isn't Pelle!  If it was he'd be the first pick in the draft next season.  It's Jakkar....I know that for sure. 

MCNPA

« Reply #337 on: August 11, 2011, 05:10:23 PM »
It certainly is Jakarr.  BTW both Amir and Jakarr look great.  Jakarr's first step for a 6'8 forward is unbelievably fast.  Kid will be an NBA'er.  He's fantastic in the open court.  Ceiling is unbelievable.

Marillac

« Reply #338 on: August 11, 2011, 05:16:19 PM »
It certainly is Jakarr.  BTW both Amir and Jakarr look great.  Jakarr's first step for a 6'8 forward is unbelievably fast.  Kid will be an NBA'er.  He's fantastic in the open court.  Ceiling is unbelievable.

TH

The defense is beyond awful, but that move he makes at 6:47 to beat four guys in the open floor and flush it is just insane. 

Moose

« Reply #339 on: August 11, 2011, 05:19:00 PM »

TH

The defense is beyond awful, but that move he makes at 6:47 to beat four guys in the open floor and flush it is just insane. 

I wasn't there obviously, but the comment of the defense being awful.  Are you saying that they aren't trying?  I mean people don't want to get scored on and/or embarassed.  So I don't think people loaf.  Its a pride thing, no?