South Florida Senior Night

• 15 replies
South Florida Senior Night
« on: February 16, 2011, 09:57:26 AM »
Get your tickets now boys.  This one will be a sellout and one that we the hardcore should not miss.

When all is said and done I'm hoping that the longest and loudest cheering of the year did not occur in the closing minutes of the Puke, Ucan't and Pitt wins, but rather when our 10 seniors and their parents, grandparents and guardians walk out with flowers on this proud evening.

Re: South Florida Senior Night
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 10:20:01 AM »
this team deserves a real nice applause. no other class in our history has stuck through such hard times. Maybe Feliepe and zendons class could make a cass but i was just a real youngin then
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

boo3

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 08:18:23 PM »
  I heard Norm might be there.  No joke.  Not that it matters, to me at least.

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 08:41:41 PM »
  I heard Norm might be there.  No joke.  Not that it matters, to me at least.

As long as he doesn't speak or anything like that it is perfectly fine for him to be there to support kids he spent 3 years of his life with.  He was a good soldier and tried his hardest for 6 years but just wasn't good enough.  I have no ill-will towards Norm as a person at all.  He seems genuinely happy for the kids when he analyzes our games on SNY, who are we to say that he can't sit in the crowd and give support to kids he loves.

redslope

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 08:55:52 PM »
this team deserves a real nice applause. no other class in our history has stuck through such hard times. Maybe Feliepe and zendons class could make a cass but i was just a real youngin then

agree. in addition the senior cheerleaders and senior dance team members that had to smile and try to create enthusiasm during the first 3 years when there was only dread and despair derserve a big cheer for their efforts

Tha Kid

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 09:44:33 PM »
Tha kid already has his tix.  Veryproud of these kids.  Norm is a class act, even id he spoke im sure it would be appropriate and complimentary of lavs. 
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 09:49:22 PM »
Tha kid already has his tix.  Veryproud of these kids.  Norm is a class act, even id he spoke im sure it would be appropriate and complimentary of lavs. 

Yea, I wouldn't be afraid of what he has to say, but rather I'm afraid that it would upstage the game and task at hand and become a bit of a sideshow, with some portions of the crowd booing and whatnot.  It just wouldn't be necessary.  But if he wants to show his support in the stands, then I have absolutely no problem with that.

Poison

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 10:04:08 PM »
These kids were subjected to Roberts for 3 years. This is their time now. He has no place at senior night. Never once did he own up to his own shortcomings. He threw them under the bus every time they lost. Is that class?

tims19

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 10:59:42 PM »

agree. in addition the senior cheerleaders and senior dance team members that had to smile and try to create enthusiasm during the first 3 years when there was only dread and despair derserve a big cheer for their efforts

well the dance team was second in the country,... they did their own thing and did it good so they cant be upset about it,... also good for norm, why not, hes is definatly a fan, has to be, let him suport the team like any other person, i bet louie will be there and he will be recieved well, lets recieve norm, he wasnt the best coach, but he was a coach, and he did try, just failed

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 11:16:22 PM »
manbearpig has season tix and will be there. hope for no more house of horros in CA

redslope

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 10:54:18 AM »
i'll be there as i have for the last 30+ years and will cheer the lads on as I have always done for the seniors but this one seems to be more emotional than most of the others.  the dificulties they have had to overcome to achieve success and they way they stuck to it through some deeply embarassing games is to be admired.

this is SENIOR NIGHT and not coaches night; therefore, they should be the focus and not the current or past coaches.  Norm could attended and sit with Coach Lou and Coach Mo and be introduced during the game.  that way any "boo's" could be covered up by "Lou's" and no one would be embarassed.

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 11:35:24 AM »
I'll be there to applaud a team  that's shown us that we didn't have to wait for a celebrated recruiting class to become a force in college basketball.

I think that booing would be singularly inappropriate that night -  particularly any directed towards Norm Roberts who is a beloved mentor in the eyes of  the players we are honoring,

Poison

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 12:13:18 PM »
On the other hand, I guess if you go to the store and buy the groceries, then your wife cooks an amazing meal, you can take some credit for it.

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2011, 03:14:46 PM »
more emotional than most of the others.  the dificulties they have had to overcome to achieve success and they way they stuck to it through some deeply embarassing games is to be admired.

My point exactly.  The sheer numbers of em plus the rags to riches story being written as we speak makes this the most compelling senior night in ages. 

That's why I want my posting brothers and the entire Abbatiello posse there to witness it.

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 04:58:11 PM »
On the other hand, I guess if you go to the store and buy the groceries, then your wife cooks an amazing meal, you can take some credit for it.

thats a nice anology right there
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 07:35:45 PM »
ill be there. cheering on. i think i would give norm a cheer. given the circumstances, i think he did an ok job. he was the transitionary coach, he got us from the darkness to the light. he laid the foundation for success.