The Kemba Show Comes Home [Calm Before the Storm]

• 8 replies

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
The Kemba Show Comes Home [Calm Before the Storm]
« on: February 08, 2011, 09:52:11 PM »
Kemba is a likely first-round NBA draft pick. Kemba has a shot at national Player of the Year. He is one of ten finalists for the Cousy Award. Kemba holds the Huskies together like maybe no other player on a major conference team does. Kemba keeps Jim Calhoun from crying in his sleep over losses and taking more leaves of absence. I think Kemba even keeps the snowfall manageable in Storrs, CT.

We all wanted to see the Huskies wither and die (or at least I did). Kemba Walker – once St. John’s Director of Basketball Operations Mo Hicks’ point guard at Rice – is a part of a stingy team defense that has Husky fans thinking big after being left for near-dead in the offseason. Despite looking like a one-man team, the Huskies are tough as ever, and will be hard to handle for the Red Storm.

But… St. John’s gets the Huskies in the Garden, which has been closer to a home-court advantage than it has been for years.

Read more.

Wods317

Re: The Kemba Show Comes Home [Calm Before the Storm]
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 10:31:54 PM »
I think Horne will do a great job on Kemba and slow him down. UConn has some nice role players though that if you forget about them can burn you also. I think we matchup pretty well with them and I think that we will win Thursday night. Hardy and Brownlee have huge games and Paris stays all over Kemba. UConn is a solid team but I think they are overrated ad with the way we have been playing at the Garden I really like our chances. SJU 72 UConn 64.

Poison

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 10:36:06 PM »
Chudney Gray 67
Ajou Deng 63

In a completely unexpected move, Dele Coker is asked to guard Kemba Walker. 4 seconds after the opening tip, Walker suffers a season and career ending decapitation.

No foul was called. Calhoun is ejected, and then beaten with sticks by Garden security for walking onto the court while trying to exit.

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 12:58:44 AM »
All that is good, pure and right with the world - 69
The evil empire                                                 - 68

We somehow need to get Hilton on Kimba as much as possible although I'm not sure how it will work out of our various zone -trap packages and/or leaving Ed Hardy and Malik II to guard much larger two guards.

If Malik II is stuck one on one with Kimba he'll average a foul a minute. 

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 11:18:38 AM »
Chudney Gray 67
Ajou Deng 63

In a completely unexpected move, Dele Coker is asked to guard Kemba Walker. 4 seconds after the opening tip, Walker suffers a season and career ending decapitation.

No foul was called. Calhoun is ejected, and then beaten with sticks by Garden security for walking onto the court while trying to exit.
Beautiful

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 12:11:35 PM »
School with the free laptops  72
School that steals laptops     74

Kemba Walker, Kemba Walker, and Kemba Walker - Stop him and we will be fine.  He always plays well at the garden though so i see a loss.

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 12:29:39 PM »
58-51 St Johns...I think it'll be ugly and we will shut down Kemba.  Wishful thinking, but I really don't think UCONN is that good.

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 01:33:34 PM »
I really hope Im wrong but I think you guys are dreaming...no way we score into the 60s+.

old wrinkley white coach 71
hollywood                        58

redslope

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 03:55:02 PM »
in 5 of our conference games we have scored under 60 points.  The only way we win these games is by playing tough defense.  with brownlee hurting our scoring will be difficult thus our defense must be lock down.  The uglier game the better.  Our lads do not get frustrated by missed shots as they have much experience in such; however, as good as Kemba has played this year, he is just a likely to go 7 for 25 with no threes.  team in red shoes 56; other guys 54.