What were your favorite moments from the 2011 season?

• 61 replies
Re: What were your favorite moments from the 2011 season?
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2011, 11:18:27 PM »
The bus trip to Nova.

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2011, 11:44:41 PM »
That was a tremendous trip that Sly Fox put together to Nova. It was great coming out of the gates watching Nova fans squirm. I took the trip down with my friend Brian who runs VUHoops.com. I got to meet up with Moose and some other St. John's friends in the parking lot.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2011, 08:44:39 AM »
Duke game was second but when the season ended and I looked at where we ended up in the standings...that was my favorite moment. At work we talk sports and I would always talk about STJ basketball and the guys would kill me. Not this year!!! They got on the bandwagon! Congrats and thanks to the kids and staff for a nice ride this season!!

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2011, 09:27:00 AM »
For personal reasons, handling Marquette in their house...on "Al's Night".

Poison

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2011, 09:56:48 AM »
Destroying Duke will always hold a special place in my heart because of my disdain for them.

It was a beatdown of epic proportions.

Still, it was an incredible feeling to be a season ticket holder holder this year. Regardless of how it ended, we had several tremendous moments at the Garden, and even away from it in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.

No one knew how to stop us because no one had ever seen us play well before. I think a good chunk of these guys will get a long look by NBA teams, even if it's just to sit on the bench.

A Paris Horne might not score a point in an NBA game, but if he's asked to do one thing, play defense on say a Ray Allen, maybe he could?

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2011, 12:51:26 PM »
The Duke win and Evans' revival were definitely my favorite moments not involving Paris.  The season seemed to hit another gear that day. 

DFF6

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2011, 05:22:28 PM »
The end of the Pitt game, and then seeing the Redmen ranked for the first time in 11 years the next day.

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2011, 07:25:48 PM »
 :smiley6600:After having all the good wins at the garden, I really enjoyed being
there when we put Villanova in Philadelphia. To do it on the road to Nova was special.

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2011, 08:41:46 PM »
That was a tremendous trip that Sly Fox put together to Nova. It was great coming out of the gates watching Nova fans squirm. I took the trip down with my friend Brian who runs VUHoops.com. I got to meet up with Moose and some other St. John's friends in the parking lot.

I must have just missed you.   I recall when you had a bus trip to PA going that was cancelled due to poor turnout.  Ahhhggggh...the bad old days...I remember them well.

TONYD3

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2011, 08:57:03 PM »
I was on the bus trip as well. It was awesome. I know you tried once Dave, the only thing holding me back with your trip was I couldn't find anyone to go with me. That won't be a problem any more. I would love to go to UCONN with a bunch of SJU fans.
My best moment was bitter sweet. Sneaking out of work getting early rushing to the Garden to play Syracuse in Big East Tournament. I payed 150 for a ticket way upstairs only to sneak down 12 rows behind the Cuse bench. Never have I seen the Garden the juiced. When DJ went down, I almost threw up. We may have lost that  game, But we are back!!

pk

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2011, 02:47:41 AM »
Killing Duke and Hardy's winner vs. Pitt. But there were so many. For the first time in a decade it was fun rooting for this program. May it go on indefinitely!  :)

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2011, 11:53:13 AM »
The garden atmosphere during the last 5 mins of the Pitt game

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2011, 01:18:25 PM »
The Georgetown win at MSG and the Pitt win at MSG...easily the best moments.

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2011, 09:42:55 AM »
January 16th: watching Notre Dame fans arrive at the Garden with a look of supercilious superiority and meander out as if they were in a catatonic state.

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2011, 10:44:36 AM »
Beating Pitt by far was my favorite, mainly because I was only able to make it to one game this year, and it was that one! However, the games against Duke and UConn were awesome too, especially because I had the pleasure of watching the Duke game right beside my buddy who is a cocky Duke fan who always gives me crap about being a St. John's fan.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 10:45:48 AM by redstorm212 »

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2011, 11:26:55 AM »
The Pitt game was the best for me. I was there and had a great view of Hardy's last play. The Garden was crazy that day! Great Saturday afternoon in NYC.

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2011, 12:32:22 PM »
 Looking at Erin Sharoni behind the mic! :angel:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 12:32:54 PM by bball purist »

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2011, 10:33:11 PM »
So many great moments even some of the losses because St. John's basketball mattered again
 Being on TV opening night even if it was 2 in the morning
Exiting the NCAAs way too early but we were finally back in it

G't ND, Duke, Pitt... that stretch of time where we were as good as ANYBODY in the nation.

Selection Sunday.  I was hoping we would be in sent Oklahoma and then to the Sweet 16 in San Antonio because I could drive to OK and I had my tix to San Antonio already.  When they announced Denver I was a little disappointed and my 16 year old daughter said " Come on Dad we can do it!  Road trip to Denver!"   Long story short we did it.  Overpaid for tix on Ebay, found a hotel  on Priceline and  drove 1100 miles  from Houston to Denver and then  back again during our Spring Break.

She got to see her 1st St. John's game in person, I got to see my 1st game in person since  we played Memphis State and Penny Hardaway at MSG in the Holiday Festival.

We did go to San Antonio the following week and of course to the Final Four here in Houston.  I told my daughter her grandfather, who was at the 1st  College doubleheader at MSG with St. John's  vs  Westminster  in 1935, would  have been proud of her.

It was a great time we had together and he final 4 brought her 2 uncles to Tx from NY for a weekend.  I remember as UConn was celebrating winning it all taking some consolation thinking yeah but you couldn't beat us.

Many great moments for many reasons from this season

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2011, 12:11:47 AM »
i received more phone calls and emails from my buddies with the DUKE win. totally unexpected. after that win, the nation knew we were capable of beating any team in the country..uconn, pitt, at nova were games people knew we had a shot in winning....all great, but Duke was my favorite moment in 2011.