Amir Garrett - SF - Findlay Prep - Las Vegas, NV - ST. JOHN'S

• 772 replies

Marillac

Re: Amir Garrett - SF - Findlay Prep - Las Vegas, NV - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #220 on: April 02, 2011, 03:07:20 PM »
Garrett is the size of Paris Horne. Asking him to play the 3 at the college level is ambitious enough.

LOL Garrett is most often listed at 6'6 and I've seen him listed at 6'7.  Paris was 6'3.  Garrett also has absurd length and has played the PF before.  The scouting reports before Findley had him a post man that was transitioning to the wing. 
I think Garrett would be simlar to Polee in the post--he can probably handle his own but is not an ideal four.  The good news is that we play a zone and Garrett and Polee will both be able to defend three positions. 

Poison

« Reply #221 on: April 02, 2011, 03:19:40 PM »
At the Westmont game, I walked past him and I'm telling you, he's not 6'5. I'm not sure he's 6'4.

Moose

« Reply #222 on: April 02, 2011, 04:16:33 PM »
At the Westmont game, I walked past him and I'm telling you, he's not 6'5. I'm not sure he's 6'4.

Garrett?
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #223 on: April 02, 2011, 11:45:07 PM »
Yes

« Reply #224 on: April 03, 2011, 01:29:51 PM »

whatever he is, he is taller than paris
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Moose

« Reply #225 on: April 03, 2011, 01:38:16 PM »
Yes

Seen him twice in person I say he's 6'6.

Poison

« Reply #226 on: April 03, 2011, 05:02:59 PM »
I'm 6'3. No way he's more than a hair taller than me. Unless I'm growing, and that would be something.

« Reply #227 on: April 12, 2011, 05:18:23 AM »
I dont care what height he is when he gets to the rim he will dunk on anyone in america. He would have one the NBA dunk contest easy.

http://blip.tv/play/huZEgrHUcwI

« Reply #228 on: April 12, 2011, 11:49:29 PM »
Garrett highlights start around the 1:47 mark (Ballislife All-American Game Mix)....

http://www.ballislife.com/
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 11:49:52 PM by mjdinkins »

Moose

« Reply #229 on: April 13, 2011, 09:04:46 AM »
Garrett highlights start around the 1:47 mark (Ballislife All-American Game Mix)....

http://www.ballislife.com/

Good lord what a block.

Wods317

« Reply #230 on: April 13, 2011, 09:49:21 AM »
I think this kid looks so underrated. He has a nice skill set and as we have seen by his play in HS is willing to play any role in order to help the team win. Garrett is a guy that doesn't need to score to be an effective player but I think he has the tools to be one of it not the best all around player in the class of ours.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:49:47 AM by Wods317 »

« Reply #231 on: April 13, 2011, 01:58:38 PM »
I think this kid looks so underrated. He has a nice skill set and as we have seen by his play in HS is willing to play any role in order to help the team win. Garrett is a guy that doesn't need to score to be an effective player but I think he has the tools to be one of it not the best all around player in the class of ours.

I second that wods.

You see these highlights of him and he is not allowed to do any of this on his highschool team. I think if given the chance he will really be able to blossom into a capable scorer.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #232 on: April 13, 2011, 02:07:50 PM »
I second that wods.

You see these highlights of him and he is not allowed to do any of this on his highschool team. I think if given the chance he will really be able to blossom into a capable scorer.

He just accepted his role with Findlay and played the team game, per se'.  It's good he did so, as he showed he is a team-first guy.  OTOH, you can also see what he can do when given the opportunity (to show his skills).  He seems capable of doing much more than what he showed at Findlay.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 10:40:32 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #233 on: April 13, 2011, 10:29:21 PM »
I believe today Garrett had a statement similar to Harrison and basically said SJU will win it all.

Marillac

« Reply #234 on: April 15, 2011, 09:12:11 AM »
So let's get this straight....our sixth highest ranked recruit just won MVP of a pretty respectable All-Star game ? :)  My how things have changed. 

« Reply #235 on: April 15, 2011, 09:35:06 AM »
So let's get this straight....our sixth highest ranked recruit just won MVP of a pretty respectable All-Star game ? :)  My how things have changed. 

No kidding!  LOL  Seems like night and day over the past year.  Garrett has some herky-jerky to his game. 

Is it October yet?   

kjd01067

« Reply #236 on: April 15, 2011, 09:47:30 AM »

No kidding!  LOL  Seems like night and day over the past year.  Garrett has some herky-jerky to his game. 

Is it October yet?   

I agree mjdinkins I can't wait for October!  This team is going to take its lumps but boy are these guys going to be fun to watch and root for.

Moose

« Reply #237 on: April 15, 2011, 11:33:47 AM »

Is it October yet?   

I agree mjdinkins I can't wait for October!  This team is going to take its lumps but boy are these guys going to be fun to watch and root for.

Everyone gave this graduating class props for coming here when we were down.

This class should also be held in a similar light.  They came here to a coach who hadn't coached in 7 years and committed pretty much before even seeing us play.  They took a big leap and put STJ back on the map.  Even some knowing they would be joined by so many others.

Really can't wait to see these guys over the next 4 yrs.

« Reply #238 on: April 15, 2011, 02:07:56 PM »
Everyone gave this graduating class props for coming here when we were down.

This class should also be held in a similar light.  They came here to a coach who hadn't coached in 7 years and committed pretty much before even seeing us play.  They took a big leap and put STJ back on the map.  Even some knowing they would be joined by so many others.

Really can't wait to see these guys over the next 4 yrs.

I agree!  The graduating class opened the door.  I have a hunch this class is gonna knock down walls!

« Reply #239 on: April 19, 2011, 11:37:17 PM »
Garrett is BALLISLIFE Player of the Week....  Most of the same highlights we saw about a week ago.

http://www.ballislife.com/video/65-amir-garrett-is-ballislife