Michael Chandler - C - NW FLorida JUCO - Indianapolis, IN - OREGON

• 315 replies
Re: Michael Chandler - C - Lawrence North - Indianapolis, IN
« Reply #120 on: April 10, 2012, 06:49:23 PM »
I remember scotch claiming to have seen Mase on campus after his sophomore year and saying he was close to 6'9 and draining 3's like they were free throws :P

LMAO I remember that quote like it was yesterday

LOL good times Pat.  Those were goooooooooood times.  #exceptnotreally

haha its good to see hes still getting his post game on somewhere. just glad its not here. really glad
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

ris

« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2012, 04:36:29 PM »
I hope we land both but IMO landing Obekpa is more important for defense, and because he's a local guy, and losing another local target who is viewed as a difference maker on defense to Cinci would be embarrassing.

We need to continue to prove that we are strong in NY.

I agree to you. But arenĀ“t you the guy who has said several times that the New York City players are overrated?

Poison

« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2012, 05:25:54 PM »
We shouldn't stop recruiting NY, but holding our breath for one overrated punk like Lance Stephenson is what I'm talking about avoiding. When he was in high school he was a legend. When he got to the BE, he's All BE honorable mention. In other words, overrated.

That said, while we don't want to lick their balls, we do want them to know that this is the best place for them. There should still be a connection to NYC/LI/West etc but it should never be our only resource for talent. Lavin wants NY kids, and he should, but his job regarding NY is to make sure there is an understanding. We want them, but we are not going to chase them forever.

These kids have way too much power for the kind of players they've all turned out to be.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 05:29:30 PM by Poison »

« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2012, 07:35:15 AM »
That said, while we don't want to lick their balls

Very elegant description...Unless they are "Schwetty"

pmg911

« Reply #124 on: April 12, 2012, 08:37:54 AM »
was a big proponent of this here site back in the day. should not be forgotten.

Because it was the only place he was permitted to post at the time...

Gumby

« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2012, 11:21:32 AM »
Any news on Michael?  I know he is not going to OR.  Boy, would it be nice to get a center like him for the upcoming season.  He certainly would enter into the "Starting Five" debate.

« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2012, 05:42:47 PM »
when can we expect some news?

paultzman

« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2012, 05:47:24 PM »
Perhaps we are protecting our flanks with Nolan visit this weekend, pending outcome with Chandler's eligibility. May not be a good point if that process is glacial, like it always is. Staff has my trust on a tricky situation. Chandler the better player, but let's see.

Poison

« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2012, 05:49:58 PM »
Perhaps we are protecting our flanks with Nolan visit this weekend, pending outcome with Chandler's eligibility. May not be a good point if that process is glacial, like it always is. Staff has my trust on a tricky situation. Chandler the better player, but let's see.

I do not believe Lavin would go into next season without a center. What happened last year won't happen again. Not with this staff.

paultzman

« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2012, 05:56:14 PM »

I do not believe Lavin would go into next season without a center. What happened last year won't happen again. Not with this staff.

Agree Poison

wpc77

« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2012, 09:52:39 AM »
Not sure why we are even considering this kid given his past and the people who surround him.  Very surprising actually.  I think Moose will back me up on this.  I hope we get Nolan instead.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 09:52:53 AM by wpc77 »

Moose

« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2012, 10:50:22 AM »
Not sure why we are even considering this kid given his past and the people who surround him.  Very surprising actually.  I think Moose will back me up on this.  I hope we get Nolan instead.

I've changed my tune.  Its worth the risk.
Remember who broke the Slice news

wpc77

« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2012, 11:16:44 AM »
Fair enough.  People I know who are dialed into the Indiana AAU circuit say to stay away from this.  Very bad idea in their mind.

Moose

« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2012, 11:33:10 AM »
Fair enough.  People I know who are dialed into the Indiana AAU circuit say to stay away from this.  Very bad idea in their mind.

Staff feels they can take a risk.  I really can't fault them for that.  Some will feel otherwise.  If Grades are resolved, you'd hope the other stuff is now past him.

wpc77

« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2012, 11:40:21 AM »
If he's still connected to Derrick Rose's brother, everyone should pass.  That's the guy in the middle of the Boaright-UConn issue, and in Memphis vacating their final 4.  And Chandler's AAU coach and the face of all conversations with the kid through 2011 (not sure about now).

Moose

« Reply #135 on: April 24, 2012, 11:43:08 AM »
If he's still connected to Derrick Rose's brother, everyone should pass.  That's the guy in the middle of the Boaright-UConn issue, and in Memphis vacating their final 4.  And Chandler's AAU coach and the face of all conversations with the kid through 2011 (not sure about now).

Thought all the extra curricular things were cleared during the UCF recruitment and it was just grades.  But of course its fair point.  This staff is extremely diligent with that stuff however.

paultzman

« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2012, 11:46:37 AM »

Thought all the extra curricular things were cleared during the UCF recruitment and it was just grades.  But of course its fair point.  This staff is extremely diligent with that stuff however.

Exactly! Confident that staff is conscious of risks and assessing accordingly. IMO, this kid, second to getting JaKarr back, is the crown jewel of the puzzle!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 11:47:42 AM by jumpinjohnny »

« Reply #137 on: April 24, 2012, 11:49:07 AM »
I don't care about academic risks it's the street agent stuff that scares me.  Especially as high profile as the UCF thing was.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Moose

« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2012, 11:51:33 AM »
I don't care about academic risks it's the street agent stuff that scares me.  Especially as high profile as the UCF thing was.

And all I've heard is academic stuff so it seems the other stuff has been cleared.

lihoop

« Reply #139 on: April 25, 2012, 07:37:58 AM »

Kieran_Lynch RT @SRod021: I was just told 6'10 center michael Chandler is a done deal at st johns if he qualifies #stjbb