Backup Frontcourt Minutes

• 11 replies
Backup Frontcourt Minutes
« on: February 09, 2008, 03:09:34 PM »
Since the establishment of Sean Evans in the starting lineup I've been upset seeing Tomas in there even for little amount of time. I'm usually a lone Tomas supporter sometimes but his feet are so slow on defense. Dele has been buried on the bench and hasn't seen the court lately. So I pose the question who would you rather see in the 8-10 min a game?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 03:10:09 PM by JJ »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

Re: Backup Frontcourt Minutes
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 03:13:50 PM »
coker defintely.  TJ is just terrible at everything.  atleast coker has a decent shot, athletic and can block a shot or two.  TJ can do absolutely nothing except cheer lead. seriously.

kjd01067

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 03:22:13 PM »
Its Coker for me too.  I think he has a bright future and just like we have seen with boothe and evans needs minutes so he can show of his true stuff.  TJ is a great guy and a great motivator but Norm has recruited over him and he is battling some health problems.

Al

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 04:30:43 PM »
Coker..............TJ is a poor man's Sean Muto.

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 04:40:06 PM »
Having Tomas in the game is pretty much like playing 5 on 4 with a 7 foot traffic cone under the basket. He is pretty good at waving towels on the bench though.

Randomhero423

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 04:50:22 PM »
who voted for tomas and why? jw.

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 06:12:17 PM »
TJ hustled on defense.  He was guarding down low and jumping out to defend the three when no one else rotated.  The kid has limited skills but he tries so hard.

Can't we enjoy the win and wait for the next loss to knock the kids/team/coach?

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 06:28:56 PM »
TJ hustled on defense.  He was guarding down low and jumping out to defend the three when no one else rotated.  The kid has limited skills but he tries so hard.

Can't we enjoy the win and wait for the next loss to knock the kids/team/coach?

He also got blown by twice when he came to the perimeter to guard. I'm all for enjoying the win but I call it how I see it. I've stuck up for Tomas when no one has when I thought he has done well but he is soooo slow laterally and he hurts us a lot because of it. I just wanted to know what others thought

Randomhero423

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 06:30:14 PM »
it's also a fair question since tj is playing and coker hasn't seen the light of day recently.

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 11:06:44 AM »
i guess the people have spoken Dele over whelming 13-3 in the voting

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 11:40:21 AM »
TJ gets blown by... but I haven't seen a guy Coker's size get such terrible position in the post.  I'd rather see TJ get in there, block his shot, pick up his 2 fouls... every so often he gets a couple of rebounds too.  Coker's been an underwhelming rebounder, and he's GOT to be better-- we need more players who clean the glass.

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 11:48:24 AM »
TJ did have 2 blks in 10 min against Rutgers

I agree with a lot you said about Coker too Peter it seems he is horrible going back up after getting a rebound too but he usually gets fouled. I'd work on his hands alot over the summer