Ryan Harrow - PG - NC ST Transfer - Marietta, GA - KENTUCKY

• 199 replies

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: Ryan Harrow - PG - NC ST Transfer - Marietta, GA
« Reply #180 on: May 24, 2011, 02:18:17 PM »
Evan Daniels of scout is reporting SJU is out of the mix.  See below:

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1074387.html

After announcing his decision to leave N.C. State, Harrow spent the past few weeks embarking on a visit-fest that included trips to Georgia, Louisville, Kentucky and Texas. Originally he was set to visit Saint John’s as well, but he canceled the trip and dropped them from his list.

“I’m done with all of my trips and I feel like every school has something good to offer,” Harrow said. “I have a big decision to make and I have to figure out what is best for me.”
FWIW, Zagoria says St. John's is still on the list.

Poison

« Reply #181 on: May 24, 2011, 02:21:25 PM »
We just lost one 6'7 player, and one 6'8 player. We need to replace at least one of them w another big man.
You can't go into any season with one center, one PF, and no reserves at those positions.

« Reply #182 on: May 24, 2011, 02:27:29 PM »
Evan Daniels of scout is reporting SJU is out of the mix.  See below:

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1074387.html

After announcing his decision to leave N.C. State, Harrow spent the past few weeks embarking on a visit-fest that included trips to Georgia, Louisville, Kentucky and Texas. Originally he was set to visit Saint John’s as well, but he canceled the trip and dropped them from his list.

“I’m done with all of my trips and I feel like every school has something good to offer,” Harrow said. “I have a big decision to make and I have to figure out what is best for me.”

His mom is saying that.  But where there is smoke there usually is fire and my guess is it does not appear SJU is a likely destination at this point.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #183 on: May 24, 2011, 02:29:48 PM »
We just lost one 6'7 player, and one 6'8 player. We need to replace at least one of them w another big man.
You can't go into any season with one center, one PF, and no reserves at those positions.

You can't go into a season losing 96% of your minutes and scoring either - next year will be all kinds of unprecedented.

His mom is saying that.  But where there is smoke there usually is fire and my guess is it does not appear SJU is a likely destination at this point.
You're probably right!

Marillac

« Reply #184 on: May 24, 2011, 02:53:57 PM »
He was seen wearing UGA shorts the other day...not sure if that means anything.  I think it's Kentucky if cal wants him. How do you say no as a pg to Cal?

ras

« Reply #185 on: May 24, 2011, 03:28:08 PM »
. We will be much taller then before. Between GG, Sampson, and Pelle we will be fine, and that doesn,t take into account Harkless playing the 4. It would be nice to have another big. Hopefully, that is where Gathers and or Anderson will come in.I personally would like to get Harrow but we'll be fine if we don't.

Gumby

« Reply #186 on: May 24, 2011, 04:08:43 PM »
Poison, sorry, but I am a bit confused here.  I assume the 6'7" player we lost was Dwayne.  What 6'8" player did we lose as well?

If Ryan was seen wearing UGA shorts recently that probably is the kiss of death for him coming here.  How many homes does he have, as we have heard both GA and Queens are his homes.  His Mom canceling the trip to our campus was also not a good sign.

If we get Ryan, which now seems to be doubtful, he would be icing on the cake.  However, we already have a pretty solid cake.

I still say focus on Jevon, Kyle and Ricardo, as well as any other blue chips Coach is targeting.

« Reply #187 on: May 24, 2011, 05:20:35 PM »
FYI I asked Evan about Ryan and dropping SJU and he says that Ryan told him directly.

MCNPA

« Reply #188 on: May 24, 2011, 05:39:51 PM »
FYI I asked Evan about Ryan and dropping SJU and he says that Ryan told him directly.

Once again, no big deal.  Harrow would have been a late season bonus, nothing more.  It's great to be a SJU fan nowadays...

DFF6

« Reply #189 on: May 24, 2011, 06:39:37 PM »

Once again, no big deal.  Harrow would have been a late season bonus, nothing more.  It's great to be a SJU fan nowadays...

Still think if we committed to recruiting Harrow out of the box and told Momo "nono" at the beginning of the Momo saga (as Moose likes to put it), we could've had Harrow.  Oh well.  Thank God we don't really need Harrow, and now more ships are available for the 2012 studs.

ras

« Reply #190 on: May 24, 2011, 07:47:15 PM »
I agee. I think our interest in Momo soured Harrow and now well get neither. On the positive side thats one more 2012 recruit well be able to go after.

TheVig

« Reply #191 on: May 26, 2011, 12:10:59 AM »
Committed to UK. Sucks really wanted him.

Gumby

« Reply #192 on: May 26, 2011, 12:25:36 AM »
I really do not think our interest in Momo had much to do with Ryan going to UK.  If he signed with say UGA, I might agree.  Afterall, UK is UK!

« Reply #193 on: May 26, 2011, 12:30:51 AM »
Well the reason why Momo was coming to St John's was because of Harrow going to UK. Lav wasn't chasing Harrow when it was apparent he wasn't a target they were all about Momo which is where the reports stemmed from. I mentioned this in the Momo thread and on twitter

http://twitter.com/#!/DaveKrupinski/status/71278118970732544

I don't think anyone believed me on twitter lol
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

MCNPA

« Reply #194 on: May 26, 2011, 03:14:13 AM »
Well the reason why Momo was coming to St John's was because of Harrow going to UK. Lav wasn't chasing Harrow when it was apparent he wasn't a target they were all about Momo which is where the reports stemmed from. I mentioned this in the Momo thread and on twitter

So we hire Mo Hicks and:

We can't land Kadeem jack, can't accept MoMo Jones on transfer, having some questions about Harkless and now Rice HS is closing...  This may just have been one of the worst hires we could have made.  Talk about a net loss overall.  We should have just put a voodoo doll in his chair on the sidelines. :-[ :tickedoff:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 03:24:10 AM by MCNPA »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #195 on: May 26, 2011, 08:23:15 AM »

So we hire Mo Hicks and:

We can't land Kadeem jack, can't accept MoMo Jones on transfer, having some questions about Harkless and now Rice HS is closing...  This may just have been one of the worst hires we could have made.  Talk about a net loss overall.  We should have just put a voodoo doll in his chair on the sidelines. :-[ :tickedoff:
No. it will pay dividends. Not having Momo might just be a good thing. And if St. John's had Harkless but Rice was closing (he wasn't keeping it open himself alone!), then Lav couldn't hire him and he'd go to Seton Hall or something. Or worse, U Conn.

Poison

« Reply #196 on: May 26, 2011, 08:29:31 AM »
Dwight Meikle and Dwayne Polee, both forwards have left, and we're looking to replace them with guards.

Hopefully, Jones ends up at Hofstra, and sign some more meat inside.

« Reply #197 on: May 26, 2011, 12:31:23 PM »

So we hire Mo Hicks and:

Agree that Kadeem Jack would have been a very good recruit. Not really upset about MoMo as I had mixed feelings about his possibly disrupting team chemistry and more so, taking up significant minutes of PT that I would much rather see go to Greene and Harrison. Regarding Mo Hicks, IMO this was a great hire despite the few recruits we couldn't get. Hicks is well respected far more than just at Rice HS. Hopefully, he is in line for the first assistant job that opens up at SJU. Given that opportunity I believe he will be a big plus both in recruiting and coaching. His success at Rice was not only because of having good players but being an excellent coach. Given his coaching background and add a few years of being involved with Dunlap, he will be well qualified to move up on Lavin's bench. IMO........Moe Hicks was an excellent hire.

« Reply #198 on: May 26, 2011, 01:23:40 PM »
Kadeem is a great kid, I was with him a lot in the fall/winter when he was at CJETO which practices out of my office. He's very immature though and isn't a hard worker. His athletic ability and potential is there but he is going to be in for a rude awakening when he starts practicing with Mike Rice. He'll either be made or broken there. I don't think he would have been a good fit for St. John's.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #199 on: May 26, 2011, 01:28:57 PM »
Kadeem is a great kid, I was with him a lot in the fall/winter when he was at CJETO which practices out of my office. He's very immature though and isn't a hard worker. His athletic ability and potential is there but he is going to be in for a rude awakening when he starts practicing with Mike Rice. He'll either be made or broken there. I don't think he would have been a good fit for St. John's.
I thought Pelle wasn't a hard worker, too?

Also, I thought Jack was practicing with the Rutgers team - didn't he leave prep mid-year to enroll with the Scarlet Knights? But the immature thing has followed him for sure. Sounds like he could be a bit of Justin Burrell - great athlete, great potential, never fully realized.