@ the Rac....Rutgers Predictions

• 24 replies
@ the Rac....Rutgers Predictions
« on: February 04, 2008, 05:41:42 PM »
can we win two in a row? or back to bad news bears
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: @ the Rac....Rutgers Predictions
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 07:32:45 PM »
The johnnies inspired on saturday night and the giants inspired on sunday night.  im going to be an optimist for once and predict a win at the RAC.  should be interesting to see malik (hopefully he'll be in instead of geno) go at mike coburn and vice versa.  we may see more paris horned because of the matchup with corey chandler (chandlers a good scorer at the 2 guard).  it should also be interesting to see who norm uses on hamady ndiaye.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 09:26:18 PM »
Main page will be updated with Rutgers pregame sometime later tonight and in case you go to bed it will be there with perhaps a new dance team girl when you wake up. Depends how long my eyes can stay open because I'm pretty tired.

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 10:01:31 AM »
im probably gonna eat my words, but i think this team hit rock bottom with the gtown loss that carried over to the first half of the south fl game down 25-9. then as many posters here has mentioned, when norms hand was forced, we completely turned it around. i think we win against rutgers and win big..we will win the next 3 games after that....prov, cincy, nova.....and make it back to .500 ball....i know south fl sucks, but hopefully norm has learned to keep booth and wright in the line up and put sean in at the 5 spot.

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 10:26:35 AM »
I don't know what's worse, the fact that we are hoping to win four in a row and that won't get us to 500. in the league or that we are so off the hoops landscape that we are'nt even on TV in the metro area. What a sad state of affairs, i can watch St. leos vs Bet. cookman but not SJU Ru.

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 06:04:47 PM »
If you haven't checked full preview on the game

www.johnnyjungle.com

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 09:18:57 PM »
Looks like Mason is questionable for tomorrows game

Poison

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 12:03:30 AM »
Looks like Mason is questionable for tomorrows game

I had heard he is expected to play. But I think the key for us is Malik Boothe running the offense.
We might as well give him the ball right away tomorrow night. Geno clearly doesn't have it.

Boothe isn't Johnny Flynn, but he needs to learn if we're going to have any chance next year.

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 12:58:29 AM »
Poison, did you see the quotes on St. John's website? Norm was asked about playing Geno and Boothe together what are your thoughts on that?

Poison

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 01:26:33 AM »
Poison, did you see the quotes on St. John's website? Norm was asked about playing Geno and Boothe together what are your thoughts on that?

Geno can't run the point, and he most certainly can't play anywhere else, so no.
Just wasteful. Get Wright and Horne minutes.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 01:26:54 AM by Poison »

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 01:37:00 AM »

Geno can't run the point, and he most certainly can't play anywhere else, so no.
Just wasteful. Get Wright and Horne minutes.

totally agree I wanted to pound my head into the wall when i heard that. Geno make an outside shot to save his soul this year either. His confidence is completely shot.

What I heard on Mase was that he was he was getting an MRI and that Norm didn't make it sound like Mason did too much in terms of practicing this week.

Has anyone seen him walking around on campus? Is he gimping like Tom Brady in a boot? Where is TMZ when you need them?

Randomhero423

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 07:35:56 PM »
that channel surfing site is great!

Randomhero423

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 07:37:33 PM »
boothe and lawrence starting is stupid.

Randomhero423

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 07:38:22 PM »
geno is a poor man's greg paulus.

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 07:45:17 PM »
this is so stupid. malik, geno and sean evans in the starting lineup.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Randomhero423

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 07:46:46 PM »
finally wright is in.

Randomhero423

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 07:49:37 PM »
big dunk by burrell

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 08:00:51 PM »
rutgers is ice cold from outside right now

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 08:02:50 PM »
As usual, the announcers suck.

Look okay so far.  They're missing shots and we're getting most of the rebounds.  The starting lineup made no sense, but I wouldn't expect it any other way.

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 08:16:28 PM »
nice move by tomas!