Pitt Post game discussion

• 38 replies
Pitt Post game discussion
« on: February 19, 2011, 02:24:12 PM »
Unreal! Dwight Hardy for Big East player of the year!!!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 06:03:10 PM by jumpinjohnny »

boo3

Re: Pitt Post game
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 02:34:31 PM »
  The team knows they can win now. This is a dangerous team.  They can score 90 on you and win or play grind it out ball and win. 

I'm still a little in shock.

Big ups to Burrell.  He single handedly kept us in the game in the first half when Hardy and JB II had to sit w/ foul trouble.  Great gob big fella!

Hardy has, what Raff would call, ONIONS!

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 02:39:12 PM »
This team can definitely contend for the Big East Tournament and might even have a chance to get as high as a 3 seed.

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 02:39:52 PM »
4 years of going to STJ and watching norm roberts coach this team has finally paid off....today i am more than proud to say I am a st. john's alum!

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 02:40:39 PM »
We're dancing now.

Great job by JBI and old reliable - Dwight Hardy.

Kennedy with some key plays (e.g., fantastic timely rebound) as well.

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 02:46:17 PM »
This team can definitely contend for the Big East Tournament and might even have a chance to get as high as a 3 seed.

I agree with you, Mparty.  Go 13-5 or 12-6 in conference play and win or make a deep run in the Big East tournament....  A 3 seed isn't out of the realm of possibility. 

Tha Kid

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 02:49:41 PM »
Unreal!  There were so mant st johns fans at the game! Such a great sight to see!

Burrell played w more confidence then I have seen from him since frosh year. He was a beast. If he plays like that the rest of the way, we are dangerous.

And hardy is of course the man!!!
"I drink and I know things"

Poison

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 04:16:22 PM »
4 seed. Way to go kids! Way to go Lavin!

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 04:40:02 PM »
[tweet]http://twitter.com/goodmanonfox/status/39073849542848512[/tweet]

Dwight Hardy Out of Bounds Before Last Shot St. Johns beats Pitt

Great win for the seniors..and we didn't even do a good job of defending Gibbs.
Pitt should have difficulty advancing far into The Tournament.

boo3

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 04:56:14 PM »
  that picture is deceiving.  It looked in real time that he was on the balls of his feet.  His heels are not on the ground.   The ref is standing right there with a perfect view.  A baseline angle is the only way to see it clearly.

Oh yeah....who gives a ****.  Its a win

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 05:05:01 PM »
Lets not forget about that great rebound by Horne and DJ catching his high pass! Myself, my brother and his 3 boys all watched at my parents house, it was chaos! I cant remember yelling at a TV like that!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 05:05:38 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 05:43:28 PM »
His heels were not on the ground.

Great win, amazing crowd and atmosphere.

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 05:48:08 PM »
Lets not forget about that great rebound by Horne and DJ catching his high pass! Myself, my brother and his 3 boys all watched at my parents house, it was chaos! I cant remember yelling at a TV like that!

Still not sure how DJ caught that thing...watched it in slow mo...and He stopped that with the tip of his fingernail.

The ref under the hoop was staring at the baseline the whole time so he had the best view.

Burrell came up HUGE!  Way to go JB!
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 05:52:37 PM »
What a game, nothing beats winning basketball at the Garden, nothing.

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2011, 05:58:06 PM »

Still not sure how DJ caught that thing...watched it in slow mo...and He stopped that with the tip of his fingernail.

The ref under the hoop was staring at the baseline the whole time so he had the best view.

Burrell came up HUGE!  Way to go JB!

I thought Lavin was going to put Boothe in on the last play to bring it up and run Hardy off a screen, we need to work on that situational thing, but Hardy pulled it out.

Ive been busting on Burrell and Im glad hes making me eat my words. I just wish he would thrown down some of those chippies

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2011, 06:02:23 PM »
After each Burrell bucket you could see Lavin going nuts on the sideline.  You could see how much he thinks Burrell is the key to us winning.  His run of buckets when Hardy was out in the first was so crucial.

Re: Pitt Post game discussion
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2011, 06:05:08 PM »
When I saw the press I was thinking put Boothe in just to get it over half court quickly...but fortunately Pitt just pulled back and Hardy was able to do his thing.

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 06:10:21 PM »
Also don't forget about DJ's huge offensive rebound.  He came out of nowhere.

Oh and thanks to ESPN's live lookin at Depaul Nova...home viewers missed a play...how did DJ make it to the FT line late in the game?

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2011, 06:11:31 PM »
When I saw the press I was thinking put Boothe in just to get it over half court quickly...but fortunately Pitt just pulled back and Hardy was able to do his thing.

Ya not sure what Jamie Dixon was thinking, I thought they would at least deny Hardy on the inbounds

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2011, 06:17:04 PM »
Has anyone heard from Xhoops....Anyone think his head exploded after Burrell was repeatedly fed in the post in the first half?