Sean Evans

• 14 replies
Sean Evans
« on: November 09, 2010, 01:40:38 AM »
@shizzy5 Just got done Shootin wit @brownlee32 alot of freethrows gotta get them right

Good for Sean. I hope he's walking the walk as much as he's talking the talk.

I think Sean has A LOT to work on but I want to see him succeed. I could tell he made conscious efforts to pull up his dribble and look for a guard in the scrimmage. I could tell he's thinking out there but I could also tell his confidence is sub par and thats not good.

Can you see Evans being successful in a smaller role this season?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

Re: Sean Evans
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 01:59:14 AM »
@shizzy5 Just got done Shootin wit @brownlee32 alot of freethrows gotta get them right

Good for Sean. I hope he's walking the walk as much as he's talking the talk.

I think Sean has A LOT to work on but I want to see him succeed. I could tell he made conscious efforts to pull up his dribble and look for a guard in the scrimmage. I could tell he's thinking out there but I could also tell his confidence is sub par and thats not good.

Can you see Evans being successful in a smaller role this season?

We need Evans because he rebounds better than anyone.  He had more rebounds than Polee and Brownlee combined.  He needs to get to a point where he is reacting and not thinking.  Once a player gets there, he can really succeed. 

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 02:32:11 AM »
I agree his rebounding is crucial especially if we're looking to run uptempo.

I do have concerns about his awareness playing the zone then again he's surprisingly good at jumping the passing lane. Oh the positives and negatives....what to do.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kjd01067

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 07:15:46 AM »
I hope I am wrong but I just don't see sean having a good year.  He looks uncomfortable on the court and with brownlee and polee already ahead of him and JB on his way back I just dont see him getting a ton of mins.  It kills a guys confidence to be taken out of the starting line up but hopefully sean can bounce back.

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 09:19:13 AM »
Sean needs to get this worked out before BE schedule starts because that's when we will need him the most. He is a senior tryin to make the Tourny for the first time...he will scarific for the Team but yet he still has a role. Not to worried.

Poison

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 09:30:34 AM »
Because we have so much parity in talent, I can see there being a strong need for all of our seniors during the course of the season.

When we're playing Syracuse, Coker and Evans are going to have to be ready for guys like Fab Melo. Not to mention Pitt, GTown, Nova & WV.

Evans and Coker can both be good this year. They just need to keep working hard.  I saw some nice things from both of them in the exhibition.

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 09:56:00 AM »
Even if Polee is the best of the group by midseason,
I hope Lavin starts the seniors- 2 of JB1, JB2, & Evans
(unless Polee is head & shoulders above)
Nobody is going to play 35 minutes.

Polee can still give 20-25 minutes of energy off the bench.
Lets see who does what after 3 games, not 1 exhibition.

If Evans continues rebounding well & the staff helps correct his
minor flaws, you never know, he could still be our best big this year.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 09:59:26 AM by stevep502 »
Molloy '71

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 10:29:35 AM »
Evans brings hustle, energy, rebounding and stupidity every game. He is a perfect bench player. You bring him in hope he provides a spark. If he does great, you ride him until the stupid things he does become a problem then you take him out. I think he will be fine as long as he doesn't pout.

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 10:54:43 AM »
he is a former football player who has uncertain hoops  instincts now.  he brings a lot to the table.  he is not stupid and just needs to be refined more.

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 10:57:40 AM »
he is a former football player who has uncertain hoops  instincts now.  he brings a lot to the table.  he is not stupid and just needs to be refined more.

I do not have access to his SAT scores or GPA. On the basketball court he is a dumb basketball player.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 11:04:31 AM by we are sju »

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 10:59:59 AM »
i really think youll see jb board a lot more this year because of our new running style. Jb loves to make quick outlet passes and if he boards hell be able to do it a lot more..if this happens the need for evans decreases
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 11:07:13 AM »

I do not have access to his SAT scores or GPA. On the basketball court he is a dumb basketball player.

Just to clarify, Evans could be a regular Will Hunting off the court, but on the court he does not play smart. I don't think that is earth shattering to anyone.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 11:17:37 AM by we are sju »

Poison

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 11:11:58 AM »
A lot of our guys didn't play smart basketball. Seriously, outside of Rob Thomas, we have zero savvy big men.

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 12:44:28 PM »
We are going to need Sean to fill 10-15 minutes per game because we are going to start a freshman and our other two true bigs are prone to foul trouble, I think he can be more than serviceable in this role.  He is a perfect backup who will bring some energy and muscle to the court, his flaws begin to show themselves when he gets extended minutes.  Sean has always frustrated me but I always see him practicing his free throws and stuff so he is trying but he just got stuck with the wrong coach to fully develop him.

Tha Kid

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 02:20:51 PM »
I think Sean can have a very big role of bruiser/dirtywork/rebounding if he embraces his role.  From all accounts from the scrimmage, it sounds like he was trying to but it's a work in progress.  I hope he is able to transition smoothly and be a productive member of the team this season.
"I drink and I know things"