Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies
Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #220 on: September 21, 2012, 08:28:00 PM »
If I'm a C student and Harvard calls to offer me an academic scholarship, I'm not gonna wait to meet the Dean.

paultzman

« Reply #221 on: September 22, 2012, 12:18:58 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: A few #stjbb players raved about Rysheed Jordan, the Philly PG taking an official visit. #boyshoops”

Poison

« Reply #222 on: September 22, 2012, 12:29:51 PM »
I'm told he rather enjoyed his breakfast

MCNPA

« Reply #223 on: September 22, 2012, 12:57:39 PM »
Would absolutely love to get a commit from this kid.  Would be huge for us.

Happy

« Reply #224 on: September 22, 2012, 02:48:05 PM »
Just came back from dribble for the cure and Rysheed was enjoying himself.  The players were saying that he is really good.  Kid is really tall and hopefully we can land him.  I was blown away by the overall team size today.  We don't have any 7 footers.. But damn near the whole team is in that 6'6 to 6'9 range. 

« Reply #225 on: September 22, 2012, 03:02:30 PM »
Just came back from dribble for the cure and Rysheed was enjoying himself.  The players were saying that he is really good.  Kid is really tall and hopefully we can land him.  I was blown away by the overall team size today.  We don't have any 7 footers.. But damn near the whole team is in that 6'6 to 6'9 range.

That's how coach likes to roll with lots of interchangeable players from both a size and skill level.

desco80

« Reply #226 on: September 22, 2012, 06:41:27 PM »
Some Rysheed at :54

Rondae Jefferson VS Rysheed Jordan - The Battle for Philly

Who's the coach in the white St Johns t-shirt, like 20 seconds into the video?

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #230 on: September 23, 2012, 12:49:37 PM »
anyone concerned that he seems to be friends with Nuri?  i'm not sure how to feel.

Moose

« Reply #231 on: September 23, 2012, 10:32:10 PM »
anyone concerned that he seems to be friends with Nuri?  i'm not sure how to feel.

All these kids are 'friends' of someone.
Being that Nuri's beef was with Dunlap I don't see an issue.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #232 on: September 25, 2012, 12:22:29 PM »
Feedback on visit;

“@AdamZagoria: Rysheed Jordan Visits St. John's, UCLA Up Next http://t.co/S0zwyK40

paultzman

« Reply #233 on: September 25, 2012, 05:16:47 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: Rysheed Jordan advisor Rodney Vinny tells me St. John's has "emerged" in Philly PG's eyes after visit. #stjbb”

“@NYPost_Brazille: Jordan camps expects him to commit sometime before new year and St. John's is one of schools he's considering. #stjbb”
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 05:19:01 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #234 on: September 25, 2012, 05:34:29 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: Rysheed Jordan advisor Rodney Vinny tells me St. John's has "emerged" in Philly PG's eyes after visit. #stjbb”

“@NYPost_Brazille: Jordan camps expects him to commit sometime before new year and St. John's is one of schools he's considering. #stjbb”

Great to hear. Still amazes me what Lavin and Co. have done in such a short time frame. They seem to have a legitimate shot at any recruit they think is attainable.

« Reply #235 on: September 25, 2012, 07:14:06 PM »
I think the addition of Martin will have a profound impact on our recruitment of point guards going forward.  You can't fake your way through 12 years of NBA experience!

« Reply #236 on: September 25, 2012, 09:23:21 PM »

Great to hear. Still amazes me what Lavin and Co. have done in such a short time frame. They seem to have a legitimate shot at any recruit they think is attainable.

It is worth stating again what many including Dave and kob among others have said previously.  Coach does not chase recruits.  He is confident enough in both his ability to recruit high level talent and his ability to close that he does not need to go after kids that he does not think he has a realistic shot at landing.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #237 on: September 26, 2012, 03:29:38 AM »

"It has been thought that Maryland and Temple were in the lead for Jordan but it now appears Villanova and $t. John's are clouding the picture.  Absolutely no clue where this kid is going to land.  UCLA also throwing it's h$t in the ring but it doesnt appear RJ wants to go far away to school.  If Roddy Peters lands at Maryland, Jordan likely goes elsewhere.  Rumor has it $t. Johns is really increasing its "effort$" under Lavin so they are definitely a wild card here.  Jordan does like Temple.  He may see a bit of a logjam at Nova but something tells me he is confident enough in his skills to not be sitting the bench wherever he goes."

Quote from a Villanova fan on the rivals board. They are definitely getting a bit nervous no?

« Reply #238 on: September 26, 2012, 05:36:48 AM »
Hopefully $teve Lavin showed Rysheed the hidden Scrooge McDuck gold vault that him and Mike Repole built on campus.

::) ::)

gman

« Reply #239 on: September 26, 2012, 07:51:32 AM »

"It has been thought that Maryland and Temple were in the lead for Jordan but it now appears Villanova and $t. John's are clouding the picture.  Absolutely no clue where this kid is going to land.  UCLA also throwing it's h$t in the ring but it doesnt appear RJ wants to go far away to school.  If Roddy Peters lands at Maryland, Jordan likely goes elsewhere.  Rumor has it $t. Johns is really increasing its "effort$" under Lavin so they are definitely a wild card here.  Jordan does like Temple.  He may see a bit of a logjam at Nova but something tells me he is confident enough in his skills to not be sitting the bench wherever he goes."

Quote from a Villanova fan on the rivals board. They are definitely getting a bit nervous no?

Pot calling the kettle black. Perhaps they forgot about the recruitment of Corey fischer