DJ Scoring Watch

• 24 replies
DJ Scoring Watch
« on: February 17, 2011, 11:06:51 PM »
DJ is moving up the ranks on St. John's All-Time scoring list. He passed Walter Berry last game

http://johnnyjungle.com/columns/over-the-airwaves/dj-kennedy-passes-walter-berry/
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

Re: DJ Scoring Watch
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 11:12:04 PM »
Walter Berry played 2 years here. This not an appropriate comparison.
Incidently, he also outscored Ron Artest, Bootsy Thornton and Erick Barkley.

sjd8886

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 12:21:54 AM »

amazing how good we all thought he was for years, then when the team becomes successful he fades to a 3rd or 4th scoring option...enjoy the dleague dj

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 12:22:54 AM »

I'm not sure where there was a comparison made.

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 12:24:45 AM »

amazing how good we all thought he was for years, then when the team becomes successful he fades to a 3rd or 4th scoring option...enjoy the dleague dj

Really?  ???

Perhaps I'm reading this wrong but this seems pretty backhanded.

Poison

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 09:12:26 AM »
Woa, SJD, Let's take it easy on DJ. He was ranked around 150 nationally when he signed on to play here, and I think he's overachieved. Expecting him to be a 22-25 ppg guy was never fair. No one else was able to step up in past years, but at least he usually brought his A game. 

Now, as a 3rd or 4th option, he's doing just fine. It no longer matters if he drops 25 a game. We can win with him giving us 10 points, 6 boards, 3 dimes and 2 steals. His defense is important as well.

And, I'm not so sure he can't improve enough from now until the 12-13 NBA season to catch on. He can play multiple positions, and he's in great physical shape. Ripping on one of our own who's been about the best we've had in 7 years is unacceptable, and it should be unacceptable to any SJU fan. These are kids, not pros. Go rip on the Knicks.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 09:41:02 PM by Poison »

kob24

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 11:40:18 AM »
Sjd he still will have accomplished more than anything u have done. And he gets way more women stop hating

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 11:53:27 AM »
Sjd he still will have accomplished more than anything u have done. And he gets way more women stop hating

Damn kob where you been?

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 09:13:27 PM »
manbearpig asks where can i see the list of all  time point scorers?

Tha Kid

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 09:39:29 PM »
Not sure why anyone is hating.  No one compared him to any of those players, but he did pass them. Fact.  Is he better than any of them? Probably not, but no one is saying he is.

DJ has been turning it on and I expect big plays from him the rest of the way.  Pun intended.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 09:57:12 PM »

Starting on page 4 of the PDF, it has the list of the top scorers as of 2008. They couldnt find a better picture of Bootsy?

http://www.redstormsports.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/stjo/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/records
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 10:05:22 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 10:39:15 PM »
Hardy might be carrying the team scoring but we arent going to go anywhere without DJ having glue type games also.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 10:40:06 PM by mjmaherjr »

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 10:41:53 PM »

Check out the Junglepedia link at the top....top 10 career leaders.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 12:01:32 AM »

Check out the Junglepedia link at the top....top 10 career leaders.

there's scoring average. but not points scored.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 12:01:58 AM by theoffspring447 »

sjd8886

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2011, 01:04:59 AM »

you mean accomplished more in basketball? bc i dont play it and never have...so by that token, you might as well said your son has accomplished more in call of duty online than me...but comparatively let me take the time out to say, i was All-Atlantic 10 in track, two time conference champion, 3 time runner up, ALL-MET second team twice, have two degrees from top 25 programs, one an undergrad, another an MBA, and a job which nets me nearly 6 figures...so until he makes the nba *starting my stopwatch now* ive actually accomplished more than him...i wont say i have accomplished more than you, bc unlike you, i prefer not to make claims with which i know nothing

Poison

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2011, 08:10:23 AM »
You have an MBA, and you make almost 6 figures?

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2011, 09:22:34 AM »
I would think if DJ continues to play like the old DJ he can make a lot of money overseas which I think is pretty cool

sjd8886

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 07:36:28 PM »

im 24 dude, almost 6 figures is bad? kinda in a recession here...regardless, not trying to be immature or boast or anything...just have some idiot who doesnt know me or anything ive accomplished over my life, saying dj has done more than anything ive ever done...so let the record show to said idiot, that ive worked my ass off my entire life and have achieved a lot, and am damn proud of it, and if KOB wants to continue this conversation at the next home game, then we can do that...i know a lot of people who enjoy the comfort of the internet way too much

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2011, 09:29:27 PM »
SJD cool off and enjoy the Pitt win!
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2011, 10:20:46 PM »

im 24 dude, almost 6 figures is bad? kinda in a recession here...regardless, not trying to be immature or boast or anything...just have some idiot who doesnt know me or anything ive accomplished over my life, saying dj has done more than anything ive ever done...so let the record show to said idiot, that ive worked my ass off my entire life and have achieved a lot, and am damn proud of it, and if KOB wants to continue this conversation at the next home game, then we can do that...i know a lot of people who enjoy the comfort of the internet way too much

Dave starts a thread about DJ moving up the all time scoring list and you take a pointless shot at him?  Then when someone calls you out you start tooting your own horn.  Sounds like the 6 figures has gone to your head.  You stated your not trying to be immature, but that's exactly how you're coming off!!!