Norm,Gary Charles and Nate Blue

• 11 replies
Norm,Gary Charles and Nate Blue
« on: September 24, 2010, 02:26:32 PM »

Re: Norm,Gary Charles and Nate Blue
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 02:33:48 PM »
Why does this guy's blog get so much attention?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 02:45:42 PM »

Do you know who he is?

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 03:20:08 PM »
I have no idea.

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 03:21:52 PM »

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 03:23:27 PM »

Do you know who he is?

No

Me neither. I didnt like his comments about Iona awhile back. Just curious where he comes from with some his stuff

boo3

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 04:15:32 PM »
 Who's Norm?

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 04:34:01 PM »

Do you know who he is?

No

Me neither. I didnt like his comments about Iona awhile back. Just curious where he comes from with some his stuff

I just don't read his stuff or look for it. I have seen his blog posted on different sites fairly often though. Just odd.

Regardless I think he has a good point on Norm. He did recruit the right guys in NY and it doesn't make sense to bash him. There were a lot of things Norm didn't do but at this point who cares anymore. It's Lavin's era now.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 04:56:59 PM »

I just don't read his stuff or look for it. I have seen his blog posted on different sites fairly often though. Just odd.

Regardless I think he has a good point on Norm. He did recruit the right guys in NY and it doesn't make sense to bash him. There were a lot of things Norm didn't do but at this point who cares anymore. It's Lavin's era now.
Funny thing is, I do care about the things Norm didn't do.  It's fascinating to me figuring out how many ways the program went wrong.  But that's just me.

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 01:30:50 PM »

Funny thing is, I do care about the things Norm didn't do.  It's fascinating to me figuring out how many ways the program went wrong.  But that's just me.

Fair point. I guess I'm just so over hearing about what Norm did and didn't do at this point. I held a lot back during his time here and I guess a lot of things are starting to surface.

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 09:36:33 PM »
Just read the blog entry.  I want to comment on his comments about Nate Blue and what he said about Norm.  I was the one on site, interviewing Nate during Harkless' committment and I'm the one that tweeted them.

EVERY WORD of what Nate said was in context.  He was very candid and as you saw from the tweets I printed, it wasn't an isolated remark that Nate made, but MANY.  It was very early in his statements that he made the derogatory remarks about Norm putting recruits up in a hotel near LaGuardia Airport during official visits.  I truly believe that Nate knew exactly what he was saying, and I even asked Nate DURING our interview if he wants to "clear up" some of the statements he made, and he didn't.   LFBall has to consider that just because these folks may give him or other media outlets some "politically correct" answers while Norm was the coach, it doesn't mean that was their true feelings. 

As for Norm not going after the best players, I think what Gary Charles was going for in that comment (just my own opinion) is that Norm didn't go after some of the top players NATIONALLY like Steve Lavin is, in terms of recruiting the whole country.  I also think one of Norm's greatest recruiting problems was the severe drop off between his first tier of prospects (who he couldn't land) and his next tier that he recruited (who he often landed but weren't Big East-caliber players).
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 11:42:31 PM »
LFBall thought Nate was misquoted?! Oh.