Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - IONA

• 1080 replies
Re: Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #620 on: November 09, 2011, 11:21:25 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/11/09/pelle-to-st-johns-for-2012/

Pelle coming next year...of course would love him here in December but I'll certainly take it.

desco80

« Reply #621 on: November 09, 2011, 11:27:28 AM »
This is actually the best news we could've gotten IMO.   

Hopefully Norvel has a great prep year, works on his post-moves; and fills out his frame.   We'll need him ready to go when he gets here.

« Reply #622 on: November 09, 2011, 11:28:02 AM »
Pelle recommitting would be great. He is a big piece to the puzzle for us and gets to learn a year/ year and a half behind GG.

Dan

« Reply #623 on: November 09, 2011, 01:46:06 PM »
If they get Garrett and Pelle back...that's way better than I thought.  2 out of 3 seemed unlikely when the news first broke.  Even though it sucks that they will have to wait until 2012 it's still good news...

That being said, the ink isn't dry on the LOI yet, so I won't completely believe it until then.

« Reply #624 on: November 09, 2011, 02:43:41 PM »
Hold your enthusiasm it's not done deal yet
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

mkras99

« Reply #625 on: November 09, 2011, 02:49:07 PM »
When will it be resolved, Dave?

pmg911

« Reply #626 on: November 09, 2011, 04:32:14 PM »
But when I was telling people he would not be here in December I was:

1. A bad fan
2. Had no idea what I was talking about
3. Was an a$$hole
4. Was a real Seton Hall fan
5. I had an agenda against the program.

ras

« Reply #627 on: November 09, 2011, 04:35:20 PM »
Dave: Will garrett be here in Dec? What is the  hold up w Pelle?

« Reply #628 on: November 09, 2011, 04:41:25 PM »
I think Garrett has to pass the classes he's taking now- he seems confident.

Pelle- read above posts-
Zags and Kline reporting that he will sign SJU but come in Sept 2012.
Molloy '71

« Reply #629 on: November 09, 2011, 04:48:44 PM »
I think Garrett has to pass the classes he's taking now- he seems confident.

Pelle- read above posts-
Zags and Kline reporting that he will sign SJU but come in Sept 2012.

Dave just stated rather ominously that the Pelle deal is not a done deal

« Reply #630 on: November 09, 2011, 04:56:20 PM »
But when I was telling people he would not be here in December I was:

1. A bad fan
2. Had no idea what I was talking about
3. Was an a$$hole
4. Was a real Seton Hall fan
5. I had an agenda against the program.

Wrong that is not why people question you.  You bring up straw man arguments, whereas you make up your own argument and then answer it as if someone else is asking you this or saying this.

You have become the king of the straw man argument and then try to cry crocodile tears after the fact.  It is getting real old.

pmg911

« Reply #631 on: November 10, 2011, 11:46:16 AM »
Fordham - I have to admit I had to look up what "straw man argument" meant.

I stopped caring what people on here, RM or BEB think about me. I have met some great people on the boards and those that know me and  have met me know that I am not making stuff up. In fact, I don't post 90% of the things I hear about the program that I know are true.

Its a double edged sword for anyone who has any real connections to the basketball community to post on message boards. You see stuff posted by people, who claim they know they are talking about, that is BLATANTLY false and wrong. You want to correct them and set the record straight but you cant because you don't want to violate the trust of the peoiple that told you exactly what was going on. So you try to post in a way that puts doubt on what they are claiming but they you get attacked.

The best example of this was the Kyle Anderson recruitment. We were out of that at least a week, if not longer, before he announced. Yet there were people on here claiming they had inside information saying SJU was right there until the end and it was just lies.

Like I said, think or say anything you want about me, I don't care. The people that have gotten to know me know that I am not spewing BS on here. I get PMs all the time from people telling me they appreciate my honesty.

« Reply #632 on: November 10, 2011, 11:56:21 AM »
Don't be shocked if Pelle doesn't come. As talented as he is he might poison the well. He isn't doing a lot of things he should be, sometimes you just have to cut ties. Gathers is a much bigger priority at this point.

PMG/Fordham...lets not take over another thread. PM each other if you want to go back and forth. You guys clearly have a difference of opinion, just ignore each other.

« Reply #633 on: November 10, 2011, 11:58:03 AM »
Fordham - I have to admit I had to look up what "straw man argument" meant.

I stopped caring what people on here, RM or BEB think about me. I have met some great people on the boards and those that know me and  have met me know that I am not making stuff up. In fact, I don't post 90% of the things I hear about the program that I know are true.

Its a double edged sword for anyone who has any real connections to the basketball community to post on message boards. You see stuff posted by people, who claim they know they are talking about, that is BLATANTLY false and wrong. You want to correct them and set the record straight but you cant because you don't want to violate the trust of the peoiple that told you exactly what was going on. So you try to post in a way that puts doubt on what they are claiming but they you get attacked.

The best example of this was the Kyle Anderson recruitment. We were out of that at least a week, if not longer, before he announced. Yet there were people on here claiming they had inside information saying SJU was right there until the end and it was just lies.

Like I said, think or say anything you want about me, I don't care. The people that have gotten to know me know that I am not spewing BS on here. I get PMs all the time from people telling me they appreciate my honesty.

I addressed this on another thread.  You can accept my explanation/apology or choose to pursue this further by arguing with yourself.

I choose to use this board going forward to discuss my multifarious concerns on various other topics regarding SJU basketball. 

Marillac

« Reply #634 on: November 10, 2011, 12:59:34 PM »
No need for us STJ fans to fight amongst ourselves.  I've had my disagreement with many of you, but you are all good guys.

Can't wait for the big man to get on campus!

SJUFAN

« Reply #635 on: November 10, 2011, 05:22:37 PM »
Don't be shocked if Pelle doesn't come. As talented as he is he might poison the well. He isn't doing a lot of things he should be, sometimes you just have to cut ties. Gathers is a much bigger priority at this point.

PMG/Fordham...lets not take over another thread. PM each other if you want to go back and forth. You guys clearly have a difference of opinion, just ignore each other.

So your saying there is a chance that the staff would withdraw their offer?

« Reply #636 on: November 10, 2011, 08:58:53 PM »
What do you know Dave?  The suspense is killing me.

« Reply #637 on: November 11, 2011, 02:13:37 AM »
dave isn't always accurate. let's see how this plays out...and dave, save this thread so you can call me out down the road.

i hope you're wrong, though.

« Reply #638 on: November 11, 2011, 10:22:02 AM »
dave isn't always accurate. let's see how this plays out...and dave, save this thread so you can call me out down the road.

i hope you're wrong, though.

I very well could be. However fact of the matter remains that is the way it's looking now.

Norvel is a nice kid but he doesn't share the same type of passion for the game as Nuri or Moe. He's 6'10 and can jump. Any coach in America is going to try and tap his potential and make him realize his desire to play but he might not have it. It's not dogging him or saying he's a bad kid because he's not.

I'd love to have him here if he wants to be here and work hard but it might not be the case.

Marillac

« Reply #639 on: November 11, 2011, 10:29:11 AM »
This is our big man.  Double-double.  Hell really benefit from a coach like Dunlap on and off the court.