I just watched this...

• 14 replies
I just watched this...
« on: September 25, 2010, 11:41:10 PM »
and got really excited for the season to start. How do you guys think Dwayne Polee fits in the lineup this season?

Dwayne Polee Official Hoopmixtape; AAU Edition (CRAZY HOPS)
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

Re: I just watched this...
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 11:48:42 PM »
and got really excited for the season to start. How do you guys think Dwayne Polee fits in the lineup this season?

Poison

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 11:49:28 PM »
Hard to say. We need to see what kind of game he has outside of transition.

How's his half court game?

LJSA

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 12:49:51 AM »
Makes me wish he were 6'9". A center with that athleticism in Lavin/Dunlap's system would be unreal.

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 11:17:21 AM »
Makes me wish he were 6'9". A center with that athleticism in Lavin/Dunlap's system would be unreal.

look at pelles youtube clips and pray that he joins us
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 11:30:26 AM »

He just tweeted yesterday he is 6'8 with sneakers on.

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 11:31:18 AM »
I can see us running some inbound plays for Polee this season. (Burrell and Brownlee too)

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 02:07:47 PM »
No question the kid is a sick athlete.  I hope he can log minutes at the 4.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

TONYD3

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 09:46:46 PM »
I am excited for this season. I hope Polee is great and contributes alot. However, I hope he earns his minutes and his role. Hope he is not giving anything. This is not a knock on him, I hope he is great. But winning this year is more important then developing Polee. It would be awesome if he played himself in the starting lineup.

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 11:33:55 AM »
Looks like Nba hops.

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 04:08:29 PM »

This is the most excited I have been about the direction of the program in over a decade, but as far as the upcoming season I would be a lot more optimistic if we had a decent point and one more shooter. My hope is we sneak into NCAA as a 8-9 seed, but would understand if we we have a similar record to last season. 

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 12:29:52 PM »

This is the most excited I have been about the direction of the program in over a decade
Excited enough to actually go see a game?
but would understand if we we have a similar record to last season.
6 and 12 would be an abject failure for this bunch of 29 seniors, Dwayne "the human pole-vaulter" Polee, the Hollywood wonderboy at the helm with the hall of fame Purdue haircut looking over his shoulder.

I'm very excited as well.

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 01:34:03 PM »

This is the most excited I have been about the direction of the program in over a decade
Excited enough to actually go see a game?
but would understand if we we have a similar record to last season.
6 and 12 would be an abject failure for this bunch of 29 seniors, Dwayne "the human pole-vaulter" Polee, the Hollywood wonderboy at the helm with the hall of fame Purdue haircut looking over his shoulder.

I'm very excited as well.

Last year was the first season I did not go to a game since I started following the team. Will try to get to a couple this year at the Garden.

Senior laden team with several major weaknesses that has known nothing but failure for three seasons. Very tough situation for Lavin This  season. Most important thing for him this season is to start to change the culture, which he has started to do, but I think the team will struggle on the court. I think expectations are unrealistic and people should view this season as a transition year. Remember Fran did not have a winning record with the Lopez /Hamilton team until his second year.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 01:35:05 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 03:48:28 PM »
Lavin will make sure his first recruit (and a California boy) gets plenty of time this year.
DP is going to be one of our few "veterans" in 2011.

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 02:02:40 PM »
Last year was the first season I did not go to a game since I started following the team. Will try to get to a couple this year at the Garden.

I usually wind up attending more Alumni Hall games.