Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

Moose

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #500 on: December 04, 2012, 01:58:18 AM »
Would love to see this kid don a St. John's uniform.

'don'
nice word usage based on tomorrow (or later today for you guys back east)
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #501 on: December 06, 2012, 08:55:07 AM »
Watched the Temple vs Nova game last night on ESPN.

Not a 100% sure but it looked like  Rysheed was sitting right behind the Temple team bench.

Now that cannot be a good sign.

Moose

« Reply #502 on: December 06, 2012, 08:59:41 AM »

Not a 100% sure but it looked like  Rysheed was sitting right behind the Temple team bench.

Because going to games is sure sign indicator?  Hello Corey Fisher among the scores of other NYC players who practically lived behind our bench.

He lives in Philly.  Lets panic about the USF game and not Rysheed sitting at a game between 2 Philly schools.

paultzman

« Reply #503 on: December 06, 2012, 09:13:36 AM »
Agree with Moose. Bigger issue is playing time available at Temple IMO. We'll see. If we don't get him, CHilleB can get us a shooting guard, Severe! Ha!

« Reply #504 on: December 06, 2012, 11:08:58 AM »

Because going to games is sure sign indicator?  Hello Corey Fisher among the scores of other NYC players who practically lived behind our bench.

He lives in Philly.  Lets panic about the USF game and not Rysheed sitting at a game between 2 Philly schools.

Did not realize my post put me in PANIC mode. Think you are reading into a simple post just a little to much. Just adding some information to the site.....
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 11:20:06 AM by Red2395 »

Moose

« Reply #505 on: December 06, 2012, 11:21:01 AM »

Did not realize my post put me in PANIC mode. Think you are reading into a simple post just a little to much. Just adding some information to the site.....

You said "Now that cannot be a good sign"

If you didn't say that I probably wouldn't have responded.

boo3

« Reply #506 on: December 06, 2012, 08:09:22 PM »

You said "Now that cannot be a good sign"

If you didn't say that I probably wouldn't have responded.

Moose is the charter member, and President of the Panic Police on the jungle.   If you need any lieutenants , I'm your man.

I've said it before, but, I think STJ fans, this year more so than years past,  have completely left the reservation when it comes to blowing things out of proportion and overreacting.

This isn't directed at you, Red2395, so you know.   More of a general observation.

I knew you poeple were nuts, but this year....wow...Must be all that Mayan crap or something.

MCNPA

« Reply #507 on: December 09, 2012, 02:40:19 AM »
Wonder if he's still announcing tomorrow?  As for him being at a Temple game.  He lives around the block.  Anybody remember Corey Fisher attendng as many games as a season ticket holder? 

paultzman

« Reply #508 on: December 09, 2012, 04:38:47 PM »
Hopefully we are still in this and have representation;

“@jmverlin: Phil Martelli and Fran Dunphy are in the building; Dunphy's likely here for Rysheed Jordan, a 6-4 PG from Vaux.”

paultzman

« Reply #509 on: December 09, 2012, 05:25:22 PM »
Thx Ted!

“@Raczok: Chiles is the man #qstjbb RT @matt_breen: At Philly U for Vaux hoops game. St Johns asst is here to see Rysheed Jordan”

paultzman

« Reply #510 on: December 09, 2012, 08:00:47 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: Temple, St. John’s Watch Rysheed Jordan http://t.co/PUTt93nh

Chilleb

« Reply #511 on: December 09, 2012, 08:23:56 PM »
We need rysheed in the worst way, there's no way he dosent see our lack of creators.

« Reply #512 on: December 10, 2012, 10:17:28 AM »
temple fans laying it on thick.  would be shocked if he doesn't pick Temple.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9ujAXtCQAEOqML.jpg:large

sju89tr

« Reply #513 on: December 10, 2012, 10:23:54 AM »

No one laid it on more thick than the "one foot in the grave" Hall fans last year with Kyle Anderson. How did that turn out for them in South Orange?

I agree he must be leaning towards Temple but we have a legit shot here. Chiles has worked him very hard.   

MCNPA

« Reply #514 on: December 10, 2012, 11:39:17 AM »

Rysheed can come to a SJU game. Our student section can make signs too.  In fact, I bet we can make at least TWO signs... ;)

« Reply #515 on: December 10, 2012, 03:22:14 PM »
A week ago, Jordan took an official visit to UCLA. He says the decision between the Bruins and his other two finalists -- Temple and St. John's -- is becoming more and more difficult.

"I feel like I could make up my mind at anytime," said Jordan. "I could wake up tomorrow and want to make a decision.

"I've seen everything I need to see, I just need to pick."

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1447435

« Reply #516 on: December 10, 2012, 03:57:24 PM »
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/high_school/pennsylvania/20121209_Rysheed_Jordan_carries_Vaux_to_victory.html

Last weekend, Jordan made an official visit to UCLA and whittled his list down to the Bruins, St. John's and Temple. He said he is in no rush to make his decision and is not ready to set a date for it. Temple coach Fran Dunphy was in the stands on Sunday, as was St. John's assistant Tony Chiles.

"I could wake up tomorrow and make my decision," Jordan said.

Jordan lives just west of Temple's North Philadelphia campus and said he considers the school home. Earlier this season, fans in the Owls' student section lifted a sign that said: "We want Rysheed Jordan."

"They made me feel like a big deal," Jordan said.

« Reply #517 on: December 12, 2012, 03:41:02 PM »
Eric Bossi has an update.

Not much new just talks about how he enjoyed his UCLA visit and that he is down to the 3 schools everyone knows:

Lately, though, what people want to know about is any direction that Jordan may be leaning in. He's down to Temple, St. John's and UCLA and took his final visit to Westwood a week and a half ago.

"The visit was great," said Jordan of Westwood. "The campus was great. I liked the school. I talked to the academic advisers and they were great."

Jordan also spoke about each of his other two finalists beginning with Temple.

"Growing up I used to always go to Temple games," said Jordan. "Seeing them play more and more every day I started liking them more."

With Steve Lavin at the helm St. John's has proven they will put athletes on the floor.

"I like that they get up and down the floor," said Jordan of the Red Storm. "They share the ball an they have pretty good big guys who can catch the ball and finish."

So far, Jordan has been unable to set a timetable for making a decision. He feels that he's seen everything he needs to see from each program and just needs time to decide.

"Maybe I'll wake up one day and make a decision,' said Jordan. "I'm just not ready yet. I'm just taking my time."

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1448349

paultzman

« Reply #518 on: December 12, 2012, 08:21:56 PM »
“@pompeysgridlock: Temple target Rysheed Jordan is in the house.”

“@sheedjordan: “@cnmenta: @OwlScoop_com @sheedjordan And 7 dudes in the front of the student have R-Y-S-H-E-E-D spelled across their torsos” were the pic”

Wonder if those Seton Hall fans shadowing Anderson last year would have succeeded if they went with "full torso" look. Lol
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:22:27 PM by paultzman »

MCNPA

« Reply #519 on: December 12, 2012, 08:36:09 PM »
I'm hoping he waits a while.  I think the longer it goes, the better for us.  Wouldn't mind if he made a Garden game or two and see what bball is really like.  Perfect one might be our first against Nova.