Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

crgreen

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #240 on: September 26, 2012, 10:51:23 AM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: Rysheed Jordan advisor Rodney Vinny tells me St. John's has "emerged" in Philly PG's eyes after visit. #stjbb”

“@NYPost_Brazille: Jordan camps expects him to commit sometime before new year and St. John's is one of schools he's considering. #stjbb”

"It has been thought that Maryland and Temple were in the lead for Jordan but it now appears Villanova and $t. John's are clouding the picture.  Absolutely no clue where this kid is going to land.  UCLA also throwing it's h$t in the ring but it doesnt appear RJ wants to go far away to school.  If Roddy Peters lands at Maryland, Jordan likely goes elsewhere.  Rumor has it $t. Johns is really increasing its "effort$" under Lavin so they are definitely a wild card here.  Jordan does like Temple.  He may see a bit of a logjam at Nova but something tells me he is confident enough in his skills to not be sitting the bench wherever he goes."

Quote from a Villanova fan on the rivals board. They are definitely getting a bit nervous no?

I think UCLA will be out of the picture in about 12 days (either with or without Rysheed).  They're likely taking only one more guard commit in this class, and have their top 3 in for official visits the next 2 weekends.  Sorta first come, first served.   Rysheed, Roddy Peters, and  Stevie Clark.   Just a hunch, but I think it'll be Clark jumping first - he was ALMOST the 5th signee THIS season, as he tried to reclassify for 2012 when his high school coach left after last season.   Rysheed is #41, Peters #49 and Clark #66 in the 2013 RSCI rankings.

« Reply #241 on: September 26, 2012, 10:56:09 AM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: Rysheed Jordan advisor Rodney Vinny tells me St. John's has "emerged" in Philly PG's eyes after visit. #stjbb”

“@NYPost_Brazille: Jordan camps expects him to commit sometime before new year and St. John's is one of schools he's considering. #stjbb”

"It has been thought that Maryland and Temple were in the lead for Jordan but it now appears Villanova and $t. John's are clouding the picture.  Absolutely no clue where this kid is going to land.  UCLA also throwing it's h$t in the ring but it doesnt appear RJ wants to go far away to school.  If Roddy Peters lands at Maryland, Jordan likely goes elsewhere.  Rumor has it $t. Johns is really increasing its "effort$" under Lavin so they are definitely a wild card here.  Jordan does like Temple.  He may see a bit of a logjam at Nova but something tells me he is confident enough in his skills to not be sitting the bench wherever he goes."

Quote from a Villanova fan on the rivals board. They are definitely getting a bit nervous no?

I think UCLA will be out of the picture in about 12 days (either with or without Rysheed).  They're likely taking only one more guard commit in this class, and have their top 3 in for official visits the next 2 weekends.  Sorta first come, first served.   Rysheed, Roddy Peters, and  Stevie Clark.   Just a hunch, but I think it'll be Clark jumping first - he was ALMOST the 5th signee THIS season, as he tried to reclassify for 2012 when his high school coach left after last season.   Rysheed is #41, Peters #49 and Clark #66 in the 2013 RSCI rankings.

I agree.  And I think Peters is going to Maryland if the Harrison twins pop for Kentucky.  Leaving Rysheed.

Moose

« Reply #242 on: September 26, 2012, 10:56:58 AM »

I agree.  And I think Peters is going to Maryland if the Harrison twins pop for Kentucky.  Leaving Rysheed.

I have a feeling Maryland gets the Twins.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #243 on: September 26, 2012, 11:02:32 AM »

Agree, father likes Mark T a lot.

« Reply #244 on: September 26, 2012, 11:35:47 AM »
They seem UK bound to me.

sju89tr

« Reply #245 on: September 26, 2012, 01:17:26 PM »

I feel that way too

crgreen

« Reply #246 on: September 27, 2012, 04:20:35 PM »
Report out that Rysheed has had to postpone his official visit to UCLA this weekend, due to his mothers illness. FWIW.

Marillac

« Reply #247 on: September 29, 2012, 05:29:29 PM »
This kid from the last video looks good...like one or two and done good.  Talking about #22 from the Ballin 365 video back a few pages.  Absurd...absolutely absurd.  Wow.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 05:36:38 PM by Marillac »

« Reply #248 on: September 30, 2012, 01:31:40 PM »
Is he playing today in the Nike Philly Vs NY showcase. I am stuck in traffic in NJ I hope he is playing?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 01:33:16 PM by KAHNIGHT »
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #249 on: October 01, 2012, 09:05:32 AM »
From the Temple Rivals.com site.

Yard says he is wide open still but that Temple is likely to make his final 5:

The 6-foot-4 senior, who was at Ben Franklin High School Sunday to take part in the All-City Classic that matched up the best high school players from Philadelphia against those from New York, does not appear ready to make a decision as the NCAA's early signing period approaches in mid-November.

"Right now, I'm wide open," Jordan told OwlScoop.com prior to playing in Sunday evening's seniors game. "So, basically, it's Syracuse, St. John's, Alabama, Villanova, Xavier, Temple and some others."

Kamal Yard, Jordan's AAU coach, told OwlScoop.com Sunday even he is attempting to get an answer to that question.

"I think it changes every day in terms of what he wants to do," Yard said. "I think it's hard for him. He's a Philly kid, through and though. He bleeds Philly; he loves it. So in that sense I think it's hard for him to leave, and then there's some days where he says, 'I've got to go.' So everything has been up in the air and he hasn't just been able to figure out exactly what he wants to do, but I think he'll be getting there sooner rather than later."

Jordan is set to visit Syracuse the weekend of Oct. 12 and has already visited St. John's. He had an official visit lined up for UCLA this weekend but had to cancel.
http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1416180

MCNPA

« Reply #250 on: October 01, 2012, 10:10:31 AM »

The 6-foot-4 senior, who was at Ben Franklin High School Sunday to take part in the All-City Classic that matched up the best high school players from Philadelphia against those from New York, does not appear ready to make a decision as the NCAA's early signing period approaches in mid-November.

"Right now, I'm wide open," Jordan told OwlScoop.com prior to playing in Sunday evening's seniors game. "So, basically, it's Syracuse, St. John's, Alabama, Villanova, Xavier, Temple and some others."

Kamal Yard, Jordan's AAU coach, told OwlScoop.com Sunday even he is attempting to get an answer to that question.

"I think it changes every day in terms of what he wants to do," Yard said. "I think it's hard for him. He's a Philly kid, through and though. He bleeds Philly; he loves it. So in that sense I think it's hard for him to leave, and then there's some days where he says, 'I've got to go.' So everything has been up in the air and he hasn't just been able to figure out exactly what he wants to do, but I think he'll be getting there sooner rather than later."

Jordan is set to visit Syracuse the weekend of Oct. 12 and has already visited St. John's. He had an official visit lined up for UCLA this weekend but had to cancel.

Another kid keeping it close to the vest.  I think we have a very good shot, but I don't think any of us will know will direction he's leaning til signing.  It's certainly not sooo up in the air if he will be getting to his decision soon.

sju89tr

« Reply #251 on: October 01, 2012, 10:12:20 AM »

Another kid keeping it close to the vest.  I think we have a very good shot, but I don't think any of us will know will direction he's leaning til signing.  It's certainly not sooo up in the air if he will be getting to his decision soon.

I bet this drags into the spring

Chilleb

« Reply #252 on: October 04, 2012, 05:39:44 PM »
I bet Maryland turns up the heat on sheed now..

« Reply #253 on: October 04, 2012, 07:19:05 PM »

No doubt, still like our chances though

LJSA

« Reply #254 on: October 05, 2012, 02:49:50 AM »

I think the heat already needed to be constant, trying to convince him the three of them could play together. Otherwise, why would he go anywhere where he was the clear consolation prize?

MCNPA

« Reply #255 on: October 05, 2012, 06:32:25 AM »

I think they are now in line to land PG Rodney Peters and I hope they do.  Ultimately though, we want kids that want to come here and play, not rely on dominoes falling our way, although it certainly can help.  I'm glad the Harrisons didn't choose Maryland though.  I love seeing the ACC spurned.

Moose

« Reply #256 on: October 05, 2012, 12:10:09 PM »

I think they are now in line to land PG Rodney Peters and I hope they do.  Ultimately though, we want kids that want to come here and play, not rely on dominoes falling our way, although it certainly can help.  I'm glad the Harrisons didn't choose Maryland though.  I love seeing the ACC spurned.

Most UMD fans are scared by Kansas and don't think they are lined up for him.
Remember who broke the Slice news

sju89tr

« Reply #257 on: October 05, 2012, 12:15:49 PM »

I can care less if we land him because everyone else got someone else to be honest. Maryland though will be tough competitor for his services. Jordan though likely fills their needs better than Peters although Peters is a local kid.

« Reply #258 on: October 05, 2012, 01:42:19 PM »

I can care less if we land him because everyone else got someone else to be honest. Maryland though will be tough competitor for his services. Jordan though likely fills their needs better than Peters although Peters is a local kid.

Really Ted?

I don't think he makes or breaks SJU but I would definitely like to see him in an SJU uniform and I know they are in good shape with him.

« Reply #259 on: October 05, 2012, 01:46:49 PM »
I think he meant that he doesn't care how SJU lands him (ie other teams signing PGs), just that we do actually land him.