Best St. John's Walk-On All Time

• 9 replies
Best St. John's Walk-On All Time
« on: February 12, 2008, 08:02:06 PM »
Who was it?

The only contributing walk on in my student era of St. John's was "Filthy" Phil Messere
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

Re: Best St. John's Walk-On All Time
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 08:05:28 PM »
andre stanley.

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 09:12:44 PM »
Phil and Dre play their heart out. Got major mins both. Cant think of another walkon do as much.
Both got my respct fo real.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 10:09:56 PM »
stanley got kicked off the team eventually if I remember correctly (i try and block those years out of my head). I did enjoy him playing though.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Tha Kid

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 08:55:49 AM »
Andre Stanley, definitely.  Did he really get kicked off? I don't remember that.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 10:09:18 AM »
Andre Stanley, definitely.  Did he really get kicked off? I don't remember that.

It was actually embarrassing. He got a good writeup in the papers for being a walkon and a good example for the post pitt scandal team, then right before a game it was announced he was ineligible for not going to class.

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 10:12:03 AM »

It was actually embarrassing. He got a good writeup in the papers for being a walkon and a good example for the post pitt scandal team, then right before a game it was announced he was ineligible for not going to class.

Another great job by that coaching staff watching these kids. I think there were 8 kids on the team at the time.

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 10:16:38 AM »

Another great job by that coaching staff watching these kids. I think there were 8 kids on the team at the time.

Marco,
you wanted Kevin Clark to walk Stanley to class each day? Maybe pack him a lunch in a scoobee doo lunch box?

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 10:22:16 AM »

Marco,
you wanted Kevin Clark to walk Stanley to class each day? Maybe pack him a lunch in a scoobee doo lunch box?

Nope thats what assistants and athletic depts are for.

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 01:33:09 PM »
Yea, Andre Stanley has to be the best walk-on ever, if i can remember correctly he was the first walk-on to ever start a game