And why isn't Tiny on our staff?
The next comment will be that they "misremembered" the shady details

desco80

Re: Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cincinnati Transfer - Bayside, NY
« Reply #1682 on: May 16, 2014, 03:28:21 PM »

Foad

« Reply #1683 on: May 16, 2014, 03:30:15 PM »
CBS asked 100 division 1 coaches what was the dirtiest recruitment in the past decade...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/19865011/critical-coaches-which-player-had-the-dirtiest-recruitment

Don't use facts, it only confuses them.

desco80

« Reply #1684 on: May 16, 2014, 03:43:12 PM »
Let me get this straight on St John's fans and Jermaine Lawrence: Yesterday he was coming they were thrilled and now he's a primadonna?
 Braziller tweet

No one here was "thrilled", we just reasonably thought it would be a good pickup of a guy with a perceived high ceiling.

Not a hugh loss. Same as Whitehead was not a huge loss. These guys may be program changers for the mid major schools they went to/are going to, but for SJU they would have been just good potential  pieces and were not seen as more than that by most fans.

We can't freaking score.   Whitehead would have been an enormous pickup for us.  McDonalds All-Americans are a big pickup for any school.   Lets stop being ridiculous. 

Whitehead could have eventually developed into a solid #2 scoring option. But he is simply not a #1 guy on any highly ranked squad that could advance in the tourney, which is what St. johns aspires to be. He is certainly not the caliber of guy who can demand to be the go to guy as a true frosh for a quality program. SH is going to suffer this coming season with that freshman trying to dominate the ball and for having predetermined that no one else can emerge organically as the #1.

Personally, I think SH will struggle because they had 3 starters graduate, and not because they're bringing in one of the top guards in the country.   

« Reply #1685 on: May 16, 2014, 03:44:14 PM »
A lot of Calipari guys on that list

boo3

« Reply #1686 on: May 16, 2014, 03:45:52 PM »
3 coaches out of 100?   Wow... Filthy.....Let me guess, the 3 coaches that lost out on him...

Anyway,  I don't care about that stuff anyway...Cheat away...just win, and don't get caught.

I will sacrifice integrity for a Title..not my school.... ;)

ras

« Reply #1687 on: May 16, 2014, 03:55:22 PM »
CBS asked 100 division 1 coaches what was the dirtiest recruitment in the past decade...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/19865011/critical-coaches-which-player-had-the-dirtiest-recruitment
Also receiving votes were Pelle, Sampson and Jevon Thomson.

« Reply #1688 on: May 16, 2014, 06:28:54 PM »
This next school will be Jermaine's fourth in four years.
Jr. HS: Cardozo
Sr. HS: Pope John
Fr Col.: Cincinnati
So Col: ?

Not exactly the poster child for sticking with a program. Almost like Lamar Odom going to Rhode Island. Just needs to prove he can stay healthy, a big issue, and he'll be done. Europe, NBA, whoever is paying. And that's fine. More minutes for Thomas and frontline role players up front.

« Reply #1689 on: May 16, 2014, 07:32:53 PM »
Let me get this straight on St John's fans and Jermaine Lawrence: Yesterday he was coming they were thrilled and now he's a primadonna?
 Braziller tweet

No one here was "thrilled", we just reasonably thought it would be a good pickup of a guy with a perceived high ceiling.

Not a hugh loss. Same as Whitehead was not a huge loss. These guys may be program changers for the mid major schools they went to/are going to, but for SJU they would have been just good potential  pieces and were not seen as more than that by most fans.

This coming from a #1 NIT seed with a free ride to the semis @ MSG that lost to - wasn't even competitive with - an NEC team before a pitifully small crowd at Carneseca. No balls whatsoever.

Big time program. Been hearing it for years but not seeing it on the court. A "good potential piece". Totally pretentious.  What have you guys actually ACCOMPLISHED lately? Lavin maybe a great recruiter but he hasn 't won anything with all of the talent.

« Reply #1690 on: May 16, 2014, 07:36:12 PM »
 Braziller tweet

Big time program. Been hearing it for years but not seeing it on the court. A "good potential piece". Totally pretentious.  What have you guys actually ACCOMPLISHED lately? Lavin maybe a great recruiter but he hasn 't won anything with all of the talent.
  you aren't a st johns fan ?

« Reply #1691 on: May 16, 2014, 07:46:20 PM »
Not really. I do think you guys are over rated and I think a number of fans this board are somewhat delusional regarding their perception of where St. John's exists in the real college basketball universe.

« Reply #1692 on: May 16, 2014, 07:48:14 PM »
Not really. I do think you guys are over rated and I think a number of fans this board are somewhat delusional regarding their perception of where St. John's exists in the real college basketball universe.
Great. Go away then

« Reply #1693 on: May 16, 2014, 08:09:45 PM »
Great. Go away then
Add in Spade's: "Buh-Bye"

Poison

« Reply #1694 on: May 16, 2014, 08:34:23 PM »

Which local program should be given more credit, if we are overrated?

MCNPA

« Reply #1695 on: May 16, 2014, 08:42:46 PM »
I thought he would have been a good pickup for us.  Just disappointed with all this "handler" nonsense, but it is what it is.  I hope we land Carter. 

« Reply #1696 on: May 16, 2014, 08:48:29 PM »

All are irrelevant on a national scale.  Do you think St. John's is relevant nationally?

Another thing. There are 85 pages in this Lawrence recruit thread, but now the kid can't cut it.

« Reply #1697 on: May 16, 2014, 08:56:36 PM »

All are irrelevant on a national scale.  Do you think St. John's is relevant nationally?

Another thing. There are 85 pages in this Lawrence recruit thread, but now the kid can't cut it.
I don't think we are close to a national power but how could we be irrelevant nationally and land recruits out of the nyc area ?

« Reply #1698 on: May 16, 2014, 09:15:38 PM »
Supposedly now Manhattan is out of the picture

boo3

« Reply #1699 on: May 16, 2014, 09:16:48 PM »
 Iona...like I said