Christopher Obekpa - PF - Our Savior New American - Centereach, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 1708 replies

gman

I have to eat crow about giving people crap for reading the kids Twitter. Looks like twitter gate scared off teams

Saw on Twitter Cincy has landed a commitment from a JUCO PF. Not sure if this puts Obekpa back in play or not but its interesting.

Titus Rubles:

http://bearcatsnation.com/2012/03/19/juco-titus-rubles-commits-to-the-cincinnati-bearcats/

I have to eat crow about giving people crap for reading the kids Twitter. Looks like twitter gate scared off teams
I was one of the early twitter adopters and posters and got S for it from some on the board.  However, my other translating skills (lol) tell me that many tweets leave out letters or have typos from time to time.  I'd chime in with a possibility that Obekpa, outside of fooling around with his tweet, meant to type "they don't PLAY cbi (right)," not "pay cbi (right)."  So maybe style of play is not right for him.

It's entirely possible, but he deleted it just not to deal with explaining the typo.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 09:34:25 AM by bball purist »

Dam I love Obekpa game , love players who don't need the ball to affect a basketball game. I wish I would of took my butt to the BX to see Maco & Orlando once I found out they were on our radar.

Monroe plays tomorrow at 1pm and the game will be streamed on Monroe website.

Moose any idea how to find the game. I dont see it on their athletics page. Thanks
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

Ship has sailed, bur piece on O makes sense in my biased opinion.

“@5starbasketball: ALERT: Noel, Shabazz, Bennett headline unsigned prospects http://t.co/rCJcP74r

Either way, our staff seriously needs to land a big man to handle the middle next season.  Adding Sampson and the possibility of adding Sanchez will be huge for our low post scoring, but it will all be for nothing if St. John's does not have a legitimate center on the roster.  Whether it be Obekpa or Chandler, they need the size in the middle.

Dont count us out just yet....

Evan Daniels- Chris Obekpa will visit St. Johns this weekend, per his HS coach Eric Jaklitsch.

Evan Daniels- Chris Obekpa will visit St. Johns this weekend, per his HS coach Eric Jaklitsch.

Hell Yeah! Obekpa would be a beast with this team.

Hell Yeah! Obekpa would be a beast with this team.

No doubt

sju89tr

Whoever qualifies first gets the scholarship LOL

paultzman

Surprising

sju89tr

True strength is doing what you know is right when you really don't want to.

Hope this dos not refer to us

His last tweet

He does confirm his visit
https://twitter.com/#!/christopherewao

Chilleb

True strength is doing what you know is right when you really don't want to.

Hope this dos not refer to us

His last tweet

He does confirm his visit
https://twitter.com/#!/christopherewao
Or he could be talking about turning down money elsewhere to come play for us  :)

I can be guilty of it too but I think we all read too much into these tweets. Who knows whats going or what he is talking about. Lets just see how this plays out

paultzman

:) Tweetgate continues!!!

Chilleb

Who knows what this kid wants , I no I sure don't but I do know a front court depth chart that included Sampson,obekpa, chandler, Sanchez would be legendary. And we have the ships to do it

paultzman

Love that Lavin has some big options. Tends to give potential commits something to think about. Guy is an excellent recruiting strategist.

sju89tr

I can be guilty of it too but I think we all read too much into these tweets. Who knows whats going or what he is talking about. Lets just see how this plays out

I am just happy he didn't mention the abi  :laugh:

Moose

Saumouro visited last year too.
Remember who broke the Slice news