Christopher Obekpa - PF - Our Savior New American - Centereach, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 1708 replies
The goal should most certainly be to get both. With one, you're one injury away from being pathetic in the frontcourt like we were this year. SU took Melo and Keita in the same year. What's the big deal?
Then took Christmas the next, depth is essential

And Dajuan Coleman coming in next year.   Practically a top 5 center every season for 'Cuse. 

I'm not too high on Coleman. He does a lot of things a guy his size wouldn't normally do but doesn't do enough of the things a guy his size should do. Thats just my opinion there are plenty of people who disagree.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

The goal should most certainly be to get both. With one, you're one injury away from being pathetic in the frontcourt like we were this year. SU took Melo and Keita in the same year. What's the big deal?

And Dajuan Coleman coming in next year.   Practically a top 5 center every season for 'Cuse. 

I'm not too high on Coleman. He does a lot of things a guy his size wouldn't normally do but doesn't do enough of the things a guy his size should do. Thats just my opinion there are plenty of people who disagree.

How tall is he truly?  A guy his width at HS level can look awesome. But at the next level, well........
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

How tall is he truly?  A guy his width at HS level can look awesome. But at the next level, well........

Coleman doesn't look much bigger than 6'8".

Believe former Johnny, Ron Stuart, coached Moiso in France. Johnnies had modest hopes of getting him.

Count yourselves Lucky.  Jerome may have singlehandedly cost Pitino millions of dollars (Rick with the Celts made Jerome a lotto pick).  Ton of talent absolute ZERO drive to succeed.  Like there wasn't a competitive bone in his body.  Lav's couldn't motivate him.  Pitino couldn't motivate him.   Paul Silas gave up on him and dropped him from the league.

Moiso, who played 4 years in Spain (one season in my city´s team), is the typical French player: overrated.

Moose

Believe former Johnny, Ron Stuart, coached Moiso in France. Johnnies had modest hopes of getting him.

Count yourselves Lucky.  Jerome may have singlehandedly cost Pitino millions of dollars (Rick with the Celts made Jerome a lotto pick).  Ton of talent absolute ZERO drive to succeed.  Like there wasn't a competitive bone in his body.  Lav's couldn't motivate him.  Pitino couldn't motivate him.   Paul Silas gave up on him and dropped him from the league.

Moiso, who played 4 years in Spain (one season in my city´s team), is the typical French player: overrated.

Ha Gonzalo hates French players :)

paultzman

Viva La Bourgault!

RedVet

They do tend to collaborate with opposing teams.

Wayne McKoy.

Moose

Wayne McKoy.

Yeah no clue who that is.

Wayne McKoy.

[/quote]

Serious?
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

LJSA

Wayne McKoy.

Serious?
[/quote]

He's not old and has mentioned that he didn't start rooting for the team as a little kid. Not sure how much footage of McCoy is out there, either.

Wayne McKoy.

Time for a little SJU history lesson.  He was a 6'8" man-child at LuHi ranked either 1 or 2 coming out.  Looie landed him in '77 and he never reached the lofty expectations many expected of him.  His body matured early.  He teamed with Reggie Carter at LuHi and they both wound up here after Reggie transferred in from Hawaii.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 05:02:51 PM by Section 9 »

derk

Wayne McKoy.

Time for a little SJU history lesson.  He was a 6'8" man-child at LuHi ranked either 1 or 2 coming out.  Looie landed him in '77 and he never reached the lofty expectations many expected of him.  His body matured early.  He teamed with Reggie Carter at LuHi and they both wound up here after Reggie transferred in from Hawaii.

Jeez, Section 9. You had to put the memory of Wayne McKoy back in my brain ?  >:( :laugh:

Moose

Seems like he had delicious shrimp and went to the 40/40 club. Sound like a good time to me.

I think he may have been ranked #2 next to..... Magic.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Tiznow

I think he was as highly rated coming out of HS as Felipe.  As I recall he got a lot of attention from an early age.  It was a lot different on those days when young kids had to wait to play varsity.  Newsday provided a lot of coverage as he played at LI Lutheran. 

I hope Christopher O feels the way Wayne felt about 35 years ago.

crgreen

Earvin and Wayne were high out of high school, but not THAT high nationally.   Still remember the Street & Smith cover that year - The big 3 were Gene Banks, Kenny Dennard and Albert King.  Albert was the defacto #1, but S&S had a special 3 page feature on the "real" #1 - a 6'10 soph in West Virginia named Earl Jones....

RedVet

Earvin and Wayne were high out of high school, but not THAT high nationally.   Still remember the Street & Smith cover that year - The big 3 were Gene Banks, Kenny Dennard and Albert King.  Albert was the defacto #1, but S&S had a special 3 page feature on the "real" #1 - a 6'10 soph in West Virginia named Earl Jones....

CR, I seem to remember Magic, like Felipe Lopez years later, being on the SI cover prior to the start of his freshman season ... and that's bigger than the S&S cover.

Ok anyway back to Christopher, hope he verbals in the next few days. Any insiders hear how the visit went?