Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies
Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #540 on: December 13, 2012, 10:40:52 PM »
Not a clue what this kid is thinking but they are trying to get him to a game at the Garden before he decides.
Let's compromise and get him to the Barclays Center.

sju89tr

« Reply #541 on: December 14, 2012, 09:35:40 AM »
Not a clue what this kid is thinking but they are trying to get him to a game at the Garden before he decides.
Let's compromise and get him to the Barclays Center.

Give him one of your 13 tickets then Maher LOL

CC Moose

paultzman

« Reply #542 on: December 16, 2012, 09:24:06 AM »
Carrington Carries VILLA Classic
Alex Kline
TheRecruitScoop.com Publisher

Talk about it in the Message Boards
GLENSIDE, PA - As the VILLA Classic was full of superstars in a showdown of five games pitting teams from New York against teams from Philadelphia, numerous recruits showed off their skills. With UConn's Kevin Ollie, Providence's Ed Cooley, Temple's Fran Dunphy and Villanova's Jay Wright taking in the action, along with assistants from Drexel, Xavier, Rider, Florida International and elsewhere, the top performance of the day was without a question, Khadeen Carrington.

Carrington Continues Hot Flash

Ranked No. 94 in the Rivals150, the 2014 6-foot-3 shooting guard showed off his ability to attack the rim in bunches. This not only led to an MVP performance, but the recording of his 1,000th career point. The Bishop Loughlin (NY) product credits his improved jumper and improved ability at seeing the floor to his improved success on the court.

After picking up an offer from Florida State last week, the four-star prospect hopes to get on the Seminoles campus in near time. UConn, Cincinnati, West Virginia, Rutgers, St. John's and others have also offered the talented guard, who says that the Huskies, Mountaineers, Bearcats and Seminoles are standing out the most to him because of how frequently they stay in contact. With Kevin Ollie in attendance Saturday, it gave him a perspective of what Carrington could do against some real talent and a tough atmosphere. Carrington came up big in front of the coach who he is starting to grasp onto.

Whitehead Weaving Through Recruiting Process

Struggling in his past two games, Isaiah Whitehead is ready to break out of a mini slump after weekend losses to St. Frances (MD) and Imhotep Charter (PA). As he is still one of the top guards in the nation - ranked No. 13 in his class - Whitehead is ready to bring his usual intensity back to the court.

On a different note, his recruitment is winding down. As he hopes to cut his list to five schools by next month, Whitehead says that Syracuse, UCLA and Louisville are standing out at this point, while Rutgers and St. John's haven't been in constant contact as before.

While Syracuse has caught the eye of the five-star prospect from Lincoln (NY), his mind isn't made up yet.

"If I was a lock for Syracuse, I would have committed by now," he told Rivals.com following his game at the VILLA Classic. "My mind hasn't been made up yet."

Regarding Louisville, UCLA and Syracuse standing out - the Orange have shown him plenty of attention, he could play alongside close friend Chris McCullough and he would only be around four hours away from home. When Louisville came by to watch him workout, they showed him film and Whitehead was intrigued by how he could fit into the offense. UCLA has gotten him on campus before, but could the Pac-12 be out of range because of how far away it is? That's certainly possible.

As for now, Whitehead may be cutting his list to five soon, but he doesn't intent to commit until his senior year.

Rysheed Addresses Rumors

2013 Robert Vaux (PA) point guard Rysheed Jordan has heard nearly every rumor about his recruitment within the past few months. While it hasn't struck gotten to him yet, he could end his recruitment any minute.

"It could happen at anytime," he told Rivals.com following his game. "I haven't made up my mind, but everyone will know."

As far as rumors of Temple being to close, UNLV being the odd man out and St. John's being the likely destination because of the style of play and ideal location, Jordan denied it all.

"None of that's true," he echoed.

Down to the Bruins, Red Storm and Owls, the No. 29 player in the Rivals150 for the class of 2013 could make his move at any minute.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 09:27:27 AM by paultzman »

paultzman

« Reply #543 on: December 22, 2012, 01:59:06 PM »
“@DanielJMartin_: #STJbb target Rysheed Jordan had 40 points for Vaux today against Miller School, per @CFAClassic.”

Chilleb

« Reply #544 on: December 22, 2012, 02:14:27 PM »
“@DanielJMartin_: #STJbb target Rysheed Jordan had 40 points for Vaux today against Miller School, per @CFAClassic.”
To bad it happened the day after we blew one to Asheville and temple upsets the number 3 school in the country

paultzman

« Reply #545 on: December 22, 2012, 02:19:53 PM »
“@DanielJMartin_: Rysheed Jordan #STJbb >> RT @CFAClassic: Jordan had 80 points in three games in Columbia!  7 three-pointers today in the 40-point effort.”

Chilleb

« Reply #546 on: December 22, 2012, 02:20:48 PM »
 :D
“@DanielJMartin_: Rysheed Jordan #STJbb >> RT @CFAClassic: Jordan had 80 points in three games in Columbia!  7 three-pointers today in the 40-point effort.”
Him and carrington would be a dynamic backcourt
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 02:21:15 PM by Chilleb »

paultzman

« Reply #547 on: December 22, 2012, 02:23:34 PM »
:D
Him and carrington would be a dynamic backcourt

Think they are impressed with our "weave"? Lol

Moose

« Reply #548 on: December 22, 2012, 03:34:59 PM »
Sure hope one of our coaches was there.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #549 on: December 27, 2012, 02:22:09 PM »
Playing in Trenton NJ tonight. Hopefully Lavin is there.

« Reply #550 on: December 27, 2012, 09:36:41 PM »
A feature on Rysheed:

http://www.usatodayhss.com/secretweapon/article/rysheed-jordan-secret-weapon-training-video

Theres a video interview on him in there. No news but he talks about how he likes to pass the ball and find his teammates. I want this guy bad.

« Reply #552 on: December 27, 2012, 10:05:51 PM »
Thanks for posting those vids. Kid is dynamite athlete. His jumper looks pretty good as well. We desperately need guys like him who can break down a defense.
Anyone else see a little bit if Tyshawn Taylor?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Chilleb

« Reply #553 on: December 27, 2012, 10:33:01 PM »
Thanks for posting those vids. Kid is dynamite athlete. His jumper looks pretty good as well. We desperately need guys like him who can break down a defense.
Anyone else see a little bit if Tyshawn Taylor?
Better.. Really like this kid

« Reply #554 on: December 28, 2012, 01:50:04 AM »
i really like our chances.  if he was so in love with Temple he would've committed.  the fact that he's waiting (presumably for a Garden visit) speaks volumes.

paultzman

« Reply #555 on: January 01, 2013, 04:05:59 PM »
Short walk to Temple, so....

“@sheedjordan: When I go to college who gone come visit me???”

« Reply #556 on: January 01, 2013, 05:25:10 PM »

It wouldn't really be a visit if he is still home, but if we are talking NYC....  :)

MCNPA

« Reply #557 on: January 01, 2013, 05:27:12 PM »

Sounds like he's saying he isn't going to college in his hometown.  Promising...

paultzman

« Reply #558 on: January 01, 2013, 05:31:39 PM »

Sounds like he's saying he isn't going to college in his hometown.  Promising...

My point, hope so.

« Reply #559 on: January 01, 2013, 06:31:27 PM »

My point, hope so.
Nice recovery paultzman, I took your post to mean you meant the opposite-that it looks like Temple. :) :) :)