Ryan Harrow - PG - NC ST Transfer - Marietta, GA - KENTUCKY

• 199 replies
Re: Ryan Harrow - PG - NC ST Transfer - Marietta, GA
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2011, 12:43:11 PM »
I do not want to see Stith nudged out.
The 12th & 13th players arent going to get burn anyway.
I think it looks bad for a program(I know its done) to encourage a player to transfer because they need his schol for a better player.

If his attitude is good & he's a team player- he signed on to play 4 years & get a degree, lets honor our side
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 12:45:55 PM by stevep502 »
Molloy '71

Moose

« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2011, 12:47:15 PM »
It looks like we will see a transfer from the SF or guard that sees the least burn.  We also might not get all of our recruits on campus--Garrett? Nuri? 

If you want to speculate on recruits making it to campus thats understandable but Amir shouldn't be part of that conversation.  I can think of 4 others I'd mention before him.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Marillac

« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2011, 01:43:21 PM »
It looks like we will see a transfer from the SF or guard that sees the least burn.  We also might not get all of our recruits on campus--Garrett? Nuri? 

If you want to speculate on recruits making it to campus thats understandable but Amir shouldn't be part of that conversation.  I can think of 4 others I'd mention before him.

I completely agree...I only mentioned Amir because of the baseball question.  The list was nonexhaustive, and I do have some concerns with how many of our nine will make it to campus this summer. 

Moose

« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2011, 04:07:22 PM »

I completely agree...I only mentioned Amir because of the baseball question.  The list was nonexhaustive, and I do have some concerns with how many of our nine will make it to campus this summer. 

Who concerns you and why?

If you look at Amir thread (pg 14) you will see there should be no issue with him making it to campus at all.

« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2011, 05:00:00 PM »
I don't think Harrow visited yesterday which is going to further fuel the Momo to SJU speculation.

« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2011, 05:03:48 PM »
I don't think Harrow visited yesterday which is going to further fuel the Momo to SJU speculation.

Fordham - do you think Harrow not visiting and going with Momo is partially to placate Jevon Thomas?  I could see Thomas not being upset about Momo being a senior and more of a combo by the time he gets there vs. Harrow

« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2011, 05:37:15 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/05/19/harrow-i-havent-decided-yet/#more-52663

Seems the visit was canceled because Harrow's mother had a prior engagement. The article makes no mention of the visit being rescheduled. Can't say that I like the sound of it.

« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2011, 05:46:59 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/05/19/harrow-i-havent-decided-yet/#more-52663

Seems the visit was canceled because Harrow's mother had a prior engagement. The article makes no mention of the visit being rescheduled. Can't say that I like the sound of it.

It was a scheduling conflict and now of course we are in a dead period for the next 10 days.

I know both Fern and Ryan have visited before and the staff remain in contact. So I think SJU is very much in play.

Marillac

« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2011, 05:49:12 PM »

If you look at Amir thread (pg 14) you will see there should be no issue with him making it to campus at all.

Really just the sheer # of recruits coming in and the # of them that have had some academic questions raised.  Sampson, Harrison, Nuri, Jevon in 2012, etc.  Something was on twitter about Sampson reclassifying not too long ago, and while it appears to be false it is kind of unnerving.  Probably the most serious concern is Nuri, only because that is a tall task for anyone to do let alone athlete.

Moose

« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2011, 06:32:12 PM »

Really just the sheer # of recruits coming in and the # of them that have had some academic questions raised.  Sampson, Harrison, Nuri, Jevon in 2012, etc.  Something was on twitter about Sampson reclassifying not too long ago, and while it appears to be false it is kind of unnerving.  Probably the most serious concern is Nuri, only because that is a tall task for anyone to do let alone athlete.

Never heard of problems with Harrison.  Jevon is 2012 and yes those have been out there.  Sampson was disputed vehemently after the uninformed Wingate tweet.  I'd be concerned about Nuri catching up on all that schoolwork.

gonzalo

« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2011, 03:56:33 AM »

Never heard of problems with Harrison. 

I agree to Moose. I thought that Harrison had no problems reading this:

http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/111010aad.html

"D'Angelo is a conscientious student. He is not only knowledgeable on the court, but in the classroom as well," said Henderson. "He spends a lot of time individually working on his skills, his shooting and ballhandling. That's what separates him - his drive to be successful."

NYCoffey

« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2011, 11:44:01 AM »
I'm curious what everyone else is thinking because I'm torn on whether or not we can still get this kid. On one hand he never visited so that would usually mean that we have no shot, but he grew up right by campus and has been there a lot so maybe he just felt like he did not need to visit and just talking to the coach was enough. Does anyone still think we are in the running for him or is Kentucky a done deal?

ras

« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2011, 07:59:29 PM »
First I read that the NCstate blogs had him going to SJU .Now I hear nothing . He is a bigger mystery then Momo.

Moose

« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2011, 08:13:54 PM »
First I read that the NCstate blogs had him going to SJU .Now I hear nothing . He is a bigger mystery then Momo.

No way.  Well he might be a mystery but MoMo is a soap opera

« Reply #134 on: May 21, 2011, 02:15:10 PM »
Louisville just accepted transfer Luke Hancock from GMU which I think puts them at the limit or even over for schollies.

And Texas I think is a no go after Gibbs as he indicated that if Harrow went to UT he was out.

ras

« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2011, 02:26:07 PM »
What about Kentucky?

Moose

« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2011, 02:33:13 PM »
Louisville just accepted transfer Luke Hancock from GMU which I think puts them at the limit or even over for schollies.

And Texas I think is a no go after Gibbs as he indicated that if Harrow went to UT he was out.

I think they were two over before that transfer.  Of course slick Rick will ask a bunch of guys to 'walk on'.

NYCoffey

« Reply #137 on: May 22, 2011, 10:42:50 PM »

Now the NC State blogs are convinced hes going to Georgia. Its a rough board. Sound like a bunch of high school girls that got dumped. Probably nothing but from what I've heard, he seems too talented to go to Georgia. Hopefully we'll find out soon where he's going.

http://www.statefansnationforums.com/topic.php?id=5070

Moose

« Reply #138 on: May 22, 2011, 10:49:29 PM »

Now the NC State blogs are convinced hes going to Georgia. Its a rough board. Sound like a bunch of high school girls that got dumped. Probably nothing but from what I've heard, he seems too talented to go to Georgia. Hopefully we'll find out soon where he's going.

http://www.statefansnationforums.com/topic.php?id=5070

Another reason why maybe their comments should be taken with a grain of salt regarding Harrow.

wpc77

« Reply #139 on: May 22, 2011, 11:00:49 PM »
Re louisville - they appear to have:

Chane Behanan
Wayne Blackshear
Rakeem Buckles
Gorgui Dieng
Luke Hancock
Kyle Kuric
Mike Marra
Angel Nunez
Zach Price
Peyton Siva
Russ Smith- likely transfer
Jared Swopshire
Stephan Van Treese
Chris Smith - walk on

That leaves as little as 12 (assuming both smiths don't count towards the 13). So they might have room