Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

MCNPA

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #440 on: November 30, 2012, 05:20:59 PM »
Temple is my guess fwiw. hope I am wrong.

Don't know.  He has strong pull from his neighborhood, but some kids find it better to be close yet not that close to home.  SJU is close to Philly and family, yet not too close for all local influences.  It is absolutely down to SJU and Temple.  I'm just not sure that Lavin loses this one.  Gotta like 50/50 though.

My only worry for SJU is two sophomore PGs on the roster - and Phil having a breakout year already - but both certainly here for a couple more years.  Both the other schools are running Seniors at PG (Khalif Wyatt and Larry Drew).  He starts from day 1 at Temple or UCLA.  Get the feeling that may be important to this kid. 

Excellent point!

true, but harrison is gone after this year. jordan will have plenty of PT at stj

Harrison isn't going anywhere.

If he doesn't leave, then Jordan is no worry at all and we're in fantastic shape.  I still think he's gone.

paultzman

« Reply #441 on: November 30, 2012, 05:27:19 PM »

Don't know.  He has strong pull from his neighborhood, but some kids find it better to be close yet not that close to home.  SJU is close to Philly and family, yet not too close for all local influences.  It is absolutely down to SJU and Temple.  I'm just not sure that Lavin loses this one.  Gotta like 50/50 though.

My only worry for SJU is two sophomore PGs on the roster - and Phil having a breakout year already - but both certainly here for a couple more years.  Both the other schools are running Seniors at PG (Khalif Wyatt and Larry Drew).  He starts from day 1 at Temple or UCLA.  Get the feeling that may be important to this kid.

A top notch player like Rysheed isn't going to be scared off by a good guard or two.  I still don't think there's any chance that Harrison will stay after this season.  He will average in the 20ppg range and be a first teamer All Big East, I have no doubt.  Harrison's production will be pretty much as good as it is going to get for him and his upside or downside in the NBA will be apparent.  I think we lose Harrison no matter what, which will pave the way for Jordan and I'd be surprised if Lavin wasn't totally aware.

We will see. Hope you are right, but will look forward to your explanation if it turns another way. My In Laws are visiting. Can you lend me those rose colored glasses?

crgreen

« Reply #442 on: November 30, 2012, 05:29:10 PM »

Excellent point!

true, but harrison is gone after this year. jordan will have plenty of PT at stj

Harrison isn't going anywhere.

Not worried about D'lo.   Harrison being here to RECEIVE his passes is an incentive for Rysheed.   It's  Jamal Branch and Phil Green at PG, and splitting PG minutes 3 ways that might concern him.   It's not a matter of being "scared" - it's a matter of available minutes.     Could he be happy if he ended up Eric Beldsoe to John Wall?    Or as Quinn Cook to Austin Rivers/Seth Curry last year?   Or does he see himself as Wall/Rivers?

MCNPA

« Reply #443 on: November 30, 2012, 06:10:57 PM »

A top notch player like Rysheed isn't going to be scared off by a good guard or two.  I still don't think there's any chance that Harrison will stay after this season.  He will average in the 20ppg range and be a first teamer All Big East, I have no doubt.  Harrison's production will be pretty much as good as it is going to get for him and his upside or downside in the NBA will be apparent.  I think we lose Harrison no matter what, which will pave the way for Jordan and I'd be surprised if Lavin wasn't totally aware.

We will see. Hope you are right, but will look forward to your explanation if it turns another way. My In Laws are visiting. Can you lend me those rose colored glasses?

Paultzman.  Ive already explained why it can go either way. So did Fordham.  Temple an obvious option and

P.S.  I've had about enough of you. You are becoming increasingly irritating on these boards and I'm not the first poster who has noticed.  Just kidding! ;)

paultzman

« Reply #444 on: November 30, 2012, 06:16:19 PM »

Paultzman.  Ive already explained why it can go either way. So did Fordham.  Temple an obvious option and

P.S.  I've had about enough of you. You are becoming increasingly irritating on these boards and I'm not the first poster who has noticed.  Just kidding! ;)

No, you're not.

Poison

« Reply #445 on: November 30, 2012, 06:55:05 PM »

Excellent point!

Are you suggesting that Harrison is leaving to play overseas?

« Reply #446 on: November 30, 2012, 08:15:32 PM »
I think he is the perfect PG for Lavin's system. Lavin tends to like big PG's who can score. Really hope we can land him.

Chilleb

« Reply #447 on: November 30, 2012, 08:26:49 PM »
Listen guys nobody spot is guaranteed you don't produce you don't play, c jones went from 12th man to starter Felix went from redshirt fresh to starter. I hope rysheed comes in here and sees that his talent will dictate his pt

crgreen

« Reply #448 on: November 30, 2012, 08:46:28 PM »
Listen guys nobody spot is guaranteed you don't produce you don't play, c jones went from 12th man to starter Felix went from redshirt fresh to starter. I hope rysheed comes in here and sees that his talent will dictate his pt

'Cept he's apparently deciding before he ever sees Branch play.

MCNPA

« Reply #449 on: November 30, 2012, 08:51:55 PM »

Like I said, good players these days aren't worried unless they have something to worry about.  If Rysheed is scared about playing here, then Temple might be a good choice.  Only things that Rysheed played with these guys including Branch when he visited I believe.  He knows what is here. 

sju89tr

« Reply #450 on: November 30, 2012, 08:53:55 PM »
I don't think we land him but we have to love our chances. The development of Harrison and Greene can't hurt either in terms of selling our coaching to him. Greene turned himself from a kid who maybe would warrant some minutes to someone who may sniff the NBA in 3 years,

crgreen

« Reply #451 on: November 30, 2012, 08:58:56 PM »

Like I said, good players these days aren't worried unless they have something to worry about.  If Rysheed is scared about playing here, then Temple might be a good choice.  Only things that Rysheed played with these guys including Branch when he visited I believe.  He knows what is here.

Again, the word isn't "scared", its "start".    Harrison, Balamou, and Green - Jordan - two of those DON'T start in 2014.

paultzman

« Reply #452 on: November 30, 2012, 09:00:29 PM »

Again, the word isn't "scared", its "start".    Harrison, Balamou, and Green - Jordan - two of those DON'T start in 2014.

Good point CR.

MCNPA

« Reply #453 on: November 30, 2012, 09:09:11 PM »

True.  As I said, I don't think Harrison will stick around, even it is better for him to do so.  Just a gut feeling.

sju89tr

« Reply #454 on: November 30, 2012, 09:14:06 PM »

True.  As I said, I don't think Harrison will stick around, even it is better for him to do so.  Just a gut feeling.

I honestly think he does, maybe not 4 years but likely 3.

I am sure Lavin will put our feelers for him but unless we take a deep run to get him some over exposure, he may go undrafted.

I am not sure how much you make playing in Europe. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 09:14:32 PM by sju89tr »

« Reply #455 on: November 30, 2012, 09:34:38 PM »
Doesn't UCLA have highly rated guards coming in?

And I think Greene sees a lot of time at 2g if we get a pg like Jordan.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

crgreen

« Reply #456 on: November 30, 2012, 09:45:01 PM »

All shooting guards.  No Points.  Zach Lavine was originally projected as a point two years ago - but he's grown to 6'4,  and could be 6'5 or 6'6 by next October.  Turning into an athletic freak wing.

They basically have told Rysheed he's the starter next year if he comes.   Kyle can play pg, but the fact Drew is leading the nation in assists playing WITH Kyle kinda offsets that argument.  But, they also told that to 4 other PGs who've gone elsewhere - most recently Stevie Clark, who declared for OK State today.

As for Greene at 2G, if D'lo is back, and Felix is there as a soph, not that minutes for him to PLAY at 2G.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 09:47:39 PM by crgreen »

MCNPA

« Reply #457 on: November 30, 2012, 10:11:47 PM »

All shooting guards.  No Points.  Zach Lavine was originally projected as a point two years ago - but he's grown to 6'4,  and could be 6'5 or 6'6 by next October.  Turning into an athletic freak wing.

They basically have told Rysheed he's the starter next year if he comes.   Kyle can play pg, but the fact Drew is leading the nation in assists playing WITH Kyle kinda offsets that argument.  But, they also told that to 4 other PGs who've gone elsewhere - most recently Stevie Clark, who declared for OK State today.
As for Greene at 2G, if D'lo is back, and Felix is there as a soph, not that minutes for him to PLAY at 2G.

Rysheed is a shooting guard...  ;)

As far as Levine not being a PG because he is 6'4"... Rysheed is also 6'4"

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 10:15:18 PM by MCNPA »

crgreen

« Reply #458 on: November 30, 2012, 10:18:32 PM »

Rysheed is a shooting guard...  ;)

As far as Levine not being a PG because he is 6'4"... Rysheed is also 6'4"

But not projected to grow 2 inches.

« Reply #459 on: November 30, 2012, 10:42:16 PM »
Could grow to 6'6"?  Haha you are really reaching.    Rysheed could grow to 6'8" too.
 ;D
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!