Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - IONA

• 1080 replies

MCNPA

Re: Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #520 on: October 12, 2011, 03:58:51 PM »
Fordham - I am not sure how you are understanding the rules but they were explained to me by local Div I head coach. He told me they are very clear cut regarding how players can go about replacing classes that apply to their core GPA.

I don't understand your point.  First off you don't know exactly why they were not cleared and secondly you do not understand what classes they need to finish.

More importantly how do you explain how Shaq Thomas had to leave Cincy to go back and complete classes online during the summer to qualify at Cincy?  He literally did that in a few weeks.

LaQuinton Ross is going to try to do that in a couple of months.

I don't care who you talked to.

He's talking to too many seton hall insiders... ;D. Fwiw, I think he's assuming that all these kids are trying to replace 3 core classes which is likely not the case.

pmg911

« Reply #521 on: October 12, 2011, 04:22:30 PM »
MCNPA - since I do not know Kevin Willard, that would not be the guy that explained the rules to me, but you your comment was funny. I am friends with four other local head coaches though and yes, it was one of them who explained how it works. Is there a chance they are wrong about the rules, yes. Do I think they understand how the rules apply to high school players, yes. I hope the coach is misunderstanding the rules but somehow I doubt it.

Also - these kids were all trying to replace 3 core classes, why would they have been taking three classes each in RISE if they were not needed.

Someone made a comment that Fordham didn't like and he goes on the attack (shocking).

Also Fordham.. I do know why they were not cleared, do you..?

« Reply #522 on: October 12, 2011, 06:13:44 PM »
Also - these kids were all trying to replace 3 core classes, why would they have been taking three classes each in RISE if they were not needed.

Because they was tryin to move it ahead where the core use to be graded.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #523 on: October 12, 2011, 07:33:05 PM »
Has an incoming freshman that was not qualified in the fall ever been able to get qualified by December?  I guess it has happened but I can't think of any.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Moose

« Reply #524 on: October 12, 2011, 07:42:23 PM »
Has an incoming freshman that was not qualified in the fall ever been able to get qualified by December?  I guess it has happened but I can't think of any.

Not for us off the top of my head but I'm sure there has.  Seems like a lot of possible guys this year for other schools as well.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #525 on: October 12, 2011, 08:27:30 PM »
PMG...I did some research....I think the 3 month time limit is an old rule.  According to NCAA you now have a year to complete one extra course (or 3 extra courses if learning disabled).  I was not optimistic but maybe there is a chance they can be ready in December (assuming they meet all the requirements). 

Will courses taken after my senior year meet core-course requirements?
For Division I, maybe.  Only courses completed in grades nine through 12 will qualify as core
courses for Division I.  If you graduate from high school on time (in eight semesters) with your
incoming ninth grade class, you may use  one  core course completed in the year after
graduation (summer or academic year) prior to  full-time collegiate enrollment.
You may
complete the core course at a location other than the high school from which you graduated
and may initially enroll full time at a collegiate institution at any time after completion of the
core course. 

For students with diagnosed disabilities. 
• For Division I only, beginning August 1, 2010, a student must graduate "on time" in order to use
up to three (3) additional approved core courses taken before full-time enrollment in college.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/037d9e804e0b8ac79cf0fc1ad6fc8b25/Initial_Eligibility_FAQ.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=037d9e804e0b8ac79cf0fc1ad6fc8b25

« Reply #526 on: October 12, 2011, 08:39:28 PM »

Because they was tryin to move it ahead where the core use to be graded.

Bingo.

« Reply #527 on: October 14, 2011, 03:20:28 PM »
BTW-To further the story about possibly getting eligible by December, Kevin Ware of Louisville is in the same boat.  Also declared a non-qualifier in September he is trying to get to Louisville to enroll by December:

Since being denied admission at UofL for the fall semester, Ware has been working to improve his academic standing in hopes of enrolling at Louisville in December.

“I speak with Kevin just about daily,” said Emory Walton, an AAU coach for the Atlanta Celtics. “He’s doing the things he needs to do to be at Louisville December 14 or 15. It was a last minute thing and he’ll get it done this time around. It’s killing him sitting at home.”

Walton didn’t want to talk specifically about Ware’s academic status, but it sounds like he’s trying to boost his core grade point average.

http://louisville.scout.com/2/1113792.html

« Reply #528 on: October 20, 2011, 12:38:34 PM »
according to below, Pelle doesn't appear to be in school anymore... certainly not a good sign.

damn_Norvel norvel STiX pelle
San Diego trip wit my main bros @btantTheShooter and @FlightTimeCelly and @bucketsacademy. Let's goo
11 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

@theycallmeMG
myron green
@damn_Norvel why u not at skoo?
11 hours ago
in reply to ↑

@damn_Norvel
norvel STiX pelle
@theycallmeMG things happened

« Reply #529 on: October 20, 2011, 01:18:50 PM »
according to below, Pelle doesn't appear to be in school anymore... certainly not a good sign.

damn_Norvel norvel STiX pelle
San Diego trip wit my main bros @btantTheShooter and @FlightTimeCelly and @bucketsacademy. Let's goo
11 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

@theycallmeMG
myron green
@damn_Norvel why u not at skoo?
11 hours ago
in reply to ª

@damn_Norvel
norvel STiX pelle
@theycallmeMG things happened

Not a good sign at all from the looks of it. 

« Reply #530 on: October 20, 2011, 01:25:44 PM »
this kid is going to be flipping burgers at in and out for the rest of this life if he doesnt get his head on straight

mkras99

« Reply #531 on: October 20, 2011, 01:36:12 PM »
Looks like he deleted his twitter account.

Moose

« Reply #532 on: October 20, 2011, 01:39:38 PM »

No he didnt.

« Reply #533 on: October 20, 2011, 01:39:51 PM »

He still has a Twitter account, mkras.

http://twitter.com/#!/damn_Norvel

Moose

« Reply #534 on: October 20, 2011, 01:49:09 PM »
What if Norvel thought the person was asking why he wasn't at STJ?  Something 'did' happen there.  Lets not start coming up with negative theories please.

It was clear he was going to Cali after MM from last week and why would he being going to MM if something 'happened'?

mkras99

« Reply #535 on: October 20, 2011, 02:11:25 PM »

No he didnt.

My bad - when I clicked on his name in some of those threads, said user didn't exist.

Moose

« Reply #536 on: October 20, 2011, 02:30:13 PM »

No he didnt.

My bad - when I clicked on his name in some of those threads, said user didn't exist.

Yeah I know what you mean.  If these kids change their name and you google their name and Twitter the old results still show and click to page not found.

« Reply #537 on: October 20, 2011, 03:07:45 PM »
What if Norvel thought the person was asking why he wasn't at STJ?  Something 'did' happen there.  Lets not start coming up with negative theories please.

It was clear he was going to Cali after MM from last week and why would he being going to MM if something 'happened'?

That is exactly what I think he means.

LJSA

« Reply #538 on: October 20, 2011, 03:56:07 PM »
I think Pelle is still committed to us, but I also think Polee and Spencer are doing everything in their power to make him attend SDSU.

« Reply #539 on: October 20, 2011, 04:28:44 PM »
Could be fall break for the prep school.