Lavin Inks 5 and Attracts More Recruits [JohnnyJungle.com]

• 2 replies
Lavin Inks 5 and Attracts More Recruits [JohnnyJungle.com]
« on: November 12, 2010, 12:44:59 AM »
Head Coach Steve Lavin is doing wonders with the St. John’s program in his first 6 months on the job. It seems like almost every day there is more positive news coming out about the Red Storm. On Thursday, Lavin received his 5th national letter of intent of the class of 2011.

Sir’Dominick Pointer is the fifth player to sign his national letter of intent, following Maurice Harkless, D’Angelo Harrison, JaKarr Sampson and Nurideen Lindsey all who committed on Wednesday.

“This class, which will become one of the largest signed in collegiate basketball, comprises the foundation of the St. John’s program moving forward,” said Lavin. “The arrival of the 2011-12 class, along with an elite returning talent in Dwayne Polee II, is the core group that will carry the Johnnies into the future.”

“I’m glad I got it out of the way,” says Sampson. “Now I can focus on school and basketball.”

For Sampson signing his national letter of intent was not only a big deal for him, but for his mother as well.

“There was weight on my shoulders all summer, calls were coming in every day,” said Sampson. “It had my mom all stressed out but now that it’s over with she finally has peace of mind.”

Read More....Quotes from JaKarr Sampson, Nuri Lindsey, Steve Lavin, and 2013 recruit Isaiah Lewis

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Lavin Inks 5 and Attracts More Recruits [JohnnyJungle.com]
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 09:31:21 AM »
I love it!

Sampson confidently said that people better be ready, “we are going to hit the ground running.”

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Re: Lavin Inks 5 and Attracts More Recruits [JohnnyJungle.com]
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 01:18:05 PM »
I like that all these kids seem to know each other and are excited for one another.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle