What were your favorite moments from the 2011 season?

• 61 replies
What were your favorite moments from the 2011 season?
« on: April 23, 2011, 03:59:07 PM »
I know personally 2011 was a thrilling roller coaster ride. From the hype of Lavin hire, to the pitfalls of not again feeling with Fordham/St. Bonny's, back to being on top of the world beating giants at MSG. Share some of your favorite games, plays, or personal experiences from this season....
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: What were your favorite moments from the 2011 season?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 04:18:41 PM »
My personal favorite was Senior Night when JB and Rob came out crying their eyes out.  It was a pretty powerful moment and probably the one that will stick with me the longest.

derk

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 04:36:20 PM »
Got to be Dwight buckets breaking the Pitt hearts as an individual moment. For the team, nothing beats the Pukon blowout. Sweet !

boo3

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »
  That whole stretch where we were playing like a top 5 team in the country was great.   In particular, for me, The Uconn and Duke demolitions.  My two favorite teams to hate and we spanked them both. I know Duke was national tv, and that always makes it sweeter.

redslope

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 04:58:52 PM »
Senior Night.  We have beaten all the schools we beat this year in the past but we have never had such an emotional senior night in my over 30 years of games.  The closeness of the team is what I hope the new group coming in can develop.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 05:42:52 PM »
I'll go with the Duke game.

We had lost three straight (including 25-point blowouts to Louisville and Georgetown) heading into that game and things were starting to look like "same old, same old". I was dreading another blowout on national TV.

To watch our guys surprise everyone and absolutely put the boots to Duke was a thing of beauty. I'll enjoy that one all the to next November.

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 06:17:33 PM »
Beating G-town because I was there!

kjd01067

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 07:51:04 PM »
Got to be Dwight buckets breaking the Pitt hearts as an individual moment. For the team, nothing beats the Pukon blowout. Sweet !

I agree my favorite moment of the season was probably the Pitt win closely followed by the win against Gtown at the garden because i was at the game and when nuts when we won at the end.

gman

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 09:36:17 PM »
Beating the crap out of Duke.  I went to school in Carolina so it was great rubbing in my old schoolmates that root for Duke.  Duke fans are so damn arrogant.

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 09:46:46 PM »
My favorite moment was when Dwight Hardy "blacked out" against UConn. I mean that stretch he was just throwing the ball in the air and it went swish. It was electric in the Garden.

Duke game was also great. I got to fly my best friend in from Miami to see the game with me. Definitely a game of a lifetime.

hick

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 08:13:31 AM »
the duke game was it for me also winning the torney at msg.  as the parent of one of the basketball players i will truly miss him playing for stj.

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2011, 10:12:45 AM »
The G-town win

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2011, 11:19:22 AM »
Went to the Senior game with my dad.  Like a previous poster said I loved when Rob Thomas came out.  Made me real proud of St. John's.

The end of the Arizona St. game...showed some of what was to come of the season and a lot of people contributed.

Love the beat downs of Uconn and Duke.

Barishnikov at the end of the Pitt game...including watching the youtube clips.

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2011, 11:44:25 AM »
Mine would probably be the announcing of the NCAA matchups. You dont appreciate making the tourny until you miss out on it  year after year

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2011, 12:08:29 PM »
The Brownlee dunk vs. Duke in the 2nd half to put the cherry on top of the whipped cream actually had me screaming at the top of my lungs.

Buckets with the game winning bucket vs. Pitt was another scream inducing moment. Just going crazy!

Hardy with that unbelievable fadeaway over two guys with about 2 and a half minutes left and the Horne steal in the last minute vs. Villanova was awesome.

Yeah...that's a pretty good top 3. 

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2011, 12:18:05 PM »
Guinness, good to see you on this board too!

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 12:21:35 PM »
Guinness, good to see you on this board too!
hahaha...thanks, man. I gotta be able to talk SJU b-ball and I've lurked on this site for a long time and now that the other site is down I figured what the hell? GG ain't gonna cut it for college basketball talk, that's for sure, lololol.

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 01:44:37 PM »
Aside from the obvious ones above I loved one by Paris where he fisted the bench and then drew a charge at the other end to change a game.  Having a senior moment about which game but he was so inspirational all I could think was he's such a man under pressure.  I hope he gets a good gig somewhere because he deserves it.

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 11:27:08 AM »
I loved anytime that Paris would grab an offensive rebound off of a missed free throw.

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 11:37:37 AM »
The Duke win - the most dominant SJU performance vs a highly ranked team in 20 years. 
The GTown win was also great as it came down to the very end.