Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - IONA

• 1080 replies

Moose

Re: Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #560 on: October 22, 2011, 12:43:43 PM »
I could be way off but I think if one of them went to Rise instead of three, there wouldn't have been a problem.  Three players from the same program looks a little fishy.

Absolutely right.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #561 on: October 22, 2011, 10:18:12 PM »
Doesn't sound like Pelle will be here this season.

damn_Norvel
I need to go play basketball
53 minutes ago

BuckkBeeezy
@damn_Norvel You hoopin for anybody?
52 minutes ago

@damn_Norvel
@BuckkBeeezy I'm at this prep school

BuckkBeeezy
@damn_Norvel high scool or College?
49 minutes ago

damn_Norvel norvel STiX pelle
@BuckkBeeezy college nxt yr
49 minutes ago

BuckkBeeezy
@damn_Norvel So you doing a 5th year?
47 minutes ago

@BuckkBeeezy yea I hve too
46 minutes ago

BuckkBeeezy Daryus D. Henderson
@damn_Norvel Shit I don't blame you, I took a year off. But you still in Cali?
45 minutes ago

@BuckkBeeezy naw Pennsylvania.

MCNPA

« Reply #562 on: October 22, 2011, 10:49:39 PM »
Norvel also tweeted: "bein home makes me realize y I went to the east coast".  If he's not playing this year, it sure looks like Norvel will be at SJU in 2012.  I don't have a problem with that at all.  Just give me Amir this season and I think we can run.   Is anybody really going to be upset if we briing in Pelle, Gathers, Wood and maybe another player or two for 12' plus the guys we have already?  We'll be monstrous next year either way...

« Reply #563 on: October 23, 2011, 12:11:11 AM »
Norvel also tweeted: "bein home makes me realize y I went to the east coast".  If he's not playing this year, it sure looks like Norvel will be at SJU in 2012.  I don't have a problem with that at all.  Just give me Amir this season and I think we can run.   Is anybody really going to be upset if we briing in Pelle, Gathers, Wood and maybe another player or two for 12' plus the guys we have already?  We'll be monstrous next year either way...

Like you said, as long as he suits up for St. John's, whether it's this year or next, I'll be happy with it.

Marillac

« Reply #564 on: October 23, 2011, 11:46:25 AM »
We really need this kid.  Pelle and Gathers are the perfect yin and yang down low.

MCNPA

« Reply #565 on: October 23, 2011, 11:59:36 AM »
We really need this kid.  Pelle and Gathers are the perfect yin and yang down low.

Even it's next year, it will be fantastic to bring in 2 big guys like this two to complete some of our weak points this season ie. Post players.  I just hope Norvel stays the course and suits up with SJU.  I really think he has some amazing tools to work with and with Dunlap and Rico developing him could be fantastic.

ras

« Reply #566 on: October 23, 2011, 12:30:39 PM »
If hes not playing in Dec, lets get his LOI for 2012 so we can have 1 less thing to worry about. Its true things would look good next year with Gathers,Pelle,GG and a 6"8-6"9 Harkless. .

RedVet

« Reply #567 on: October 23, 2011, 06:15:26 PM »
When I read "bein home makes me realize y I went to the east coast," I'm not coming away feeling optimistic about his being here next year. To me, it's like saying, "What the hell was I thinking, leaving home, which I miss, and going to New York."

« Reply #568 on: October 23, 2011, 07:00:26 PM »
When I read "bein home makes me realize y I went to the east coast," I'm not coming away feeling optimistic about his being here next year. To me, it's like saying, "What the hell was I thinking, leaving home, which I miss, and going to New York."

Huh?  First off I plead with you to stop reading so much into these tweets.

But doesn't saying "bein home makes me realize y I went to the east coast" sound like he forgot why he wanted to go away for school then went back home and realized, "Yeah this is why I want to be in NY for school?"

In other words it confirms with him that he made the RIGHT choice originally to go to NY for college.

« Reply #569 on: October 23, 2011, 07:32:01 PM »
I could be way off but I think if one of them went to Rise instead of three, there wouldn't have been a problem.  Three players from the same program looks a little fishy.

+1/that too

This was not that well of a thought out plan by the SJU staff (imo).  If all 3 got A's and they still didn't qualify than perhaps all 3 needed two courses a piece instead of one etc or three courses insted of 2 etc. etc., plus all 3 players going to the same school to take these classes probably raised the NCAA eyebrows even if it was legit/on the cuff.

I think someone like Sampson might have said to himself  (make-believe Sampson) "I did everything that the SJU coaches asked me to do and still didn't qualify so who's fault is that?  Not mine"  I hope I'm very mistaken about the way I'm perceiving this.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 07:35:55 PM by Lapchick1 »

RedVet

« Reply #570 on: October 23, 2011, 10:47:57 PM »

Huh?  First off I plead with you to stop reading so much into these tweets.

But doesn't saying "bein home makes me realize y I went to the east coast" sound like he forgot why he wanted to go away for school then went back home and realized, "Yeah this is why I want to be in NY for school?"

In other words it confirms with him that he made the RIGHT choice originally to go to NY for college.

Fordham, confession on my part: Didn't grasp the "y" (i.e., "why") in his tweet. Thanks for bringing me back to earth. And yes, these tweets drive me crazy. (Preferred it when people communicated in fully spelled out words and thoughts.)

MCNPA

« Reply #571 on: October 26, 2011, 03:45:51 PM »
Norvel still confirming he needs to leave Cali and see the world.  Also tells a friend "get at me in NY".  Not sure what that means I. Twitter-speak, but I think we can be fairly comfortable that Norvel is headed to SJU either this season or next.

« Reply #572 on: October 27, 2011, 12:12:45 PM »
someone just asked norvel if he still plans on still going to stjohns and he said to dm him and he'll tell him,  not sure what that means

MCNPA

« Reply #573 on: October 27, 2011, 12:32:41 PM »
someone just asked norvel if he still plans on still going to stjohns and he said to dm him and he'll tell him,  not sure what that means

It just means he'll tell him privately, not on twitter.  Just gotta hope we have him in the fold for 2012.   If not, hope Lavin finds another post guy sooner rather than later.  I wanna see Norvel here.  Not sure why Norvel is so cryptic about his future, but he seems to have been that way all along.  Not fun for the SJU fans but hey, gotta let Lavin worry bout that stuff.

« Reply #574 on: October 27, 2011, 01:37:29 PM »

It just means he'll tell him privately, not on twitter.  Just gotta hope we have him in the fold for 2012.   If not, hope Lavin finds another post guy sooner rather than later.  I wanna see Norvel here.  Not sure why Norvel is so cryptic about his future, but he seems to have been that way all along.  Not fun for the SJU fans but hey, gotta let Lavin worry bout that stuff.

I'd also love for Pelle to remain committed to St. John's, but I'm certainly not holding my breath.  Hopefully, Garrett is able to "work" him and try to keep him committed.  I can easily see this not ending in our favor.     

Moose

« Reply #575 on: October 27, 2011, 02:03:56 PM »

OK fess up.
What poster asked him?
Remember who broke the Slice news

desco80

« Reply #576 on: October 27, 2011, 02:08:28 PM »
Question from the naive/ unconnected here....    Are we certain Norvel would be a 2012 sign at this point if he does stay committed?

Is next semester out of the question?

sju89tr

« Reply #577 on: October 27, 2011, 02:45:34 PM »
Question from the naive/ unconnected here....    Are we certain Norvel would be a 2012 sign at this point if he does stay committed?

Is next semester out of the question?

I think at best he is most likely looking at a fall 2012 enrollment based on what he has said.

All I can say is that he doesn't want to talk about when/where he will go to college.

He came to St Johns tip off and was having a good time. His family wants him at St Johns (as evidenced by sisters interview with Zags). The family wants him away from California. They trust Lavin and the staff.

They trusted the staff enough to allow them to help place him at Phelps rather than go west to a Findlay for example.

I think he is being pulled by people to go to SDSU. He understands what is best for him.

If I were a betting man, I would say it is slim he enrolls at St Johns in Dec.

I would say that 80% chance he comes in Sept 2012 with 20% chance he enrolls at SDSU or another west coast school.   

LJSA

« Reply #578 on: October 27, 2011, 03:47:13 PM »

OK fess up.
What poster asked him?

Whomever it was, hopefully we hear what the answer was.

« Reply #579 on: October 27, 2011, 03:54:14 PM »

OK fess up.
What poster asked him?

Whomever it was, hopefully we hear what the answer was.

The person who asked him was Bryce Cartwright, who plays PG for Iowa, not a poster on this board.

Quincy Roberts just asked if he was going to St. John's too and he said he would direct message him as well. Maybe someone can get Quincy to spill the beans.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 03:55:42 PM by kingofk1ngs »