Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies
Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #680 on: January 21, 2013, 11:27:44 AM »
I think if Bourgault doesn't get much play this year he may transfer, especially with Hooper coming in.  The only thing is he'll be a senior transfer.  And I think Orlando isnt gonna be around next year so we'll have 2 ships available.  My gut says we land Lawerence and miss out on Jordan but I hope im wrong on Jordan. 

Tough for him to transfer.
Europe might be better option

Biggest issue for Marco is Max being able to play next year and Max is better.

Yes back to the Jordan discussion.......
Don't know if Max is better? What makes him better they both shoot the lights out yet defensively, ability to handle the ball, rebounding wise I'd have to give the edge to Marco, and there the same height. So what makes Mac better? If anything I think it would be a downgrade due to max being even more one dimensional...... And rysheed Jordan is the instant impact we need!! 8)

If people think marcos feet are slow wait until they see hoopers
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

sju89tr

« Reply #681 on: January 21, 2013, 11:44:47 AM »
I have seen Hooper play, he is a better shooter and I think he is taller despite the heights listed on official roster. Max is a smarter ballplayer and works really hard. Trust me (if both are here together) lavin will play the Redshirt Soph over the Senior. 

« Reply #682 on: January 21, 2013, 01:08:10 PM »
I have seen Hooper play, he is a better shooter and I think he is taller despite the heights listed on official roster. Max is a smarter ballplayer and works really hard. Trust me (if both are here together) lavin will play the Redshirt Soph over the Senior.

Agreed

« Reply #683 on: January 22, 2013, 12:09:47 AM »
I think if Bourgault doesn't get much play this year he may transfer, especially with Hooper coming in.  The only thing is he'll be a senior transfer.  And I think Orlando isnt gonna be around next year so we'll have 2 ships available.  My gut says we land Lawerence and miss out on Jordan but I hope im wrong on Jordan. 

Tough for him to transfer.
Europe might be better option

Biggest issue for Marco is Max being able to play next year and Max is better.

Yes back to the Jordan discussion.......
Don't know if Max is better? What makes him better they both shoot the lights out yet defensively, ability to handle the ball, rebounding wise I'd have to give the edge to Marco, and there the same height. So what makes Mac better? If anything I think it would be a downgrade due to max being even more one dimensional...... And rysheed Jordan is the instant impact we need!! 8)
Everybody loves the backup QB. ;)

paultzman

« Reply #684 on: January 22, 2013, 10:34:35 AM »
“@CapitolHoops: Vaux,s Rysheed Jordan with the Capitol Hoops Play of the day  and-1 game winner with 2 seconds left in MLK Hoopfest http://t.co/QCvcwvte

paultzman

« Reply #685 on: January 22, 2013, 08:53:41 PM »
“@PhilahoopsHigh: @sheedjordan Great game today. Thanks for talking to #philahoopshigh Check it out here: http://t.co/I4wruIJh

« Reply #686 on: January 22, 2013, 11:48:40 PM »
i like how he mentioned St Johns 1st in his choices!!! One can only hope for a Jordan/Lawrence class!!

« Reply #687 on: January 23, 2013, 07:38:38 AM »
Not really discussed is the relationship there may (or may not) be between Jordan and Lawrence. Presumably, if Lawrence commits, it might give Jordan a nudge.

paultzman

« Reply #688 on: January 23, 2013, 07:40:26 AM »
Not really discussed is the relationship there may (or may not) be between Jordan and Lawrence. Presumably, if Lawrence commits, it might give Jordan a nudge.

Not really IMO.

« Reply #689 on: January 23, 2013, 12:52:00 PM »
i like how he mentioned St Johns 1st in his choices!!! One can only hope for a Jordan/Lawrence class!!

i remember when JaKarr was interviewed during his recruitment and he didn't mention us or had to think hard about us...  lol.

paultzman

« Reply #690 on: January 27, 2013, 05:26:33 PM »
Played "Crime Stopper Carr" squad;

“@jmverlin: Vaux beats Princeton Day, 70-66. Sammy Foreman has 30, Rysheed Jordan 19”

BTW, has staff been going to his games? understand could not today, but over recent weeks?

Moose

« Reply #691 on: January 27, 2013, 05:55:18 PM »
Played "Crime Stopper Carr" squad;

“@jmverlin: Vaux beats Princeton Day, 70-66. Sammy Foreman has 30, Rysheed Jordan 19”

BTW, has staff been going to his games? understand could not today, but over recent weeks?

Chiles a few weeks ago I recall
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #692 on: January 27, 2013, 10:18:14 PM »
Would be great to get him to come to a game at the Garden

paultzman

« Reply #693 on: January 30, 2013, 11:48:22 AM »
Looks like he was suspended for last game.

“@jmverlin: Weird senior day for Vaux, who was without their best play in Rysheed Jordan for some unclear reasons: http://t.co/9GVdwuvb

DFF6

« Reply #694 on: January 30, 2013, 01:37:33 PM »
Obviously would love to get Jordan, but I'm not feeling it (hope to be wrong).  If Jordan is out, are there any decent and available 2014 pg prospects that we have a shot at?  Jackson-Cartwright appears to be out for us, at least based on the last several posts on his thread.  Looking ahead, Branch likely gives us two years, so ideally, it would be nice to have a stud pg coming in as a frosh when Branch is a senior.

« Reply #695 on: January 30, 2013, 03:51:53 PM »
I'm sure he knows temple is not in his best interest and he might be waiting to see how UCLA
Roster looks after this season depending on who bolts for the NBA
We at this Point are his back up!
Basically he is stringin along the local school (Temple) lookin to play for a legend (UCLA)
But if that option is out He would travel to NY where he has the garden and
A young team (with a 4 game winning streak!) where can come in and contribute
I have no inside man just my analysis/opinion.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 03:55:11 PM by illscalpya4000 »

desco80

« Reply #696 on: January 30, 2013, 06:25:24 PM »
I'm sure he knows temple is not in his best interest and he might be waiting to see how UCLA
Basically he is stringin along the local school (Temple) lookin to play for a legend (UCLA)

If we lose him it'll be to Temple.   

crgreen

« Reply #697 on: January 30, 2013, 07:03:39 PM »

Not much to wait for with the UCLA roster regarding point guards.  They don't have one for next year.  Kyle's dad's being told by the NBA that his future position is as a point forward - so the time he's spending at the 3 and 4 is to his benefit at UCLA - plus he still gets to handle 40% of the time - enuf to be in the top 5 in the conference in assists and Assist to turnover ratio.   As he was with Myles Mach in high school, and Larry Drew here in college, he is exceptionally successful running with a lead guard and sharing the ball handling duties.   If the stays, it doesn't impact Rysheed.    Of course, Sheed may be waiting to see what Owootoah does, now that he's reclassified to 2013...

desco80

« Reply #698 on: January 30, 2013, 08:20:10 PM »

Not much to wait for with the UCLA roster regarding point guards.  They don't have one for next year.  Kyle's dad's being told by the NBA that his future position is as a point forward - so the time he's spending at the 3 and 4 is to his benefit at UCLA - plus he still gets to handle 40% of the time - enuf to be in the top 5 in the conference in assists and Assist to turnover ratio.   As he was with Myles Mach in high school, and Larry Drew here in college, he is exceptionally successful running with a lead guard and sharing the ball handling duties.   If the stays, it doesn't impact Rysheed.    Of course, Sheed may be waiting to see what Owootoah does, now that he's reclassified to 2013...

Zach Lavine?   

crgreen

« Reply #699 on: January 30, 2013, 08:51:53 PM »

Zach Lavine?

Zach can play some point, but he's a 2, and may be a three by the time school starts for him (he's grown 3 inches in the last year and a half, suposedly a legit 6'4 now and he's still 17.    He'll play some backup point minutes during his college career, but he's going to replace Shabazz as the primary scorer on next years Bruin team.  Greg Hicks, the SCOUT west coast recruiting guru, thinks he has more potential than any of the current UCLA frosh.