Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - IONA

• 1080 replies
Re: Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #360 on: September 22, 2011, 04:16:18 PM »
The article from Pompey does say he plans on staying the full year.

Ugggh!  I'm hoping that isn't true.  I'm sure we'll hear an official report soon.

LJSA

« Reply #361 on: September 22, 2011, 04:19:52 PM »
Or even worse, enroll at Temple in the spring.

« Reply #362 on: September 22, 2011, 04:23:45 PM »
He's not going to Temple.

The only concern is does he try to enroll by December. 

DFF6

« Reply #363 on: September 22, 2011, 04:46:33 PM »
Forgive my ignorance, but does the Phelps bball team play in a high competition level league, or will Pelle play against 6'3 centers and 5'8 guards?  Obviously, I hope Pelle focuses on his studies first and foremost, but if he's going to play bball, it would be good to know that he's keeping his skills sharp for a possible December comeback.

« Reply #364 on: September 22, 2011, 04:52:50 PM »
Guys like I posted before, they won't be eligible til next season should they even want to stay at SJU.  NCAA rules wont allow them to play after receiving a scholarship for prep. The only exception is if they pay for the prep school themselves in which Amir would be the only candidate, due to his MLB money.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:57:55 PM by SuperStarOneO5 »

Poison

« Reply #365 on: September 22, 2011, 05:00:56 PM »
Perhaps would like to pay Pelle's tuition for him?

« Reply #366 on: September 22, 2011, 05:58:48 PM »
As the other posters have said, him deciding to stay east is huge and makes you believe that he is still interested in playing for St. Johns. It would be great if we could have him come in December but i'll be happy as long he gets his school work done and remains committed to St. Johns. I think he their are advantages for him enrolling in for 2012 rather this year. From a basketball stand point, this can allow Pelle to get stronger and work on a few go to moves which will only make him that more dangerous

LJSA

« Reply #368 on: September 22, 2011, 06:12:17 PM »
Ugh.

And without having a subscription, I predict he said something like, "I'm still committed to St. John's, but I want to explore all my options."

And then he'll de-commit in the next two weeks.

mkras99

« Reply #369 on: September 22, 2011, 06:18:20 PM »
@LJSA - he decommitted.  Cest la vie.

« Reply #370 on: September 22, 2011, 06:21:56 PM »
@LJSA - he decommitted.  Cest la vie.

Is that true that he decommitted? Haven't heard that anywhere else.

« Reply #371 on: September 22, 2011, 06:47:06 PM »
He's not going to Temple.

The only concern is does he try to enroll by December.
What if Temple joins the Beast?  :2funny:

jr49

« Reply #372 on: September 22, 2011, 07:21:49 PM »
Three members of the class coach Steve recruited for 2011-12 did not qualify. I'm glad 6 did. Lets hope the 2 we have coming for next year make it. Steve can't wait on a maybe. He's going to keep recruiting. Lets hope he gets us another class of 6 as good as this years. If any of the three make it here, it's a gimme. This been a bad week. When does the grieving stop? 

ras

« Reply #373 on: September 22, 2011, 07:28:30 PM »
As much as I would love seing him here next year it seems unlikely. Rivals says there is a strong possibility of SDSU.

« Reply #374 on: September 22, 2011, 07:48:44 PM »
It's obvious he's being tugged by people he's close with to head back out west.  Hopefully, he sticks with the Johnnies, but I'm not banking on it.  I'm starting to get the feeling he won't ever step foot on the court for the Johnnies.

« Reply #375 on: September 22, 2011, 07:52:49 PM »
It's obvious he's being tugged by people he's close with to head back out west.  Hopefully, he sticks with the Johnnies, but I'm not banking on it.  I'm starting to get the feeling he won't ever step foot on the court for the Johnnies.
This is West Side Story MJ. The Sharks have entered the neighborhood, doing their thing...

lihoop

« Reply #376 on: September 22, 2011, 08:01:57 PM »
Damn Norvel

« Reply #377 on: September 22, 2011, 08:03:36 PM »
Damn Norvel
blowin' off all tweets except friends...he's closed up on twitter for now.

« Reply #378 on: September 22, 2011, 08:10:10 PM »
Pelle Decommits from St. John’s, Enrolls in Prep School

By Adam Zagoria on September 22, 2011, 5:18PM

Norvel Pelle says he has decommitted from St. John’s and is now considering San Diego State​.

He has also enrolled at The Phelps School in Malvern, Pa.

“I’m back on the market, which I just found out,” Pelle told AztecSportsReport.com on Thursday afternoon. “So it’s my opportunity to go to different schools.”

The 6-foot-10 Pelle told the Website he may join former Price (Calif.) High School teammate Skylar Spencer at San Diego State.

“We could turn the program,” Pelle said. “Possibly go to the NCAA Tournament and win it. That would be our main goal next year if everything works out and I decide to go there and what not.”

St. John’s spokesman Mark Fratto said the  school could not comment because Pelle is now considered a prospective student-athlete who has not signed a Letter of Intent.

Pelle was one of three St. John’s commits ruled academically ineligible by the NCAA, and he now becomes the second to decommit.

JaKarr Sampson, a 6-8 forward, previously decommitted and is back at Brewster (N.H.) Academy for a postgraduate year.

Amir Garrett, a 6-7 wing, is at Bridgton (Maine) Academy.

A source close to the Phelps School admission process confirmed that Pelle was on campus there Thursday.

“He’s as good as enrolled,” the source told SNY.tv, confirming news first reported by Keith Pompey of Philly.com.

The source said he was still under the impression that Pelle wanted to attend St. John’s, but it was unclear when he might become eligible.

“If something happens between now and January and he can be in college for the second semester we’ll certainly help him get there.”

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/09/22/report-st-johns-pelle-to-prep-school/

I really have zero respect for Norvel and Jakarr for up and leaving us when they were the ones that didn't do what they had to do to be eligible to play in College. It's pathetic.

« Reply #379 on: September 22, 2011, 08:16:59 PM »
How long after the NCAA decision on his eligibility came down do you think it took for Steve Fisher and SDSU to get on the phone and talk to Norvel or his parents.

Unbelievable!!!