Polee

• 40 replies
Polee
« on: October 26, 2010, 06:08:40 PM »
Will he be the best player on the team by mid season?

Has Kennedy hit his ceiling? Can Hardy be more than 1 dimenionsal? Can Burrell get healthy and become what we thought he would?

I go with the freshman

Re: Polee
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 06:21:34 PM »
Is Baldi onto something here? Certainly someone must have a comment about this. Jeez discussion has been slow.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Wods317

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 06:32:04 PM »
He wont even be close to the best. Polee has a lot of skill but he is raw and wont be close to our best player in my opinion. I think he will improve this year a lot and be a real asset next year but for this season I would put Burrell, DJ, Hardy, and Horne above him even by seasons end.

Poison

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 06:33:52 PM »
We need to see Polee play in some games first before we say anything.

Hopefully, he's ready.

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 06:41:34 PM »
I think he might already be our best finisher and shot blocker. When he gets a few games under his belt and gains some confidence, sky is the limit. Literally

Poison

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 07:08:19 PM »
Marco, how can we know that? We have yet to take apart Westmont. Whatever that is.

boo3

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 07:22:54 PM »
I think he might already be our best finisher and shot blocker. When he gets a few games under his belt and gains some confidence, sky is the limit. Literally

All from a 3 min youtube highlight film.  What would we do without your insight? He won't be the best player on the team in 2011-2012. 

If he is our best player by mid season that means we aren't having a good year.

kjd01067

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 07:30:45 PM »
I hope Polee can step in and be a contributor from day 1, but DJ is and will be for the whole season the best player on our team.

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 08:11:31 PM »

All from a 3 min youtube highlight film.  What would we do without your insight? He won't be the best player on the team in 2011-2012. 

I went to the Marillac school of breaking down 2 minute clips.

boo3

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 09:36:13 PM »
 Nice !   ;D

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 10:22:43 PM »

+1 haha

matt6

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 10:35:26 PM »
I honestly believe that polee is eventually gunna b r 4..if he can develop a solid midrange jumpshot I feel he can eventually b a all big east player by the time its all said and done

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 11:35:35 PM »

Good one...ridiculous thread, though.  Freshman rarely produce in the first year.  I'm hoping that Polee can have a similar impact to what Hakim Warrick did as a freshman...which is finish like crazy, provide energy, and block and rebound a bit.  I"m sure he'll be pretty nice on the inbounds alley-oops as well.

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 12:07:36 AM »
I agree with Marillac on this one. I'm also glad you got a laugh from about yourself. Also Baldi is Mr. Ridiculous but it got us all talking see I knew there was a reason I made him mod of off topic discussion.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 10:14:20 AM »
Poison, Westmont is an NAIA school in Cali where Steve Lavin's brother in law is the head coach.  Family affair. They're also playing UCLA in the preseason.

DJ Kennedy, even if he's hit his ceiling, is a pretty fantastic player.  I think he'd be better playing off of a dominant and quicker scorer, but I don't see anyone on this team contributing more than DJ. He's locked in when he plays.

jayro

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 11:48:52 AM »
I think DJ is the man for the coming year and if the coaches, in fact, help improve the overall play of the team, DJ will look even better-he has been doing a very good job with little help.  Just MHO.

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 04:40:30 PM »

Good one...ridiculous thread, though.  Freshman rarely produce in the first year.  I'm hoping that Polee can have a similar impact to what Hakim Warrick did as a freshman...which is finish like crazy, provide energy, and block and rebound a bit.  I"m sure he'll be pretty nice on the inbounds alley-oops as well.

So he'll provide energy,rebound,finish like crazy, dunk on some heads-a Warrick type. Looks like you agree with me, he might be our best player. Who else on this team brings all that to the table?

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 04:45:18 PM »
polee will be a star THIS year.  period.

Poison

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 04:50:20 PM »
Let's first see who buys into Lavin's system before we hand over a starting position to a freshman.

If Polee is starting, what does that say about Sean Evans, Rob Thomas & Dele Coker?

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 04:57:00 PM »
Let's first see who buys into Lavin's system before we hand over a starting position to a freshman.

If Polee is starting, what does that say about Sean Evans, Rob Thomas & Dele Coker?

Polee is probably the best recruit brought since Artest. Evans and Coker will get time, Rob Thomas sees mop up minutes