Christopher Obekpa - PF - Our Savior New American - Centereach, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 1708 replies
Thanks Baldi!
Who is the real Center?
Sweet 16 Anyone? Seen Crazier things happen but in a down year in the Big East & the NCAA in general.
Magic Can Happen!
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

MCNPA

Thanks Baldi!
Who is the real Center?
Sweet 16 Anyone? Seen Crazier things happen but in a down year in the Big East & the NCAA in general.
Magic Can Happen!

I think Obekpa is a real center.  He plays like one on D which is what matters.

pmg911

Still have not seen anyone confirm that Chris Obekpa has started summer classes. Might sound like beating a dead horse but its important.

Moose

Still have not seen anyone confirm that Chris Obekpa has started summer classes. Might sound like beating a dead horse but its important.

Your def beating a dead horse :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

pmg911

When someone can get an answer to the question, I will stop asking. After last summer I will believe things when I know they are confirmed.

Moose

When someone can get an answer to the question, I will stop asking. After last summer I will believe things when I know they are confirmed.

You are entitled to your opinion and feelings.  Nobody is disputing that.

I just can't sit here and worry about whether or not Chris Obekpa is in Summer classes.  He can start classes in the fall like everyone else too if thats what happens.

Moose

Follow his Twitter page.  He's sure talking about summer school a lot and conversing with Jakarr and Christian Jones.

Why aren't you asking about the other 11 players (not including Amir) including the other 7 newcomers?

crgreen

Why aren't you asking about the other 11 players (not including Amir) including the other 7 newcomers?

...or at least ONE other newcomer.   Since it's the school that's the alleged problem, not the student, doesn't Felix figure to be in the same situation?

mkras99

Does Seton Hall have any frosh starting this year?

Unbelievable right.  He claims that it was "common knowledge" that Darrick Wood was 9 classes or credits short of qualifying then is demanding to know in post after post and thread after thread whether certain kids are in summer school as if he is entitled to this info or somehow he has become the board supervisor for SJU Men's Basketball academics. (Again go back and look at other threads and posts, his theme is constant whether criticizing the staff over the 3 ineligible players last year or discussing Wood's academics or starting threads on Summer School it is the same song everytime it is almost as if someone else is telling him to write things...LOL)

Meanwhile two weeks ago Fratto tweeted that of the 12 scholarship players signed (Christian Jones was not yet included) 11 were set to be in Summer School with the Amir playing Summer ball with the Reds organization.  Then he hinted that a 12th player would be on his way as well, Christian Jones.

As Moose stated Obekpa and others are consistently tweeting about school and eating with each other.

What confirmation does he want anyway?  Blood samples from their dorm rooms?

paultzman

Unbelievable right.  He claims that it was "common knowledge" that Darrick Wood was 9 classes or credits short of qualifying then is demanding to know in post after post and thread after thread whether certain kids are in summer school as if he is entitled to this info or somehow he has become the board supervisor for SJU Men's Basketball academics. (Again go back and look at other threads and posts, his theme is constant whether criticizing the staff over the 3 ineligible players last year or discussing Wood's academics or starting threads on Summer School it is the same song everytime it is almost as if someone else is telling him to write things...LOL)

Meanwhile two weeks ago Fratto tweeted that of the 12 scholarship players signed (Christian Jones was not yet included) 11 were set to be in Summer School with the Amir playing Summer ball with the Reds organization.  Then he hinted that a 12th player would be on his way as well, Christian Jones.

As Moose stated Obekpa and others are consistently tweeting about school and eating with each other.

Definitely in class. Enough!!

sju89tr

Definitely in class. Enough!!

He is in school. Doubt that he would be there and not taking classes. Lets get ready for the season.

How about we confirm that Carr's academics are straight?  Let's speculate about that for 10 posts.

pmg911

Aquille Carr - his academics are a disaster. I would be astonished if he ever makes it to Seton Hall

pmg911

Also - for a lot of these kids, its not that they are failing classes in school. They are often just not taking the right course work to get through the Clearinghouse

crgreen

Also - for a lot of these kids, its not that they are failing classes in school. They are often just not taking the right course work to get through the Clearinghouse

Always found it interesting that the NCAA doesn't allow athletes to receive any BENEFITS not available to the general student population at a school, yet they aren't allowed allowed something as basic as the same entrance requirements as those same general population students.  The same HS classes that allow a Poly Sci or Theater Arts major to qualify for admission and full participation at a school may NOT fulfill NCAA requirements at the same school for an athlete.  I UNDERSTAND why the NCAA does it, but that doesn't make it seem any less hypocritical.

News Flash: I saw Chris use the facilities on campus.  I repeat facilities were used....

News Flash: I saw Chris use the facilities on campus.  I repeat facilities were used....

Urinal or stall?

Urinal or stall?
TMI