Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - IONA

• 1080 replies
Re: Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #480 on: October 03, 2011, 12:43:36 AM »
At this point I could care less what these guys do on the court. Get it done in the classroom

Baldi, if you were a real fan, you'd be showing support for his recreational activity.
At the very least, you'd be following him around with flash cards.

You better be smart if you want to play for Nick Saban. Runs the most sophisticated defenses in college football.

I wonder how many of his "smart" players can point out Canada on a map. ... Or even Alabama.
This from  a fan of a team with 3 of 10 players academic casualties while Bama has no academically ineligible players on a roster of 85. ??? ::)

MCNPA

« Reply #481 on: October 03, 2011, 10:33:36 AM »
Well Norvel tweets that he's getting A's in his classes.   Let's hope that all is on the straight and narrow entering second semester for Pelle to get cleared.  I don't believe he needs the entire year, but haven't read any confirmation on that from anybody.  We know Jakarr needs the whole year.

« Reply #482 on: October 03, 2011, 11:58:53 AM »
Well Norvel tweets that he's getting A's in his classes.   Let's hope that all is on the straight and narrow entering second semester for Pelle to get cleared.  I don't believe he needs the entire year, but haven't read any confirmation on that from anybody.  We know Jakarr needs the whole year.
JaKarr may just get by even with this year due to all the traveling his squad will be doing.

« Reply #483 on: October 03, 2011, 12:15:51 PM »
Let's hope that all is on the straight and narrow entering second semester for Pelle to get cleared.  I don't believe he needs the entire year, but haven't read any confirmation on that from anybody.  We know Jakarr needs the whole year.

I don't any of the 3 of them NEED a whole year.
If the 3 (uncredited) classes were done in 6-8 weeks over the summer,
why cant they be completed in a 3 month semester ?

Even Sampson with a trimester (a little harder)  @ prep should complete 3 classes ?
Lets not read too much into a blurb on philly.com or a comment from a coach.

I'm an optimist !   I still hope/expect  that at least 2 make it here in December.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 12:28:46 PM by stevep502 »
Molloy '71

MCNPA

« Reply #484 on: October 03, 2011, 12:40:06 PM »
Let's hope that all is on the straight and narrow entering second semester for Pelle to get cleared.  I don't believe he needs the entire year, but haven't read any confirmation on that from anybody.  We know Jakarr needs the whole year.

I don't any of the 3 of them NEED a whole year.
If the 3 (uncredited) classes were done in 6-8 weeks over the summer,
why cant they be completed in a 3 month semester ?

Even Sampson with a trimester (a little harder)  @ prep should complete 3 classes ?
Lets not read too much into a blurb on philly.com or a comment from a coach.

I'm an optimist !   I still hope/expect  that at least 2 make it here in December.

I'm hoping for the same.  I just don't know the specifics about what they need.  Amir swears he'll be here in December, so I guess that's not out of the question.  Pelle says he's getting A's in his classes at Phelps, so I guess it's another good sign.  Keep our fingers crossed and hope to add these two in December.

« Reply #485 on: October 06, 2011, 12:18:12 PM »
the way i read this tweet, it seems like pelle is not planning on playing this season

@damn_Norvel: prayers go out to Coach Lav and his family.. much luv coach good lucc to St. Johns bball this yr.

« Reply #486 on: October 06, 2011, 01:49:47 PM »
I think its a great sign he said much luv coach. Seems to be referring to him as his coach
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Moose

« Reply #487 on: October 06, 2011, 02:02:24 PM »
I think its a great sign he said much luv coach. Seems to be referring to him as his coach

Yeah but the 2nd line about 'this year' I'm not enamored with.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #488 on: October 06, 2011, 03:00:39 PM »

He very well may need the full year but I don't think he was trying to indicate that one way or the other with that quote. 

jmac

« Reply #489 on: October 06, 2011, 03:48:22 PM »
The year ends in December.  Just saying.

sju89tr

« Reply #490 on: October 06, 2011, 05:35:28 PM »
Would not read too much into the tweet, I think Norvel on board and we could have him back in December. He will be in NY next weekend to play IS8 

SJUFAN

« Reply #491 on: October 06, 2011, 10:44:16 PM »

I guess it depends on how you look at it. He just very well may be wishing his team good luck this year while he is away.

« Reply #492 on: October 07, 2011, 08:05:53 AM »
We really need this kid. Unless he can not get qualified. I see no reason why he would not come in December. Playing time is waiting.

MCNPA

« Reply #493 on: October 07, 2011, 08:19:34 AM »
We really need this kid. Unless he can not get qualified. I see no reason why he would not come in December. Playing time is waiting.

PT will be waiting even if it is next season.  The kid has a world of talent and seems like a good kid.  We should all be encouraging him to be at SJU regardless of whether it is in December or next fall.  He's not out taking visits like Jakarr is, so at this point I assume he's on board for SJU until proven otherwise.

crgreen

« Reply #494 on: October 07, 2011, 08:56:48 AM »

PT will be waiting even if it is next season.  The kid has a world of talent and seems like a good kid.  We should all be encouraging him to be at SJU regardless of whether it is in December or next fall.  He's not out taking visits like Jakarr is, so at this point I assume he's on board for SJU until proven otherwise.

Worst case scenario.  One year older/more developed and mature.   I wonder where Rivals #1 ranked 2011 center would rank in the class of 2012?

MCNPA

« Reply #495 on: October 07, 2011, 09:19:50 AM »

Worst case scenario.  One year older/more developed and mature.   I wonder where Rivals #1 ranked 2011 center would rank in the class of 2012?

Pelle is top 3 center in that class IMP.  Steve Adams might be tops, with Tarcewski up there, but Pelle is a world more athletic than Tarczewski and a better shotblocker.  Tarczewski is a Pryzbilla-like player.  Adams headed to Pitt is a beast.  Some others are listed at center but are really more PF types, like DeJuan Coleman etc.  He's big but undersized.  I like Pelle better.  No center in that class is as good of a shotblocker nor athlete as Pelle.  The guy most similar is in 2013 class and his name is Nerlens Noel.  He's a defensive animal.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 09:20:33 AM by MCNPA »

sju89tr

« Reply #496 on: October 07, 2011, 11:38:20 AM »
There isn't a center as athletic as Pelle that I have seen in a long time. He is a must for St Johns when he is eligible.

« Reply #497 on: October 07, 2011, 12:10:41 PM »
There isn't a center as athletic as Pelle that I have seen in a long time. He is a must for St Johns when he is eligible.

It's been mentioned before on here....  Longtime recruiting analyst, Brick Oettinger stated (paraphrased), "Pelle has the quickest first and second leaps that he has seen in many years."

sju89tr

« Reply #498 on: October 07, 2011, 12:18:57 PM »

It's been mentioned before on here....  Longtime recruiting analyst, Brick Oettinger stated (paraphrased), "Pelle has the quickest first and second leaps that he has seen in many years."

When I saw him play twice last year, I simply could not believe how quick he was getting out on the break despite being the rebounder on the defensive end. He is a 5 who plays like a 3 when not in a half court offense.

RedVet

« Reply #499 on: October 08, 2011, 12:10:46 AM »

I guess it depends on how you look at it. He just very well may be wishing his team good luck this year while he is away.

Instead of wishing the team good luck this year or this semester or whatever, I would have felt a whole lot better if he had written something like "till I join you" or "till I get there" (or, given his tweets, grammatical variations thereof). From what I'm seeing, I'm not overly optimistic about Pelle ever coming here, but next to Harkless and maybe Harrison, but he's the guy I wanted the most -- his size, quickness, and presence in the middle would make a major difference. Just wish he'd sound more like Amir in his commitment to this team.