From Georgia Peaches to Big Apple [JohnnyJungle.com]

• 4 replies
From Georgia Peaches to Big Apple [JohnnyJungle.com]
« on: November 09, 2010, 01:27:04 AM »
Before St. John’s, he’s played on home courts in Georgia, across country in San Francisco, to Florida, and now in New York. He has enjoyed recruiting attention with offers from Memphis and Kansas and more. Justin Brownlee has been a nationwide attraction, despite his laid-back nature. But his family roots are what he cherishes the most.

“Growing up I looked up to my brother, Stan. He taught me to work hard, be passionate about what I do and just helped me grow up in general,” Brownlee told me, speaking about how he became a coveted basketball player from his start in Rec Leagues.

He was highly touted by Division 1 programs but he spent time at two Junior Colleges, Chipola Junior College in Florida and City College of San Fran in San Francisco, maturing into a man and becoming a more consistent student. “I know a lot of people want to say Junior College is like two more years of high school, but it really isn’t. You are away from you family and have to fend for yourself,” Brownlee said.

Continue Reading....Coach Lavin's thoughts....Brownlee's expectations

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: From Georgia Peaches to Big Apple [JohnnyJungle.com]
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 02:17:04 AM »
love the headline
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 08:41:00 PM »
"He needs to be mindful that he is capable of imposing his will on the game offensively and defensively.”

This quote is on the money. Instead of settling for the 3 point jumpers(as he did last year), I'd love to see Brownlee pump fake, than go dunk on someones dome.

gonzalo

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 01:36:05 AM »
http://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/2474903848620033

"Justin Brownlee has made the most progress from the end of last season to this season." -- Lavin on WFAN

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 01:38:39 PM »
"He needs to be mindful that he is capable of imposing his will on the game offensively and defensively.”

This quote is on the money. Instead of settling for the 3 point jumpers(as he did last year), I'd love to see Brownlee pump fake, than go dunk on someones dome.

I think that falls under shot selection too. So many times last season we'd take a bad shot and not play to our strengths. Brownlee at times last season was underutilized. He had that nasty 3-4 game stretch last season when Burrell went down.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle