Midnight Madness

• 17 replies
Midnight Madness
« on: September 22, 2010, 10:28:39 PM »
Should St. John's bring back midnight madness?  What kind of event(s) would you like to see?

It appears that Garrett and Harrison may visit for midnight madness...does the school plan on telling anyone about the event? :)
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Re: Midnight Madness
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 10:36:12 PM »
I actually wrote a piece on this exact topic...please check it out, leave some feed back.

http://johnnyjungle.com/game/a-change-in-forecasts-for-storm-fest/

Wods317

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 10:53:41 PM »
Good article. I think a Midnight Madness event is important to get players, recruits, and fans excited about the program and the upcoming season. It seems like Garrett and Harrison are going to attend and hopefully with the new life in this program we can throw a big event in Carnesecca.

Poison

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 11:05:42 PM »
You should only stop Midnight Madness if your goal is to go 9-18 like Norm Roberts.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 11:14:13 PM by Poison »

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 11:10:11 PM »
I'm hoping that it is held in CA. We have the new scoreboard, new seating, it would be perfect to put Midnight Madness on there. Also we should reach out to J. Cole and really do anything possible to get Jay-Z.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Tha Kid

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 10:16:23 AM »
We need a Storm Fest and it should be a Midnight Madness.  We should definitely go for a performer like Jay Z or J Cole, or even anyone if you cant get either of them.  We should bring Ron Artest back and let him speak now that he's an NBA Champion.  There are plenty of ways to make this an awesome event, and I have no doubt Lavin is on top of it.
"I drink and I know things"

Poison

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 10:38:51 AM »
What would Ron Artest speak about?

Foad

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 10:45:41 AM »
What would Ron Artest speak about?

His pants, among other things.

Chelsea Lately: Ron Artest

Moose

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 10:59:44 AM »
Or maybe he will talk about no pants.

Ron Artest on Jimmy Kimmel Live PART 1
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 01:23:10 PM »
im really hoping that lavin can pull out all the stops.  being in NYC and him and his wife having some showbiz contacts, im hoping they can convince some celebrities to appear or bring a rapper out to perform.  it would be impressive to recruits and it would excite the students enough to come out.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 01:40:39 PM »
Like I said in the column...right now it's all up in the air. For the 1st time in a while it seems like this isn't a lock to happen. No doubt that it should but it doesn't seem like it is a priority right now for Lavin and the team. That's the basic message I got from Fratto.

Moose

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 02:01:44 PM »
Like I said in the column...right now it's all up in the air. For the 1st time in a while it seems like this isn't a lock to happen. No doubt that it should but it doesn't seem like it is a priority right now for Lavin and the team. That's the basic message I got from Fratto.

????

Fratto basically Tweeted that its happening.

http://bit.ly/9KqgHb

Red Storm Tip-Off (Midnight Madness) is scheduled for Fri., Oct. 15 at Carnesecca Arena at 7 p.m. Details to follow! #stjbb

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 03:31:03 PM »
Fratto gave you the PC non-committal answer. Of course the coach isn't consumed with the idea of Midnight Madness but they are certainly focused on the idea of having it. We need student life, campus events, sports marketing, etc all on the same page of doing something grand.

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2010, 06:02:11 PM »
well thats good to hear...also my quotes are a couple weeks old now...glad that its a GO!

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2010, 07:19:10 PM »
I'm confident in the University that this will be a solid production. We won't have Jay-Z but there will be big names in attendance and I wouldn't be shocked to see ESPN in the building for it.

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 07:37:35 PM »
im very VERY happy that this will be in Carnesecca rather than Taffner (where last years was). 
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Moose

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2010, 10:12:35 AM »
I'm confident in the University that this will be a solid production. We won't have Jay-Z but there will be big names in attendance and I wouldn't be shocked to see ESPN in the building for it.

I think ESPN already announced the schools they will be showing for Midnight Madness.  But who knows.

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2010, 03:23:30 PM »

I think ESPN already announced the schools they will be showing for Midnight Madness.  But who knows.
Hopefully, the folks at ESPN can give their former colleague a little publicity-particularly on that show.