Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - IONA

• 1080 replies

Moose

Re: Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #540 on: October 20, 2011, 04:35:16 PM »
I think Pelle is still committed to us, but I also think Polee and Spencer are doing everything in their power to make him attend SDSU.

Pelle didn't even know where Spencer committed a few weeks ago.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Moose

« Reply #541 on: October 20, 2011, 04:36:27 PM »
Could be fall break for the prep school.

Looked at Phelps School site.  They actually had no classes on Monday this week.  Also saw that they are on trimesters.  I'm guessing that means by Thanksgiving we will know where Pelle stands?

LJSA

« Reply #542 on: October 20, 2011, 05:38:13 PM »
I think Pelle is still committed to us, but I also think Polee and Spencer are doing everything in their power to make him attend SDSU.

OK, scratch that. But that rat bastard Polee is up to no good.  ;D

sju89tr

« Reply #543 on: October 20, 2011, 05:59:08 PM »

OK, scratch that. But that rat bastard Polee is up to no good.  ;D

It is really overrated to see how "tight" these guys are with each other.

LJSA

« Reply #544 on: October 20, 2011, 07:31:00 PM »
Good piece of info to know. Thanks.

NYCoffey

« Reply #545 on: October 20, 2011, 09:37:13 PM »
If they are on trimesters he is on a real short leash. I know that was the reason that Jakarr was a no go for December before he decomitted. Is it possible for him to be eligible in December if they are on trimesters?

« Reply #546 on: October 20, 2011, 09:46:07 PM »
the trimester schedule is weird.  exams for 1st semester are november 17th.  campus then closes on the 18th. 2nd semester classes begin november 29.  the 2nd semester ends january 23rd.

does this mean we can know about his eligibility as soon as november 18th?!

NYCoffey

« Reply #547 on: October 20, 2011, 09:55:07 PM »
I would guess the only shot of him coming here this year is if he finished his classes in the first trimester. I am really hoping that this is possible. Any one have any idea if this can be done?

« Reply #548 on: October 20, 2011, 10:47:55 PM »
I would hazard a guess they he can be eligible after one trimester otherwise we were sold a bill of goods that he could be eligible to play in Dec 21 game.

MCNPA

« Reply #549 on: October 21, 2011, 01:35:11 AM »
I would hazard a guess they he can be eligible after one trimester otherwise we were sold a bill of goods that he could be eligible to play in Dec 21 game.

I guess we'll really just be waiting for his exams in mid November and if he gets his stuff done, NCAA clearance.  He certainly must have been able to complete it in one trimester if the guy quoted at Phelps said he could and that it was up to him.

« Reply #550 on: October 21, 2011, 09:59:08 AM »

I guess we'll really just be waiting for his exams in mid November and if he gets his stuff done, NCAA clearance.  He certainly must have been able to complete it in one trimester if the guy quoted at Phelps said he could and that it was up to him.

If there's a lesson to be learned for all of us here, it's that we shouldn't be either optimistic or pessimistic about any recruit who INITIALLY fails to qualify.  I wouldn't bank on any of the (3) players who didn't qualify from this point forward and I would DEFINITELY exhaust all other options in the meantime of trying to fill those 3 ships in next years St. John's recruiting class/2012.

What amazes me though about this is here we have this super-staff with a Special Adviser etc. hired by St. John's and none of them made sure that these 3 players took the necessary courses to qualify and had no recourse/back-up plan just in case they didn't that was almost as suitable.  Now before you get angry that I said that please ask yourselves this question;  am I right or wrong or is that true or not true or is that not a current fact?  We're going into this upcoming season 3 scholarship players short, that's 25% of our roster short (NOT GOOD) plus no true-Center.  It's going to potentially be a long and brutal season my fellow Redmen I'm sorry to have to say.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 10:08:17 AM by Lapchick1 »

LJSA

« Reply #551 on: October 21, 2011, 10:26:22 AM »
If there's a lesson to be learned for all of us here, it's that we shouldn't be either optimistic or pessimistic about any recruit who INITIALLY fails to qualify.  I wouldn't bank on any of the (3) players who didn't qualify from this point forward and I would DEFINITELY exhaust all other options in the meantime of trying to fill those 3 ships in next years St. John's recruiting class/2012.

What amazes me though about this is here we have this super-staff with a Special Adviser etc. hired by St. John's and none of them made sure that these 3 players took the necessary courses to qualify and had no recourse/back-up plan just in case they didn't that was almost as suitable.  Now before you get angry that I said that please ask yourselves this question;  am I right or wrong or is that true or not true or is that not a current fact?  We're going into this upcoming season 3 scholarship players short, that's 25% of our roster short (NOT GOOD) plus no true-Center.  It's going to potentially be a long and brutal season my fellow Redmen I'm sorry to have to say.

Or we can just wait until December when all the picture is less hazy regarding Garrett and Pelle.

crgreen

« Reply #552 on: October 21, 2011, 10:38:00 AM »

Actually, the staff did monitor the kids, made sure they took and passed the classes needed to qualify.   Havn't you been following the boards?   All three completed all of their classes with passing grades from an NCAA certified school.  Short of holding a gun to the heads of the Clearinghouse review board, there's not much else that COULD have been done by the staff....

jr49

« Reply #553 on: October 21, 2011, 12:11:56 PM »

Hey Lap, did Steve tell you at any time he was done recruiting players for the 2011 class? I'm glad he got 6 who made it.

ras

« Reply #554 on: October 21, 2011, 01:29:56 PM »
Although I would love to see him in Dec, If he didnt qualify and signs a LOI for next year, I would not be overly dissapointed.

« Reply #555 on: October 21, 2011, 10:11:43 PM »

Actually, the staff did monitor the kids, made sure they took and passed the classes needed to qualify.   Havn't you been following the boards?   All three completed all of their classes with passing grades from an NCAA certified school.  Short of holding a gun to the heads of the Clearinghouse review board, there's not much else that COULD have been done by the staff....

Did all 3 take the RIGHT/CORRECT needed courses to qualify?  [If the answer is no than maybe the staff should have made sure they took the CORRECT NEEDED COURSES for starters.]  EX:  What goes is monitoring them and each of these 3 players/recruits doing well in these courses if they were advised to take the WRONG courses?  Perhaps that's what is bothering Sampson & Pelle...that they were advised to take the wrong couse(s).  I don't know, but think about what I'm saying if that were the case (if it was the case and perhaps that wasn't the case).

Moose

« Reply #556 on: October 22, 2011, 12:11:25 AM »

Did all 3 take the RIGHT/CORRECT needed courses to qualify?  [If the answer is no than maybe the staff should have made sure they took the CORRECT NEEDED COURSES for starters.]  EX:  What goes is monitoring them and each of these 3 players/recruits doing well in these courses if they were advised to take the WRONG courses?  Perhaps that's what is bothering Sampson & Pelle...that they were advised to take the wrong couse(s).  I don't know, but think about what I'm saying if that were the case (if it was the case and perhaps that wasn't the case).

Its not that.  They took the classes.  They just didn't get a high enough grade based on the sliding scale of their SAT score.

« Reply #557 on: October 22, 2011, 11:08:21 AM »

Its not that.  They took the classes.  They just didn't get a high enough grade based on the sliding scale of their SAT score.
I thought the story was all 3 got 3 As inall 3 of the classes thet took. What did they need all A pluses?

« Reply #558 on: October 22, 2011, 11:26:25 AM »
 :knuppel2:ALL THIS THREAD NEEDS IS ANOTHER INANE COMMENT FROM 11CELTICK :knuppel2:

Marillac

« Reply #559 on: October 22, 2011, 11:55:48 AM »
I could be way off but I think if one of them went to Rise instead of three, there wouldn't have been a problem.  Three players from the same program looks a little fishy.