Christopher Obekpa - PF - Our Savior New American - Centereach, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 1708 replies

MCNPA

Sounds like his spirit is telling him not to go to St John's, and we're not paying either him or his spirit.
And that's Karma. ::)
He did clear sju of the payment factor.  Not sure how well that bodes for any
School other than SjU signing him considering his very public tweets.

My guess is Providence.

NYCoffey

Someone get Gift on this. He'll translate.

LJSA

Anyone get a screenshot? I just refreshed page and it no longer exists...

NYCoffey

It looks like he deleted it but whoever he was talking to still has it

http://mobile.twitter.com/sudobi

Anyone get a screenshot? I just refreshed page and it no longer exists...

He did delete it. Makes you wonder about that "st. john's doesn't pay" comment. What are these other coaches offering him?

OMG leave the kid alone. 
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

this is hilarious!

paultzman

Tha Kid

if "abi" means right, he said "they don't pay right lol"

Which says to me, he's just joking around and saying, oh ill jump on it now if they pay (but he's just joking).  And my guess is if he's public with that, he's not looking for payment, just joking. 

Who knows.
"I drink and I know things"

Marillac

WTF does this exchange between Obeka and a fan mean?

Sandy Udobi:
You should come too RT"@christopherewao: " S/O to my bro Felix on committing to St.Johns""

Obekpa chris:
@SUdobi they don pay abi lol       (HUH?!)

Sandy Udobi:
Haha no oo...jus saying RT"@christopherewao: @SUdobi they don pay abi lol"

Obekpa chris:
@SUdobi ma spirit no join st johns for real I for show but its karma when ur spirit tell u something no do otherwise.. I for wan dey wif u         (HUH?)
This is ground breaking stuff because he's not conversing with a fan he's conversing with a female student athlete committed to st johns and I looked up the term "abi" on Wikipedia and it's used at the beginning or end of a sentence as confirmation. So the question he proposed to her translated really was " they don't pay right" and She responded no

Let's stop this right here...I see where you are going chilleb, but you are also assuming you know what every other word mean.  Pay could easily be something as well.  This kid would not ask about paying over twitter.  If he did, it would have to be about the stipend.

Mods, can we right this ship.  This is a huge recruit for us and we can't have accusations like this out there.

Marillac

He'd probably fight for great translating position, get the opportunity to translate, mess it up, cut off the Pitt translator trying to capitalize, and mess it up again only to have the Pitt translator tell us Obekpa was making a joke.

I'm new to posting but been a fan forever and always reading these boards.

Now on to this topic, the pay subject was obviously a joke so ignore that. The other sentence definitely translates into that his spirit is not with st. John's and he is for sure. It's karma if he joins st. John's. I'm for one and they are for you.

Now on to this topic, the pay subject was obviously a joke so ignore that. The other sentence definitely translates into that his spirit is not with st. John's and he is for sure. It's karma if he joins st. John's. I'm for one and they are for you.
We are a catholic school. We have the Holy Spirit. How much more spirit can a school get ?

Marillac

We are a catholic school. We have the Holy Spirit. How much more spirit can a school get ?

We also have the mancer and he's got more spirit than anyone since Will Farrell.

Twitter is the worst tool in the world for recruits.  And fans!   :2funny: :laugh: :D

sju89tr

Sounds like his spirit is telling him not to go to St John's, and we're not paying either him or his spirit.
And that's Karma. ::)

...and Karma's a bitch LOL

Chilleb

WTF does this exchange between Obeka and a fan mean?

Sandy Udobi:
You should come too RT"@christopherewao: " S/O to my bro Felix on committing to St.Johns""

Obekpa chris:
@SUdobi they don pay abi lol       (HUH?!)

Sandy Udobi:
Haha no oo...jus saying RT"@christopherewao: @SUdobi they don pay abi lol"

Obekpa chris:
@SUdobi ma spirit no join st johns for real I for show but its karma when ur spirit tell u something no do otherwise.. I for wan dey wif u         (HUH?)
This is ground breaking stuff because he's not conversing with a fan he's conversing with a female student athlete committed to st johns and I looked up the term "abi" on Wikipedia and it's used at the beginning or end of a sentence as confirmation. So the question he proposed to her translated really was " they don't pay right" and She responded no

Let's stop this right here...I see where you are going chilleb, but you are also assuming you know what every other word mean.  Pay could easily be something as well.  This kid would not ask about paying over twitter.  If he did, it would have to be about the stipend.

Mods, can we right this ship.  This is a huge recruit for us and we can't have accusations like this out there.
Look I totally understand where your coming from and agree just as much on the fact he is a huge recruit but at the end of the day what's right is right and wats wrong is wrong, as a avid Johnnie supporter the attempt wasn't to tarnish st.johns or the recruit, but to bring to light the level of foul play and dishonesty we all know of and is often dismissed. The tactics these other universities are using to lore in 17, and 18 year old kids is rediculous. As a fan base we've all been sitting on the edge of our seats patiently awaiting recruiting news and the fact that a potential recruit of ours chose to discuss his future with our program on a public social network puts the reader/consumer at fault? If it was in English it wouldn't be a problem or if it was translated to say "he was commiting next week" there wouldnt be an issue either. Regardless I'm all in favor of obekpa in a SJU uni '12

LJSA

Hopefully Tony Parker's spirit suddenly tells him that St. John's is where he should be.