Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - IONA

• 1080 replies

ras

Re: Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #640 on: November 11, 2011, 02:30:26 PM »
Dave: I cant figure out exactly what you are saying. I will assume he will not be here in Dec and he will play college Hoops in 2012. A couple of days ago reports had him signing for SJU. Has his interest in SJU  decreased? Is he thinking about SDSU? Is he going to postpone his LOI untill the spring?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 02:31:30 PM by ras »

« Reply #641 on: November 11, 2011, 02:46:07 PM »
Dave: I cant figure out exactly what you are saying. I will assume he will not be here in Dec and he will play college Hoops in 2012. A couple of days ago reports had him signing for SJU. Has his interest in SJU  decreased? Is he thinking about SDSU? Is he going to postpone his LOI untill the spring?

You think Norvel even know the answer to all this?

He dont and thats the prob.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #642 on: November 11, 2011, 03:27:58 PM »
It's been my opinion since early summer that Norvel doesn't have the hunger to play ball. If you follow him on twitter, he rarely talks about playing ball or working out.

Would'nt shock me att all if he never winds up pplaying major college ball anywhere.

« Reply #643 on: November 11, 2011, 04:16:19 PM »
dave isn't always accurate. let's see how this plays out...and dave, save this thread so you can call me out down the road.

i hope you're wrong, though.

I very well could be. However fact of the matter remains that is the way it's looking now.

Norvel is a nice kid but he doesn't share the same type of passion for the game as Nuri or Moe. He's 6'10 and can jump. Any coach in America is going to try and tap his potential and make him realize his desire to play but he might not have it. It's not dogging him or saying he's a bad kid because he's not.

I'd love to have him here if he wants to be here and work hard but it might not be the case.
thanks for clarifying.
while i'm here and not to hijack the site...yours really kicks ass big time.  to think you started this from scratch at a time the program bit the big one says a lot.

MCNPA

« Reply #644 on: November 11, 2011, 04:33:44 PM »
dave isn't always accurate. let's see how this plays out...and dave, save this thread so you can call me out down the road.

i hope you're wrong, though.

I very well could be. However fact of the matter remains that is the way it's looking now.

Norvel is a nice kid but he doesn't share the same type of passion for the game as Nuri or Moe. He's 6'10 and can jump. Any coach in America is going to try and tap his potential and make him realize his desire to play but he might not have it. It's not dogging him or saying he's a bad kid because he's not.

I'd love to have him here if he wants to be here and work hard but it might not be the case.

I think though Dave, that something must be taken out of the fact that he did travel across the country for Rise Academy and now for Phelps.  The kid seems like he's trying to get eligible.  The setbacks seem to take some heart out of him and probably would a few kids.  I don't know about his passion for the game because I've never spoken to him, but hope that he sticks it out.  I would like to see him a bit more emphatic about SJU though.  I hope we get his NLI this week.  It would be an indicator that he's serious about both SJU and playing hoops next year.  I guess we'll find out soon enough.

lihoop

« Reply #645 on: November 12, 2011, 03:16:35 PM »
any word if he signed? is the deadline up until spring if he did not sign?

MCNPA

« Reply #646 on: November 16, 2011, 01:07:40 AM »
I thought he was just on board a few days ao, now decommits...  Damn this kid is flakey.  Probably better we move on at this point.  I love his intangibles, but he doesn't seem like he wants to take this stuff seriously.  Oh well.  Need some front court help for next year in a big way.  Hopefully gathers and one or two more...  Tired of his games.

« Reply #647 on: November 16, 2011, 01:45:07 AM »
Lavin and staff need at least two more bigs for next year.  I'm assuming we stay in touch will the three decommits (maybe they cut ties w/ Pelle), and focus a lot of attention on Obekpa.  I'd be happy if we could get two out of those four, but that may be optimistic.  Also will have to identify some juco bigs. 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 01:45:58 AM by B-Squared »

« Reply #648 on: November 16, 2011, 03:26:46 AM »
Pelle is going to end up at SDSU if he passes his prep classes I was told.

LJSA

« Reply #649 on: November 16, 2011, 04:33:00 AM »
Sorry to see this happen because he has a world of potential, but I'd rather it happen now then get him on campus and have him turn into James Felton 2.0.

At this point, a rotation of Achiuwa, Obekpa, and Gathers for the two power spots would be a dream come true. It's a shame that other guys possibly slipped through our fingers while Sampson and Pelle were wasting the staff's time.

Moose

« Reply #650 on: November 16, 2011, 07:37:59 AM »
I thought he was just on board a few days ao, now decommits...  Damn this kid is flakey.  Probably better we move on at this point.  I love his intangibles, but he doesn't seem like he wants to take this stuff seriously.  Oh well.  Need some front court help for next year in a big way.  Hopefully gathers and one or two more...  Tired of his games.

Link?
Remember who broke the Slice news

Moose

« Reply #651 on: November 16, 2011, 07:55:05 AM »
Forget it.. I saw the link to the Jungle article on Redmen
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #652 on: November 16, 2011, 07:59:12 AM »

You think Norvel even know the answer to all this?

He dont and thats the prob.

What question does Norvel Know the answer to?

Re: Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA
« Reply #653 on: November 16, 2011, 08:24:00 AM »
And another chapter in the saga of Norvel Pelle’s recruitment has been written.
The 6’10 California native, who was ruled ineligible by the NCAA this Fall, was thought to be signing this November and joining the Red Storm in 2012.

But that may no longer be the case.

Read More:
http://johnnyjungle.com/recruiting/breaking-norvel-pelle-decommits-from-st-johns-will-open-up-recruitment/
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #654 on: November 16, 2011, 08:46:11 AM »
Could this be a result of the coaches making this happen?  You can only put up with so much before you have to move on....
@Coachnice persong

DFF6

« Reply #655 on: November 16, 2011, 08:47:38 AM »
I wish Norvel the best. His initial selection of SJU helped enhance the buzz around our reinvigorated recruiting efforts last year, and for that, I'm grateful .  He seems like a nice kid, but it appears he needs to figure out what he wants to do with his life, and then just do it.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 09:34:21 AM by DFF6 »

Poison

« Reply #656 on: November 16, 2011, 08:50:27 AM »
Could this be a result of the coaches making this happen?  You can only put up with so much before you have to move on....

He sounds like a child on Twitter.

« Reply #657 on: November 16, 2011, 08:52:02 AM »
Pelle is going to end up at SDSU if he passes his prep classes I was told.

It wouldn't surprise me at all.  Quite frankly, when I didn't hear about him signing his LOI (last week nor this week) then I had a feeling this would happen.  He does have a world of potential, as mentioned by LJSA, but we may just sever ties with him altogether.

Put the full-court press on Obekpa and Jefferson (if, he waits 'til spring), and continue to pursue Gathers in hopes he re-commits in the spring.  The staff may also comb through JUCO to find a frontcourt player or two.  Currently, our frontcourt is looking rather bleak going into next season.  But, there is plenty of time to rectify the situation.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 09:50:37 AM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #658 on: November 16, 2011, 09:06:59 AM »
Someone told me he tweeted recently that he decommitted and then the tweet disappeared.

I have no idea where this kid ends up.  Neal Nieves tweeted months back that he thinks Pelle lands at a JUCO when it is all said and done.

Would not surprise me.

« Reply #659 on: November 16, 2011, 09:32:16 AM »
BTW-We criticized Maurice Wingate when he tweeted over the spring that he heard JaKarr would need a prep year, and then Neal Nieves tweeted around the same time that Norvel would not qualify and then Zags tweeted that a source told him that 4 incoming SJU players had not gotten NCAA clearance as of that point (this was late spring and as it turned out 3 would fail to qualify).  It turns out these tweets were largely correct in retrospect.