Hardy or Hatten

• 79 replies
Re: Hardy or Hatten
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2011, 10:09:18 PM »
No its more like, u have no idea how good hatten was.  Hardy could avg 25 the resr of the year and there would still be no comparison.  Hatten dominated his entire time here. 

Unless u plan on writing an article about how hardy is inferior to hatten - which is pointless since hes been very good lately and deserves praise - save your fingers.  Or find a new theme. 

Cranky pants

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2011, 10:59:14 PM »
No its more like, u have no idea how good hatten was.  Hardy could avg 25 the resr of the year and there would still be no comparison.  Hatten dominated his entire time here. 

Unless u plan on writing an article about how hardy is inferior to hatten - which is pointless since hes been very good lately and deserves praise - save your fingers.  Or find a new theme. 

...Deep breath... I guess you'll just have to wait and see.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Tha Kid

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2011, 11:13:15 PM »
Dont spend too long changing the article entirely just bc u got a history lesson tonight...
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2011, 11:35:34 PM »
Dont spend too long changing the article entirely just bc u got a history lesson tonight...

Well you're killing for me something I haven't done however if you want to reread your history books the numbers per 40 are much closer than you think.

Poison

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2011, 11:52:40 PM »
Dave, I'll give ya this:

Hatten went 9-7, and 7-9 in two seasons here.
Or should I say a poor Jarvis recruited team had those marks.

But, right now, Hardy's Johnnies are 5-5. If we should finish with
a stronger winning %, and Hardy is putting up 25 a game, we'll have
something to go on.

However, Hardy needs to bring it every game, because Hatten almost always did.
Villanova, Pitt and Uconn are coming up. We'll need at least one of those just to stay alive.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 11:55:03 PM by Poison »

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2011, 08:23:33 AM »
Poison I'm on your line of thinking. Excellent post.

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2011, 10:33:21 AM »
Hatten was much better and might have had a worse collection of players around him. I have been following the team since Mullin's, Frosh year and I have Hatten in my top 10 all time.

One note, with this team and the awful offense Lavin has chose to run it would not be a bad idea to just let Hardy go off every game, at the very least the ball should be in his hands we we start our offense with 9 seconds on the clock.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2011, 11:07:43 AM »
I don't know that Hardy holds a candle to Hatten - but not in the ways you think. Hatten was awesome at taking up possessions and taking shots. He wasn't always great at making them. Hardy can't get his shot as readily as Hatten, and he's much less of a passer.

But don't you remember all the bricks that team laid when Hatten and Ingram played together? I watched as many games as I could - and had been for years - and that was some extreme one-on-one basketball. Hatten missed a lot of shots. Probably because his supporting cast was garbage, but still.

When Marcus was on his roll at the end of the 02-03 season? He was pretty awesome.

TONYD3

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2011, 11:27:40 AM »
I voted hatten, same reasons given by others. Never understood why he never got a chance to play in NBA. I know he was small real small but he was Iverson good in college. Not sure his game would have translated but he wasn't even given a chance.
As good as Hatten was I like our current team much better. if Hatten was on we had a chance. If not it got ugly quick.

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2011, 12:03:29 PM »
I don't know that Hardy holds a candle to Hatten - but not in the ways you think. Hatten was awesome at taking up possessions and taking shots. He wasn't always great at making them. Hardy can't get his shot as readily as Hatten, and he's much less of a passer.

But don't you remember all the bricks that team laid when Hatten and Ingram played together? I watched as many games as I could - and had been for years - and that was some extreme one-on-one basketball. Hatten missed a lot of shots. Probably because his supporting cast was garbage, but still.

When Marcus was on his roll at the end of the 02-03 season? He was pretty awesome.

Hatten was much more of a theft too. His defense was head and shoulders above Hardy.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2011, 12:12:17 PM »
I voted hatten, same reasons given by others. Never understood why he never got a chance to play in NBA. I know he was small real small but he was Iverson good in college. Not sure his game would have translated but he wasn't even given a chance.
As good as Hatten was I like our current team much better. if Hatten was on we had a chance. If not it got ugly quick.
Oh man, I hated the "we hope Hatten gets a chance in the NBA" talk that announcers had during EVERY GAME. If the NBA drafted/ signed heart? He'd be there (and a whole bunch of mopes would be out). But the NBA is looking for guys who are physically (size-wise) competitive, and players who can convert shots. Hatten projected REALLY badly; his best scoring asset was his quickness, and he wouldn't have been as dominant in the NBA with his shooting streakiness.

And he was just too small for a passing shooting guard. Loved him, but he's a great college and Euro player.

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2011, 12:17:31 PM »
Hatten had a brief stint with the Denver Nuggets I believe.

Poison

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2011, 12:26:53 PM »
It's never good when you get busted for drugs right before NBA teams are making their final cuts.

tims19

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2011, 12:58:50 PM »
It's never good when you get busted for drugs right before NBA teams are making their final cuts.

meh, works ok if your ron artest.... also how was the big east back in the days of hatten.... not voting for hardy just curious, cause big east is well beast right now,... barring depaul of course

Poison

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2011, 01:12:03 PM »
Hatten's senior year, the BE won the National Championship.

gonzalo

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2011, 02:23:30 PM »
Hatten was much better and might have had a worse collection of players around him.

Hatten played with Elijah Ingram (McDonald´s All American), Anthony Glover (Top 50 player).

Willie Shaw, Kyle Cuffe and Mohamed Diakite were Top-100 players.

http://statsheet.com/bhsb/recruiting_class/2000

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2011, 02:59:46 PM »
Hatten was much better and might have had a worse collection of players around him.

Hatten played with Elijah Ingram (McDonald´s All American), Anthony Glover (Top 50 player).

Willie Shaw, Kyle Cuffe and Mohamed Diakite were Top-100 players.

http://statsheet.com/bhsb/recruiting_class/2000

Was going on what they did while here. Outside of Glover and Shaw's frosh season that group was awful. DJ, Brownlee and Horne have had better careers than that group outside of Glover.

Poison

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2011, 03:03:59 PM »
I am mystified as to how Diakite was a top 100 player.
Curtis Johnson was better than him.

nrb155

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2011, 03:13:03 PM »
 leave poor stone foot Curti out of it..... hatten is leaps and bounds better than Hardy.... better leader too
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 12:20:41 PM by nrb155 »

boo3

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2011, 04:32:53 PM »
 Hatten years  -   games were fun.  I had a blast during his two seasons here.

Hardy years- Games have been pretty brutal for the most part with a few notable exceptions.

Hatten had a ton of steals and even blocks at times.

Hardy- doesn't even try to get back on defense

Not sure getting busted with a joint is why anyone doesn't get a shot at the NBA.  some may even say its a prerequisite.