Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

crgreen

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #340 on: November 17, 2012, 02:11:57 AM »
Really hope STJ is able to land Rysheed.  Can't imagine who they'd turn to if they weren't able to get him.

Struggle along with Branch and Green (and maybe D'lo) as Juniors in 2014, and get a pg from THAT incredibly rich in PGs Class?  Joel  Barry, Parker Jackson-Cartwright, Isiah Holman, Lourawls Nairn (love that name!), Jordan McLaughlin, Tide Osifeso,  Quentin Snyder, Alonso Trier, Tyler Ulis, Johnnie Vasser, Rashad Vaughn and Mitch Wilbeken are ALL top 100 point guards in the 2014 class...and I'm sure several more will rise to the top as well over the next year.

Poison

« Reply #341 on: November 17, 2012, 09:58:37 AM »
Really hope STJ is able to land Rysheed.  Can't imagine who they'd turn to if they weren't able to get him.

Branch is supposed to be the PG. Why is Jordan a must get?

paultzman

« Reply #342 on: November 17, 2012, 11:30:38 AM »

Jordan has combo skills

crgreen

« Reply #343 on: November 17, 2012, 12:31:28 PM »

Talent.  Sign the best talent you can get.  Rysheed is an upgrade in talent.   Branch is likely very good.  Great defender solid passer and shooter.    Prepstars #51 recruit in the country out of high school.    Rysheed is Prepstars #28. 

ras

« Reply #344 on: November 17, 2012, 06:27:34 PM »
Branch will be a Jr while Jorden will be FR. That said, Id love to get him.

Poison

« Reply #345 on: November 18, 2012, 10:13:59 AM »

Talent.  Sign the best talent you can get.  Rysheed is an upgrade in talent.   Branch is likely very good.  Great defender solid passer and shooter.    Prepstars #51 recruit in the country out of high school.    Rysheed is Prepstars #28. 

I agree, but that's not a "must get". We have Harrison, Greene and soon we'll have Branch. Jordan would be a nice addition, but right now, I could care less. It's time to focus on getting our current team ready for the BE. Our goal this year is to show that last year was the fluke, not 10/11.

Personally, I'd love a true point guard on this team. I think it will take us to the next level. We have to at least see what we have with Branch running the offense. I'm not as hung up on rankings. Once a kid cracks the top 100, a lot is expected.

Our highest rated recruit the last 3 years: Sir Dom. I like him. He is a work in progress, and a reminder, and that these ranking are not the gospel.

paultzman

« Reply #346 on: November 18, 2012, 11:20:07 AM »

I agree, but that's not a "must get". We have Harrison, Greene and soon we'll have Branch. Jordan would be a nice addition, but right now, I could care less. It's time to focus on getting our current team ready for the BE. Our goal this year is to show that last year was the fluke, not 10/11.

Personally, I'd love a true point guard on this team. I think it will take us to the next level. We have to at least see what we have with Branch running the offense. I'm not as hung up on rankings. Once a kid cracks the top 100, a lot is expected.

Our highest rated recruit the last 3 years: Sir Dom. I like him. He is a work in progress, and a reminder, and that these ranking are not the gospel.

Agree, Dom was overrated, decent 4 year player, bit not the stud as Telep, in particular, thought. He is a solid tweener, who hopefully can learn to shoot. Jordan to me is not a must get, but a "statement" recruit. IMO, getting him& Lawrence is affirmation of the program's ability to attract top kids year in year out.

« Reply #347 on: November 18, 2012, 02:15:26 PM »
If D'angelo leaves, Jordan is a must get. Need a scoring guard

« Reply #348 on: November 18, 2012, 02:53:08 PM »
Per Alex Kline, Rysheed was at the Temple game yesterday

« Reply #349 on: November 18, 2012, 02:55:23 PM »

Where in my post did I use the words "must get"?  My point was that most of the players in the 2013 class have already signed.  There are only a handful left.

Based on the fact that St. John's will have inevitable departures at the conclusion of this season, I'd like to see the coaching staff fill those spots with top talent.  Additionally, I haven't heard STJ linked with anybody besides Jordan and Lawrence at this point. 

Poison

« Reply #350 on: November 18, 2012, 03:41:43 PM »

D'Angelo isn't going anywhere. He's not even on the NBA radar, nor should he be.

Poison

« Reply #351 on: November 18, 2012, 03:46:22 PM »

Where in my post did I use the words "must get"?  My point was that most of the players in the 2013 class have already signed.  There are only a handful left.

Based on the fact that St. John's will have inevitable departures at the conclusion of this season, I'd like to see the coaching staff fill those spots with top talent.  Additionally, I haven't heard STJ linked with anybody besides Jordan and Lawrence at this point. 

We need to let go of our sky is falling attitude. No, you didn't say "must get" but you implied it, and that kind of thinking needs to go. The fans need to cut it out because the coaching staff no longer operates that way.

Sweating bums like Stephenson and Landesberg didn't help this program one bit.

If we get Jordan, great, if not, we'll be just fine with what we have, and God forbid a legit sleeper guard who can sit on his butt and watch.

« Reply #352 on: November 18, 2012, 03:51:22 PM »

D'Angelo isn't going anywhere. He's not even on the NBA radar, nor should he be.

It has been established that D'Angelo is likely to go even if the NBA isn't his destination.  He could certainly collect a nice paycheck in Europe at the end of the year.

Poison

« Reply #353 on: November 18, 2012, 03:56:09 PM »

It has been established that D'Angelo is likely to go even if the NBA isn't his destination.  He could certainly collect a nice
paycheck in Europe at the end of the year.

That would be incredibly sad, if true. Leaving the first they get is a poor reputation for any school to have. Leaving when the NBA isn't even interested, is much worse.

crgreen

« Reply #354 on: November 18, 2012, 05:56:30 PM »

It has been established that D'Angelo is likely to go even if the NBA isn't his destination.  He could certainly collect a nice

That would be incredibly sad, if true. Leaving the first they get is a poor reputation for any school to have. Leaving when the NBA isn't even interested, is much worse.

Yes.  Billy Donovan and Florida have NEVER recovered from Nick Calathes.....

Poison

« Reply #355 on: November 19, 2012, 12:56:42 AM »

Yes.  Billy Donovan and Florida have NEVER recovered from Nick Calathes.....

SJ and Florida are not comparable programs. Billy Donovan is as accomplished a coach as there is right now. I love Lavin, but it would not be good for anyone, including Harrison, if he bolted after this year to do who knows what. Fact of the matter is players like him grow on trees. Foreign teams can find a 22 ppg scorer who doesn't play defense on half the college programs in this country.

paultzman

« Reply #356 on: November 19, 2012, 09:54:00 PM »
FWIW

“@sheedjordan: Keep calm I'm goin commit.”

Moose

« Reply #357 on: November 19, 2012, 09:59:46 PM »
FWIW

Sure hope our fans arent bothering him
Remember who broke the Slice news

Chilleb

« Reply #358 on: November 19, 2012, 10:01:06 PM »
FWIW

Sure hope our fans arent bothering him
What ya think moose, think he's temple bound and we beat out Cincy for jermaine. Your call?

« Reply #359 on: November 19, 2012, 10:01:33 PM »
Agree but Phil is going to be pretty damn good over the next couple of years I think