Christopher Obekpa - PF - Our Savior New American - Centereach, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 1708 replies

I
Saga continues!

“@JonRothstein: St. John's has re-emerged in the Chris Obekpa sweepstakes. The Red Storm are in the mix for the shot blocker and have a legitimate shot too.”

I like Jon good guy, funny tweets. Not the greatest sources but did hear something similar today.

Not sure I buy it yet.  Although Rothstein always maintained Cincy was the leader so someone told him something.

boo3

Amazing!  Always room for a D3 shot blocker.   ;)

Chilleb

Kknew it all along, there's no way his best friend is coming here and were out of the race that quick

paultzman

“@TheoRabinowitz: Remember #stjbb fans: Obekpa and Felix Balamou will both be playing at iS8 in Queens on Saturday afternoon at 2:45PM. #stjbb”

Moose

Insanity
Remember who broke the Slice news

Mike

Insanity

Which way are you leaning right now? Still think there is no way?

Chilleb

So who has the scoop, how many ships do we really have? If we get chandler an obekpa were headed to the sweet 16

Let's stay grounded. guys... ;D 

If true though it is certainly a nice thing to sleep on tonight.

Moose

Insanity

Which way are you leaning right now? Still think there is no way?

I was told just like a lot of others that we were out.  It wasn't me leaning one way or the other. 

Remember people also got all excited when he visited us out of the blue after it being all Cincy, but then he disappeared.  I wouldn't get too excited one way or the other.  The recruitment has been all of over the place so who knows.  If he comes great were getting a game changer. 

*I still don't think this has any impact on Chandler.  It just lessens the blow if NCAA negs him.  Remember staff always wanted two bigs.

Moose

Must have been me sticking up for him when people said he had D2/D3 offensive game :)

Perhaps he's waiting to see whether or not Chandler qualifies?

Must have been me sticking up for him when people said he had D2/D3 offensive game :)

Where the hell are those guys tonight....??? ;D ;D

He'll go from "what a coup if we could land him" after his visit to "limited offensively" Cincy can have him back to another top 100 player in the fold by Lavin....

Perhaps he's waiting to see whether or not Chandler qualifies?

As was said before especially during the Nolan/Chandler talk, there will for both if it comes to that.

SMH at people reading selectively.  I said throughout my posts he's an impact player on this level because of what he does on the defensive end.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Moose

SMH at people reading selectively.  I said throughout my posts he's an impact player on this level because of what he does on the defensive end.

Theo
Take a joke.  Its a little rib.  Everyone saw your posts that you are fond of his defensive game.

Him being a terrible offensive player does not take away from his shot blocking capabilities. I still think hes offensive skills are below  the D1 level.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Him being a terrible offensive player does not take away from his shot blocking capabilities. I still think hes offensive skills are below  the D1 level.

Me too. It's not a huge problem though, his value is almost completely on the defensive end and any offense he can provide would just be a bonus.

DFF6

Would LOVE to see Obekpa come here.   From the games of his I watched, he's a game changer on defense, and will probaby reject/prevent more buckets than he will score, which is fine with me.  If Chandler comes too, we will have gone from having the weakest, non-existent bench in the BE, to one of, if not the, best bench in the BE, all in one freakin year.  That would be amazing, IMO.

Poison

Maybe Cinci couldn't come up with the money. Or maybe he got off the plane and then got right back on. That's what I would do. What a disgusting hole.

Here is video of one of their is8 playoff games from 2 weeks ago if you would like to watch it:

1 | Brooklyn Badgers Vs Team Flight (OSNA) | 2012 IS8 Nike Playoffs

Felix is #10 and Obekpa is #12
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap