My 1st ever important post - Really

• 18 replies
My 1st ever important post - Really
« on: February 04, 2011, 02:02:04 AM »
After thousands of poorly produced interweb posts of pure drivel spanning more than a decade,  I have finally come up with a great idea that I know will actually help the team.  Kindly turn your attention to the following Alumni hall free throw statistics:

Columbia 73%  Us 65%
Wagner   77%  Us 61%
Bonnies   82%  Us 50%
Cinc.        86%  Us 46%
Rutgers   64%  Us 64% 

All we have to do is get the students behind the baskets to switch their current free throw routines for us and our opponents and we'll never lose another game on campus.

To clarify:
1) When we are shooting the fans should scream, jump around, wave signs and letters and do everything possible in an attempt to distract our shooters.

2) When the enemy is shooting they should simply put their arms up in the air and remain completely still and silent.

If anybody in the student section has the clout to make this happen, I'm sure that the Ncaa bid this year will be ours and our return to college basketball prominence will be quickly upon us.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 02:23:57 AM by carmineabbatiello »

Wods317

Re: My 1st ever important post - Really
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 12:51:02 PM »
Our fans are not going to to try to distract our won shooters that is ridiculous, I hope your kidding about that. I don't know why we shoot so poorly at CA this year but it has to be in their heads because theres no good reason for the % to be that low. Free throws cost us the Cincy game and the Bonnies games but they have also won us a few games.

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 12:56:31 PM »
The only way to improve our % is to have Hardy, Brownlee and DJ take all the FT. Burrell and Horne s/b better but are not  good and Evans and Boothe should never attempt any. If they are fouled they should pretend to be injured.

Moose

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 01:07:09 PM »
After thousands of poorly produced interweb posts of pure drivel spanning more than a decade,  I have finally come up with a great idea that I know will actually help the team.  Kindly turn your attention to the following Alumni hall free throw statistics:

Columbia 73%  Us 65%
Wagner   77%  Us 61%
Bonnies   82%  Us 50%
Cinc.        86%  Us 46%
Rutgers   64%  Us 64% 

All we have to do is get the students behind the baskets to switch their current free throw routines for us and our opponents and we'll never lose another game on campus.

To clarify:
1) When we are shooting the fans should scream, jump around, wave signs and letters and do everything possible in an attempt to distract our shooters.

2) When the enemy is shooting they should simply put their arms up in the air and remain completely still and silent.

If anybody in the student section has the clout to make this happen, I'm sure that the Ncaa bid this year will be ours and our return to college basketball prominence will be quickly upon us.

You mean you got this from Redmen.com.  Or were you the one who posted it there?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 01:21:54 PM »

Columbia 73%  Us 65%
Wagner   77%  Us 61%
Bonnies   82%  Us 50%
Cinc.        86%  Us 46%
Rutgers   64%  Us 64% 

To clarify:

You mean you got this from Redmen.com.  Or were you the one who posted it there?

Or you could just post on the topic that is here...
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 01:31:21 PM »

Columbia 73%  Us 65%
Wagner   77%  Us 61%
Bonnies   82%  Us 50%
Cinc.        86%  Us 46%
Rutgers   64%  Us 64% 

To clarify:

Its called giving credit where credit is due.  Someone there took the time to compile the numbers and make a post and pretty much the same suggestions.  Heck it might be the same exact person I don't know.  If so the point is moot.  Regardless I don't think its being that out of line posting what I did.

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 02:25:13 PM »
The only way to improve our % is to have Hardy, Brownlee and DJ take all the FT. Burrell and Horne s/b better but are not  good and Evans and Boothe should never attempt any. If they are fouled they should pretend to be injured.

Hardy boys was 4 for 8; JB2 was 1 for 3; and Prez was 3 for 5  last game.  8 for 16 combined and far less than the teams 64%.  JB1 was 6 for 6.  The problem runs far, far deeper than just having certain players you deem worthy at the line.  That's why I'm proposing such a radical change for this problem.  Sometimes you got to think out of the box.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 02:33:27 PM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 02:29:35 PM »

Columbia 73%  Us 65%
Wagner   77%  Us 61%
Bonnies   82%  Us 50%
Cinc.        86%  Us 46%
Rutgers   64%  Us 64% 

To clarify:

I've never plagiarized a post or term paper in my life......well at least not a post.   I can't help it if people bite my sh*t.

What is this Redmen.com thing you speak of?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 02:46:27 PM by carmineabbatiello »

Moose

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 02:37:30 PM »

Columbia 73%  Us 65%
Wagner   77%  Us 61%
Bonnies   82%  Us 50%
Cinc.        86%  Us 46%
Rutgers   64%  Us 64% 

To clarify:

I've never plagiarized a post or term paper in my life.  I can't help it if people bite my sh*t.

What is this Redmen.com thing you speak of?

Sure thing.

Poison

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 03:05:24 PM »
Really seems like we get up for some games, and we don't show for others. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we finished the season at .500-it's what we've been doing.

3 years now, and that killer instinct still isn't there. If we rebounded better against RU, we'd have won by 15.

tims19

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 07:15:29 PM »
if you get the stats that say when we our players shoot better free throws at away games, and the stats that say the upcoming opponents shoot worse free throws at there home games maybe well make that happen, all it means is our team cant shoot for shit,... doesn't mean its because the fans are behind them in their free throw attempts

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 11:43:36 PM »
all it means is our team cant shoot for shit,

That's not true.  It means that they can't shoot for shit at Alumni hall straight into the student backdrop.  At the garden and on the road they are shooting great from the line.

tims19

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 12:22:43 AM »
like i said, show me the stats

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 01:49:48 AM »

Columbia 73%  Us 65%
Wagner   77%  Us 61%
Bonnies   82%  Us 50%
Cinc.        86%  Us 46%
Rutgers   64%  Us 64% 

To clarify:

Its called giving credit where credit is due.  Someone there took the time to compile the numbers and make a post and pretty much the same suggestions.  Heck it might be the same exact person I don't know.  If so the point is moot.  Regardless I don't think its being that out of line posting what I did.

You've been making posts like this more often than not.

Moose

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 10:27:37 AM »

Columbia 73%  Us 65%
Wagner   77%  Us 61%
Bonnies   82%  Us 50%
Cinc.        86%  Us 46%
Rutgers   64%  Us 64% 

To clarify:

I've stuck up for you plenty.  But the majority of your posts on the other sides are pleading with people to vote in your Audi competition or posting your feature articles, and not much else.  I'll try to stay away from here in the future then.  Good luck.

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 10:55:38 AM »

Columbia 73%  Us 65%
Wagner   77%  Us 61%
Bonnies   82%  Us 50%
Cinc.        86%  Us 46%
Rutgers   64%  Us 64% 

To clarify:

I've stuck up for you plenty.  But the majority of your posts on the other sides are pleading with people to vote in your Audi competition or posting your feature articles, and not much else.  I'll try to stay away from here in the future then.  Good luck.

Oh stop. Looks like I'm buying you beers after next game.

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 11:15:38 AM »
like i said, show me the stats

Tims you're a freshmen so I'll fogive you.  You should know that whatever words of wisdom fly off my fingertips can simply be accepted as fact verbatim.  If I post something you can just assume that it's true and take it to the bank.  Anyone who's read me for a while will verify this.

However:
* Games @ CA

Columbia 13-20 65.0%
Wagner 22-36 61.1%
St. Bon 10-20 50.0%
Cincy 12-26 46.2%
Rutgers 20-31 64.5%

Total 77-133 57.9%

Games @ MSG

Davidson 19-26 73.1%
N.W. 16-21 76.2%
G.T. 18-23 78.3%
Cuse 15-20 75.0%
ND 24-29 82.8%
Duke 26-33 78.8%

Total 118-152 77.6%

On The Road or Neutral Site

161-223 72.2%

* I would like to thank my buddy the Beast for compiling these stats.

boo3

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 11:57:50 AM »
  these are basketball websites fellas.  We are fans of the same team.  Sometimes you guys act like this is the Bloods vs the Crips.   

I find myself posting on RM.com a little more lately but that is just because some of the guys over there are completely out of their minds.  Makes it fun.  Here, only Baldi is that crazy.  That Ricky Smith guy is a chararcter .   ;)

Point is.  Don't leave Moose.  We love you buddy.  Your contributions would be missed.

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 12:46:40 PM »
meanbearpig asks why does  the team shoot liek 17-18 wen down by 20 to lville but 12-26 at home vs cincy. i hope its not nerves