Mason jr to the heat

• 74 replies
Re: Mason jr to the heat
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2010, 09:33:43 AM »
Best of luck to Mr. Mason!

St. John's alum Anthony Mason Jr.  was selected for the Miami Heat's 20-man training camp roster earlier in the week, and is currently participating in workouts at Elgin Air Force Base in the Florida Panhandle.

Mason Jr. participated in the team's media day activities last Friday, Sept. 24, and has been working out with the Heat in an effort to make the regular-season roster for the NBA squad. The Heat is required to trim its roster to 15 (including three on the inactive list) by Oct. 25.

"This experience has been great. There is nothing like being able to play and learn from some of the best players in the league every day," said Mason Jr. "I want to thank Miami for the opportunity to be out here with the team, and my family and friends and all of those who stick with me and support me."

Most of Mason Jr.'s practice matchups have been against Heat notables Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Mike Miller. When not practicing, the team has had a great deal of interaction with the airmen on the base. For an inside look at Miami Heat training camp activities, including feature stories, photos and videos featuring Mason Jr., check out the team's official website.

Read More:
http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/100110aab.html
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2010, 05:56:43 PM »
Per Alex Kennedy on Twitter-

"AlexKennedyNBA - Keep an eye on Anthony Mason Jr. in Miami. He played more minutes than anyone in their scrimmage and has been very impressive during camp."

Wods317

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2010, 06:51:31 PM »
Per Alex Kennedy on Twitter-

"AlexKennedyNBA - Keep an eye on Anthony Mason Jr. in Miami. He played more minutes than anyone in their scrimmage and has been very impressive during camp."

Thats great news, good for Mase. He seems like a good kid and I hope he can make an NBA roster.

Tha Kid

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2010, 09:13:39 AM »

My money's on the heat signing him officially but sending him to the NBDL.  Takers?
"I drink and I know things"

Poison

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2010, 09:35:04 AM »
Lebron will get hurt, and Mason jr will start in his place and put up 15 and 6 as a rookie.

kjd01067

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2010, 08:47:50 PM »
Mase Jr. and the heat are on right now... Just had a offensive rebound and a nice putback for those who want to watch...

http://atdhe.net/25389/watch-detroit-pistons-vs-miami-heat

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2010, 09:58:29 PM »
he is in the game right now

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2010, 10:14:29 PM »
He looked great. He played really well defensively, made some crisp passes, his handle looked tighter, and he didn't make mistakes.

3-4 (only miss came from 3) for 7 points. He had 2 rebounds, 2 fouls, 0 turnovers
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2010, 08:36:44 PM »
He looked great. He played really well defensively, made some crisp passes, his handle looked tighter, and he didn't make mistakes.

3-4 (only miss came from 3) for 7 points. He had 2 rebounds, 2 fouls, 0 turnovers

How did Kenny Hasbrouck look? Im thinking they are battling for the same roster spot

kjd01067

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2010, 09:06:31 PM »

How did Kenny Hasbrouck look? Im thinking they are battling for the same roster spot

DNP COACH'S DECISION

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2010, 10:20:15 PM »
I think he is competing more with James jones

Wods317

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2010, 12:57:22 AM »
6 pts and 7 boards tonight for Mase. He played quite a few minutes so its look like the Heat are at least giving him a serious look. He had a few more turnovers than you'd like but 3-6 from the field and 7 boards isn't to shabby.

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2010, 02:51:03 AM »
He had 3 offensive rebounds. Got to appreciate that.

I didn't see him play but was checking play by play on my mobile as I was out. He had a few turnovers but overall he played a ton of minutes. He is getting a really good look.

I still think a roster spot comes down to him and James Jones.

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2010, 01:46:33 PM »
[tweet]http://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/27001328782[/tweet]

We knew it was going to be a long shot for Anthony Mason Jr to make the final 15 but his play in the first couple of preseason games led one to believe he might have had a chance. That all ended yesterday as the Miami Heat let go of Mason and are now four cuts away from their final roster.

http://allucanheat.com/2010/10/11/heat-cut-anthony-mason-jr/

This is too bad. I thought Mase was doing pretty well. I was hoping he snuck on the roster

Poison

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2010, 02:28:01 PM »
If he played well, he may have a shot on another team. Why not the Knicks or Nets?

Surely, they have room for a guy who's been playing well?

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2010, 02:59:52 PM »
If he played well, he may have a shot on another team. Why not the Knicks or Nets?

Surely, they have room for a guy who's been playing well?

Does Khakistan have direct flights or is there a layover someplace?

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2010, 03:10:30 PM »
I was reading a lot of Heat message boards and fans are surprised and disappointed that Mase was the first cut. They liked his game so far.

pmg911

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2010, 04:11:40 PM »
Hopefully his solid play in camp and a good agents gets him lined up for a good overseas somewhere.

Tha Kid

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2010, 07:29:42 PM »

I don't think any of us should be surprised by this.  I wish mase the best and think he could have a very good career overseas.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2010, 01:17:27 AM »
Does Khakistan have direct flights or is there a layover someplace?