Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - IONA

• 1080 replies
Any info on Pelle
« Reply #700 on: November 23, 2011, 01:06:17 AM »
Think Norvelle was sitting behind bench in a USA hoodie and the 2 student sections at 2 different times chanted We Want Pelle. Anybody know if he had anything to say. Looked like he was tweeting or texting most of game and not watching much of it.

Wods317

Re: Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA
« Reply #701 on: November 23, 2011, 02:00:29 AM »
TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline
Former St. John's commit Norvel Pelle, a 2012 center from Phelps (PA), is attending the Red Storm's game tonight, per @TheoRabinowitz.

Saw him at the game. Why would he attend a game now? He went back to locker room to see the guys after as well, who knows what he is thinking.

Dan

« Reply #702 on: November 23, 2011, 02:15:33 AM »
What on Earth is going on?

MCNPA

« Reply #703 on: November 23, 2011, 02:16:47 AM »
Former St. John's commit Norvel Pelle, a 2012 center from Phelps (PA), is attending the Red Storm's game tonight, per @TheoRabinowitz.

Saw him at the game. Why would he attend a game now? He went back to locker room to see the guys after as well, who knows what he is thinking.

I think we have a good shot with Gathers and Jakarr.  I'm not getting my hopes up for Pelle.

« Reply #704 on: November 23, 2011, 02:24:31 AM »

That is a good sign at least...Pelle would be a monster in this system and with this team

Moose

Re: Any info on Pelle
« Reply #705 on: November 23, 2011, 07:45:33 AM »
Think Norvelle was sitting behind bench in a USA hoodie and the 2 student sections at 2 different times chanted We Want Pelle. Anybody know if he had anything to say. Looked like he was tweeting or texting most of game and not watching much of it.

No joke at one point he tweeted he was hungry and either agitated or irritated. Can't remember the exact word.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #706 on: November 23, 2011, 08:42:07 AM »

No joke at one point he tweeted he was hungry and either agitated or irritated. Can't remember the exact word.

I believed it was (paraphrased) "hella irritated," if I'm not mistaken.

Moose

« Reply #707 on: November 23, 2011, 08:44:51 AM »

I believed it was (paraphrased) "hella irritated," if I'm not mistaken.

Thats it.  He was hungry and that.

Now lets analyze that :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

DFF6

« Reply #708 on: November 23, 2011, 09:12:07 AM »
He should be "hella irritated".  He could've been playing 30+ minutes per game for an ultra-talented young team playing the most difficult schedule in the country. Instead, he's sitting a few rows behind courtside in the student section wearing a hoodie and tweeting about his feelings.

dR3w

« Reply #709 on: November 23, 2011, 10:45:40 AM »

Well if you read the rest of his tweets from yesterday into today, you might think about analyzing them.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 10:47:02 AM by dR3w »

sju89tr

« Reply #710 on: November 23, 2011, 11:07:34 AM »

Well if you read the rest of his tweets from yesterday into today, you might think about analyzing them.

He just never appears happy. Although on the other hand, he looked like he was having a great time at MM. Wish things were just different with him We have such an exciting product and he would really complete the puzzle.

kob24

« Reply #711 on: November 23, 2011, 11:56:07 AM »
he was behind me. he was chilling watching the game and went to hang out with guys after. he is just a confused kid. a bit wierd.

« Reply #712 on: November 23, 2011, 11:59:02 AM »
Well it cant be bad that he was at game.

Means he still has a connection/bond w players &/or coaches
Molloy '71

MCNPA

« Reply #713 on: November 23, 2011, 12:10:02 PM »
Well it cant be bad that he was at game.

Means he still has a connection/bond w players &/or coaches

Although later after the game he tweets : "fake ass niggas man".  One can speculate what he's talking about and what that's all about.  Don't know, but the kid is impossible to read and is all over the place emotionally.  Love his talent but we need more Sir'dom's and Harrison's who are confident and decisive.  We need warriors here.  He doesn't strike me as the kid that's going to commit to anything for more than 5 minutes.  I'd love for him to prove me wrong.  Don't want to see such a talented and seemingly good kid fall by the wayside and letting his immaturity ruin his path.

« Reply #714 on: November 23, 2011, 12:18:09 PM »
he was behind me. he was chilling watching the game and went to hang out with guys after. he is just a confused kid. a bit wierd.

Agree 100% kob.  I mean he was there for the game meaning something must still be there with him and SJU. 

I have given up trying to figure out what his tweets mean.

Leave the kid alone and see where this ends up next spring. 

« Reply #715 on: November 23, 2011, 12:26:14 PM »

Agree 100% kob.  I mean he was there for the game meaning something must still be there with him and SJU. 

I have given up trying to figure out what his tweets mean.

Leave the kid alone and see where this ends up next spring.
You mean next fall because he may be in 2 different places from next spring to next fall if not more. :)

« Reply #716 on: November 23, 2011, 03:03:29 PM »
Saw a guy tweet Norvel, asking him why he isn't playing. Norvel said he's waiting on doc to clear him.  That's the first I heard that - what did I miss?

https://twitter.com/damn_Norvel/status/139427246669705217

Marillac

« Reply #717 on: November 23, 2011, 04:29:50 PM »
Kids are different.  Norvel is artistic and a free spirit but he strikes me as a fiercely loyal guy.  Let's just let him work his stuff out.  He'd be AMAZING for us...6'10 jumping jack.

« Reply #718 on: November 25, 2011, 10:58:28 AM »
Kids are different.  Norvel is artistic and a free spirit but he strikes me as a fiercely loyal guy.  Let's just let him work his stuff out.  He'd be AMAZING for us...6'10 jumping jack.
Totally agree. IMO too much emphasis has been placed in other posts that Norvel would "disrupt team chemistry" due to the perception that he is not as competitive as the other freshmen. While that may be the case now, if we were lucky enough to get his services I believe that he would benefit from the aggressive style the others are playing and his talent would take over. I only get worried about team chemistry if the guy is not a "team player" or does not adhere to team rules. Neither of which appears to be the case with Norvel. If Norvel decides to stick with SJU I believe it will be a great decision for both him and our program.

sju89tr

« Reply #719 on: November 25, 2011, 10:58:14 PM »
Totally agree. IMO too much emphasis has been placed in other posts that Norvel would "disrupt team chemistry" due to the perception that he is not as competitive as the other freshmen. While that may be the case now, if we were lucky enough to get his services I believe that he would benefit from the aggressive style the others are playing and his talent would take over. I only get worried about team chemistry if the guy is not a "team player" or does not adhere to team rules. Neither of which appears to be the case with Norvel. If Norvel decides to stick with SJU I believe it will be a great decision for both him and our program.

Norvel in my opinion would be happy right now if he were settled in on the St Johns roster and campus. Being in Philly alone makes him think about home and he has people pulling his back to the west coast. His family I believe would prefer him to be on the east coast. This will be a ropller coaster ride until the spring signing period. Thestaff needs to sign a kid to replace himbut hold a ship in case he changes his mind. Its really a shame because he is a special player.