Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

MCNPA

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #180 on: July 27, 2012, 01:24:47 AM »
I think our clear priorities are BOTH Rysheed Jordan and either Lawrence or Martin.  Don't overlook Rysheed Jordan. He's going to be a pro.  He has the size and athleticism and if we can land him it would be a coup.  I really think we could lose Harrison after this season to try out for the pros.  Jordan would give us a blue-chip PG/SG to replace Harrison.  I think Jordan is an equally important target as the two frontcourt guys we're after.  All are blue-chippers and if we could land a stud like Jordan in the backcourt and either Lawrence or Martin, we'll be doing big things.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 01:32:40 AM by MCNPA »

desco80

« Reply #181 on: July 30, 2012, 11:28:14 AM »
I think our clear priorities are BOTH Rysheed Jordan and either Lawrence or Martin.  Don't overlook Rysheed Jordan. He's going to be a pro.  He has the size and athleticism and if we can land him it would be a coup.  I really think we could lose Harrison after this season to try out for the pros.  Jordan would give us a blue-chip PG/SG to replace Harrison.  I think Jordan is an equally important target as the two frontcourt guys we're after.  All are blue-chippers and if we could land a stud like Jordan in the backcourt and either Lawrence or Martin, we'll be doing big things.

+1

If we end up with 2 openings, which I think we will - don't know how (D'angelo goes pro, a transfer, who knows)  .. but if we end up with 2 open scholarships and fill them with Martin/Lawrence  and Jordan; that would be unbelievable.   
And like you say, set us up for very big things.

« Reply #182 on: July 30, 2012, 04:42:31 PM »

+1

If we end up with 2 openings, which I think we will - don't know how (D'angelo goes pro, a transfer, who knows)  .. but if we end up with 2 open scholarships and fill them with Martin/Lawrence  and Jordan; that would be unbelievable.   
And like you say, set us up for very big things.
Or would take Martin Lawrence for the comedic effect. :)

« Reply #183 on: August 08, 2012, 11:00:36 PM »
On his twitter he wrote that he was thinking about committing somewhere tomorrow.

paultzman

« Reply #184 on: August 09, 2012, 11:58:57 AM »
On his twitter he wrote that he was thinking about committing somewhere tomorrow.

“@InsidetheShell1: For all those wondering I think Rysheed Jordan will pick Temple. I don't think he gets outta Philly. Terps have Peters and Twins on radar”

« Reply #185 on: August 09, 2012, 12:12:54 PM »

“@InsidetheShell1: For all those wondering I think Rysheed Jordan will pick Temple. I don't think he gets outta Philly. Terps have Peters and Twins on radar”

Not so fast.  Evan Daniels of scout just talked to his AAU coach and they are looking to cut his list to 7:

Rysheed Jordan is close to cutting down his college list.

Travel team coach Kamal Yard, of Philly Pride, said Maryland, Temple, Villanova, Xavier, Rutgers, UCLA, Connecticut and St. John’s have all offered Jordan, a standout at Philadelphia (Pa.) Vaux Roberts, a scholarship.

“Everything still stands as the same in terms of the all the schools that are recruiting him,” Yard told Scout.com.

“We are in the process of getting him to cut that list down to seven schools or less,” he added. “That’s one of the things that we are doing currently.”

http://scouthoops.scout.com/
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 12:26:43 PM by fordham96 »

sju89tr

« Reply #186 on: August 10, 2012, 11:21:26 AM »
We have as good as shot as anyone if he decides to leave his hometown. With that said, I still think he goes Temple.

paultzman

« Reply #187 on: August 10, 2012, 11:25:37 AM »
We have as good as shot as anyone if he decides to leave his hometown. With that said, I still think he goes Temple.

Agree completely w Temple.

« Reply #188 on: August 27, 2012, 02:30:46 PM »
Josh Brown re-upped with Temple today.  Hard to believe he did so if he honestly thought Jordan was headed there as well.

paultzman

« Reply #189 on: August 27, 2012, 02:49:06 PM »
Hope Harrison's go to Md., hopefully helping our chances with Jordan.

« Reply #190 on: August 28, 2012, 01:24:35 PM »
Josh Brown re-upped with Temple today.  Hard to believe he did so if he honestly thought Jordan was headed there as well.
Re-upped? Was he a free agent?

Moose

« Reply #191 on: August 28, 2012, 01:26:45 PM »
Re-upped? Was he a free agent?

Restricted FA.  Rights to match ;)
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #192 on: September 05, 2012, 08:43:52 PM »
Zags latest;

Rysheed Jordan has set official visits to UCLA and Maryland, his AAU coach told SNY.tv Wednesday.

The 6-foot-4 point guard from Philly Vaux Roberts will trip to UCLA Sept. 22-24 and to Maryland Oct. 12-14 for their Midnight Madness, Kamal Yard said.

Yard said Jordan is considering UCLA, Maryland, Syracuse, Temple and Rutgers at this point.

“As of right now, we’re talking with Syracuse a lot lately,” he said. “That’s up in the air.”
Syracuse also has a commitment from 2013 St. Benedict’s Prep point guard Tyler Ennis.

Yard said Jordan likely wouldn’t end up taking five official visits.

“I think it’s going to be about three and that’s it,” he said.

Moose

« Reply #193 on: September 05, 2012, 08:44:52 PM »
Doomed

« Reply #194 on: September 05, 2012, 09:54:38 PM »
Doomed

Not worried but it is a little disappointing.  From his interview with Alex Kline in July it does sound like SJU has not been pursuing him and maybe there just is not a lot of interest. 

But PG is not a priority anyway.

Moose

« Reply #195 on: September 05, 2012, 10:09:26 PM »
Doomed

Not worried but it is a little disappointing.  From his interview with Alex Kline in July it does sound like SJU has not been pursuing him and maybe there just is not a lot of interest. 

I was being sarcastic to be honest.

And I never felt good about his recruitment honestly.  I don't see us getting anyone in November.  If anything we get a 14 kid.  I think we swoop in during the spring and get our 1 or 2 targets from 13

« Reply #196 on: September 05, 2012, 10:11:19 PM »
Doomed

I was being sarcastic to be honest.

And I never felt good about his recruitment honestly.  I don't see us getting anyone in November.  If anything we get a 14 kid.  I think we swoop in during the spring and get our 1 or 2 targets from 13

Oh I knew you were being sarcastic I was agreeing that we "are not doomed" but I like the kid to be honest.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 10:11:47 PM by fordham96 »

LJSA

« Reply #197 on: September 05, 2012, 10:12:06 PM »
Do we know exactly when we relaxed on his recruitment? Maybe Branch got an assurance that we wouldn't recruit a point guard for 2013?

crgreen

« Reply #198 on: September 05, 2012, 10:48:24 PM »
Do we know exactly when we relaxed on his recruitment? Maybe Branch got an assurance that we wouldn't recruit a point guard for 2013?

Intersting.  Rysheed is Scouts #49 ranked prospect, and #10 ranked PG.   But he's taking an official to UCLA, who already have a 2013 committment from Zach Lavine - Scouts #24 ranked prospect, and #5 ranked PG....

« Reply #199 on: September 06, 2012, 01:33:18 AM »

They could play with each other.

I really don't see Rysheed leaving Philly area.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle