Doug Gottlieb on St. John's

• 7 replies

kjd01067

Doug Gottlieb on St. John's
« on: February 22, 2011, 02:09:07 PM »
I am not a fan of Gottlieb but he has some nice thing to say about the Johnnies...

Doug Gottlieb on St. John's - ESPN Video - ESPN

Re: Doug Gottlieb on St. John's
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 03:03:50 PM »
Quite Frankly Mr. Gottlieb should not be on the air period.  He is the Steven A. of College B'ball

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 04:15:34 PM »
Quite Frankly Mr. Gottlieb should not be on the air period.  He is the Steven A. of College B'ball
So very true. Except Stephen A never got caught stealing.

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 04:31:31 PM »
this guy is a top 10 dbag on the face of the earth but its good press for the johnnies

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 04:35:50 PM »

Steven A. was probably the best guy I knew when working at 1050. He always treated us to lunch anytime we worked his show.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 04:38:09 PM »

Steven A. was probably the best guy I knew when working at 1050. He always treated us to lunch anytime we worked his show.

I never quite understood the hatred towards Steven A.  He showed passion in what he did and loved the game of bball.  He always spoke highly of the NY area and was entertaining and informative.  Read recently he was coming back to ESPN in some capacity I think.

Gottlieb possesses neither of those traits on the other hand.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 04:59:44 PM »
I am not saying anything about his personal character.  The role he played on TV was of an obnoxious know it all who would scream at the top of his lungs.  Gottleb might be the same way in person but whatever he says on the air is in the part

Poison

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 05:25:45 PM »
He's a jerk, but at least he's consistent.
The guy gives credit to teams that play a man's schedule.

Hate him or not, he knows the game. A lot better than the other nice persons who didn't vote us into the top 25.